Season Ticket Renewals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by dpoc74 »

I have come quite late to the tigers party. I only moved to the area three years ago. Before that I lived down South and would take my son to footy games.
I bought my first match day ticket due to a school promotion/flyer that came home with one of the kids. My son remarked on the "great" atmosphere, lack of policemen in the ground, sitting with opposing fans and having a laugh. I liked being able to have a pint whilst watching the game :) That season we went to another 6 or so games.
The next season I got three season tickets, and this is the second year of having them.
I don't go because of the match day "experience", I certainly don't go because I expect us to win.
I go because each time I learn a bit more about rugby, I get to chat/connect with my 14 year old son about something/anything, I take one of my other daughters to the game, or my father in law, I get to have a few pints, I get to watch some fantastic rugby sometimes. I would rather go to the rugby whatever the result, then not go at all.

I guess different people go for different reasons. Some people have got used to the success that we had in pervious seasons, and demand this now. There is nothing wrong with expecting great things from a great club. However there is a fine line between wanting/hoping success and demanding success as a right. I always used to get bored by the argument certain Liverpool fans used to make, about what a great team they once were and the belief that they had a right to success not by anything that was happening on the pitch but by their bulging trophy cabinet (it is finally going good for them now though!)

I have no doubt that we will come good again, I just don't know if we will ever dominate like we did in previous years.
This doesn't bother me, as I tell my son, when success comes it will be even sweeter.
I will carry on renewing my season ticket through thick and thin. If other people don't want to, that is fine.
It will give me an opportunity to mix up where we sit and maybe swap next season (currently in the Robin Hood stand). There is an obnoxious twerk behind us who obviously has a beef about Dan Cole. Him and the kids he drags along lambasts him and laughs any time he drops the ball gives away a penalty, far too much. Beginning to get on my nerves.

Anyway, looking forward to the final four games at home and wondering if I can get to the stoop on time for the final away game of the season!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:36 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:12 pm "a" poor season? It's many more than that hence why so many have had enough. I admire them for digging in this long.
So many before that were outstanding though. That's my point.
Not always, many years pipped by Bath, humiliated by wasps in the HC at Twickenham. Remember years of nothing. Not all Tigers fans began turning up in the 90's.
The point is, surely you show your support whether we are the best team in the world or struggling to get results?

Yes, at times this season, I've left the ground annoyed, angry, bewildered and many other types of adjectives but I won't stop going just because we are not performing as we could be and not winning things. I support Tigers because to me, they are the greatest team in the world and they are my club and they always will be. If we never win a trophy ever again, it wouldn't stop me turning up to support them.
beech

Post by beech »

Everyone is entitled to decide how to spend their money but I am puzzled over some comments. My wife and I have had the pleasure of supporting Tigers for over 20 years. As a disillusioned association football supporter I started coming to Welford Road in the late 80s. We consider ourselves so lucky to have followed Tigers during the glory days, with the occasional blip against Brive, Ulster, Wasps, Sale and Bath, to mention a few, and we now have to experience the lows, which all the teams in the premiership have been through.
We thoroughly enjoy the friendship of the people around us and, finance and health permitting, have every intension of continuing to do so. We believe that Geordan will bring success although it will be difficult as all the other teams have
improved .
tf22
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I'll always renew as will support my club through thick and thin, just feel no direction at the moment from BoD to the playing side.
We have no divine right to win any thing but what I'd like is us to CHALLENGE every season and not short change the fans.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

We as supporters of course do not have the right to expect a cupboard full of trophies each season, but we do have the right to expect the players to go out and give their all. This season many have consistently not done that and have thus let the paying fans down so very badly.

Next season, we don't want any more of this utter nonsensical attitude. :smt018
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:44 pm We as supporters of course do not have the right to expect a cupboard full of trophies each season, but we do have the right to expect the players to go out and give their all. This season many have consistently not done that and have thus let the paying fans down so very badly.

Next season, we don't want any more of this utter nonsensical attitude. :smt018
A sensible criticism :smt017? As rare as seeing a sensible and fair criticism of Captain Marvel!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

As a season ticket holder for 30 years it was with heavy heart to give it up two seasons ago.
Quite interesting when I notified the club that I would not be renewing my ticket the person on the end of the phone ok and that was the end of it!
While at work last night my best friend Pedigree Chum informed me that he had notified the club that he would not be renewing his season ticket after 40 years as a season ticket holder, he went on to tell me that he to was not asked for the reason for not renewing after 40 years of supporting the Tigers, we both agreed that it seems in our opinion that the club no longer cares about long serving fans and that some of the values of supporters has been lost from the clubs point of view.
I dare to say we might not be on our own but it would be interesting to hear others views .
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

chappie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 am As a season ticket holder for 30 years it was with heavy heart to give it up two seasons ago.
Quite interesting when I notified the club that I would not be renewing my ticket the person on the end of the phone ok and that was the end of it!
While at work last night my best friend Pedigree Chum informed me that he had notified the club that he would not be renewing his season ticket after 40 years as a season ticket holder, he went on to tell me that he to was not asked for the reason for not renewing after 40 years of supporting the Tigers, we both agreed that it seems in our opinion that the club no longer cares about long serving fans and that some of the values of supporters has been lost from the clubs point of view.
I dare to say we might not be on our own but it would be interesting to hear others views .
My wife and I are both in our 10th season as season ticket holders, I received all my season ticket renewal goodies including paper and lanyard weeks ago. My wife has received didly squat!!!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

chappie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 am As a season ticket holder for 30 years it was with heavy heart to give it up two seasons ago.
What were you expecting? Tigers to offer you a decrease in cost to keep you?

The only reason for them to ask you why, would be for research to see what the biggest reason for people not renewing is.

Them not asking you doesn't mean they don't care.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:38 am
My wife and I are both in our 10th season as season ticket holders, I received all my season ticket renewal goodies including paper and lanyard weeks ago. My wife has received didly squat!!!
Have you contacted the club and asked if it's been sent?

To be honest, I opened mine, looked at it for a few seconds and put it down somewhere. So long as my ticket is renewed, I'm not expecting a "goody bag". What's the point in it?
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Hope you were a 'legend' ellis !
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

MikeR wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:52 pm Hope you were a 'legend' ellis !
Of course I'm a legend :smt023
GwrxTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by GwrxTiger »

I've not renewed for next season, main reason for me is the random kick off days/times, its been harder and harder to work around family and work commitments so I've had to miss numerous matches, it used to be the odd one but now seems like its more often that not. I will be better off picking and choosing the matches I can get to rather than paying for seats I cant use.

There used to be other benefits to being an ST holder but they seem to have faded away over the years. Never going to stop supporting the club but I can sympathise with those who have become disillusioned. I do think the club takes the fans for granted, expecting us to stand in enormous queues for expensive average quality beer/food or spend a fortune on shoddy merchandise in the store, just tend to get the uncomfortable feeling I'm being taken for a mug.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

sapajo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:38 am
Ours both arrived on the same day a couple of weeks ago so maybe an admin error rather than anything else. I can't imagine you are having to hide your lanyard from your wife!
As Good As It Gets
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Oh for the days of amateur rugby, when the game was played for pleasure, and not big money. Mingling with the players for a post match drink, and truly feeling part of the club.

Now look at the game, and a different breed of players.