What do you want on match day?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Re: What do you want on match day?

Post by Pellsey »

The only thing which I would enjoy other than rugby is the egging and feathering of anybody doing "pre-match entertainment" including fire-throwers and fireworks and loud / annoying commentators (eg Bath / Wasps).
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

no fireworks. no gospel choirs. better sound system. better humour on the mic.

the wasps game was atrocious.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

One thing I am proud of in these times of discord and ridiculous tribalism is that the announcement of the score is done in a sensible, even understated way; and none of this hysterical, partisan, "Come on you insert home team" afterwards.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
GwrxTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by GwrxTiger »

I've been an ST Holder the last ten years and I can honestly say I've never even seen the half time 'entertainment' once, when the whistle blows for the first half its queuing to get downstairs, queuing to drain the tanks, queuing to get a pint for the second half and then back up the stairs hopefully in time for the second half to start.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Not sure if this is true, but whenever the bangra drummers and dancers are in attendance, Tigers haven’t lost a game. So, whilst they may not be to everyone’s taste, if the statistics I suspect are true, are actually true, then give them a residency. The result is what is most important for the majority of fans, I expect, and if the drummers make this happen, then good.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I like the Bangra drummers.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Personally, just a match. Maybe a beer or a cup of tea/coffee. I can manage without being “entertained” at every conceivable moment when the match isn’t being played.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I'd like drummers, marching bands, acrobats, community singing, big ball, small ball, fire-eaters, dancing girls, dancing boys, dancing bears, falconry demonstrations and jugglers.

In fact, anything that keeps you lot in your seats and gives me a clear run for the toilets and the bar in time for the second half!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 am I'd like drummers, marching bands, acrobats, community singing, big ball, small ball, fire-eaters, dancing girls, dancing boys, dancing bears, falconry demonstrations and jugglers.

In fact, anything that keeps you lot in your seats and gives me a clear run for the toilets and the bar in time for the second half!
Close the bar at half time so that my entertainment is not disturbed by people running to the toilets and bar for a refill :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
TimwW

Post by TimwW »

Definitely do not want those flame throwers in front of the Holland & Barrett (nee CAT) Stand. They completely obscure the entry of the teams if your in the lower level which rather detracts from the occasion.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TimwW wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:31 pm Definitely do not want those flame throwers in front of the Holland & Barrett (nee CAT) Stand. They completely obscure the entry of the teams if your in the lower level which rather detracts from the occasion.
Have you fed that back to the club?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

TimwW wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:31 pm Definitely do not want those flame throwers in front of the Holland & Barrett (nee CAT) Stand. They completely obscure the entry of the teams if your in the lower level which rather detracts from the occasion.
On the plus side it does allow you to get your hands warm :smt038
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Noggs wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:54 pm
On the plus side it does allow you to get your hands warm :smt038
+1
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm One thing I am proud of in these times of discord and ridiculous tribalism is that the announcement of the score is done in a sensible, even understated way; and none of this hysterical, partisan, "Come on you insert home team" afterwards.
[/quote

Absolutely. It is so annoying, and trashy!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The consensus here seems to be that we are happy to drink and chat with our neighbours, rather than have all the “entertainment”.

I wonder if anyone is listening?
Valhalla I am coming!