LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by LE18 »

BFG wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:47 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm
Well that's the problem with the six nations, one weekend it's Wales and then a fortnight later it's Italy.
If you see above the team listed though it does say team of the round and not team of the tournament, there is a difference in there somewhere, and I'd put money on Guscott not fancying playing with Farrell with no space!
It's Alphonsi and not Alfonso, these names are really hard aren't they especially when the world ends at the Spanish Costas.
Alphonsi has Basteraud in her team at 13 and goes on about someone being central to France's success in the past two weeks, what success!
Also something about a bloke who ran over Ford as though he wasn't there!
My apologies to Maggie, a great player, for getting her name wrong. (Typo,) No apologies to you though, her team for this weekend was;
Larmour, Cockanasigna, Manu, Parkes, Adams, Sexton, Murray, Healy, George, Dell (she moved him over) Ryan, Kruis, Shields, Watson (even though only a sub) Vunipola. No Basteraud.
When you take an overall of the 3 matches she aint far wrong!
I was messing and thought that you might spot that I was quoting from last years six nations, but seriously Shields ain't far wrong over three matches, no matter time for some lunch, Spanish prawns, Alfonso service please!
From Barcelona, no doubt. Sorry about not spotting last years posting, when you get old you have difficulty remembering what you had for dinner, let alone last year! :smt045
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Marcus Smith in England's training squad.
I hope that he can cope with Cockanasiga better than he did with Banahan yesterday! :smt005
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I read an article last week that said Parisse had lost 128? international matches, a record and he's still not demoralised! Some bloke!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cole retained over Williams,very surprised but good luck Dan!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Ben Spencer (Saracens) has been called up as a replacement to Dan Robson (Wasps) who is out with illness.

Uncapped forward Elliott Stooke is among the group of players retained.

Forwards

Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons).

Backs

Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Stooke cap would be long overdue. Deserved one against Japan in the autumn at least.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm Stooke cap would be long overdue. Deserved one against Japan in the autumn at least.
Agreed, great young player with grunt and massive physicality. Jealous of him and Ewels both playing for Bath.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 pm Ben Spencer (Saracens) has been called up as a replacement to Dan Robson (Wasps) who is out with illness.

Uncapped forward Elliott Stooke is among the group of players retained.

Forwards

Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons).

Backs

Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
Really pleased for Ben Spencer, it doesn't seem that long ago I was watching him play in a Blood and Sands shirt? Stooke had a cracker for Barf.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agreed about Spencer.
Only issue I can see is that unless England are leading comfortably with 20 to go Youngs will be playing most of a test match again so may not start against Saints.

I understand that for some supporters this would be a blessing
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 am Agreed about Spencer.
Only issue I can see is that unless England are leading comfortably with 20 to go Youngs will be playing most of a test match again so may not start against Saints.

A blessing indeed my son. "God works in many ways, his wonders to perform". :smt042
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Sorry not to see Joe (with the hard to pronounce Fujian name) not even in the match day 23
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 pm Sorry not to see Joe (with the hard to pronounce Fujian name) not even in the match day 23
The Scottish half backs will kick a lot and this shows where Eddie thinks he is in his development.
The interesting thing will be if there are any injuries to our back 3. Would George Ford come on at fullback, or would Slade be moved back there with the shuffle taking place in mid field
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m backing Italy!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Crazy stats! There are more Leicester players in the England squad than any other club This surely shows two factors., regarding our league position.

We all know the problems of losing our players to the national sides, but it certainly illustrates the lack of quality we have in the back five, with the exception of D.D. when fully fit. Massive lack of quality but nothing we didn't already realise. However, the stats actually go a long way to proving it.

Let us all hope that the B.O.D. realise it to.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 am Agreed about Spencer.

I'd be throwing every single one of them into the starting line up for Saints. They will then have a week off afterwards as we have no game. I'd then rest the ones that need resting against Exeter and then put them all back in for the remaining games.

Win against Saints
Lose to Exeter
Win the rest and finish 5th