Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Post by Scott1 »

Woohoo! Great news!
But if you have a second read through this nasty,uneducated,jealous nonsense!
https://disqus.com/home/channel/dtrugby ... signs_for/
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Surely he will be the marquee player Chobbsy :smt023

Must mean that Taufua is our other one as ones has to be from outside of the premiership like Toomua was!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:17 pm Surely he will be the marquee player Chobbsy :smt023

Must mean that Taufua is our other one as ones has to be from outside of the premiership like Toomua was!
Not necessarily
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

mightymouse wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm Good one

We just need him to stay fit and play as well for us as he has England.

Hopefully it will encourage others to stay ie Genge

Exactly this.

A tremendous and wonderful decision. Also will attract players from outside the club to join us if we are after them. :smt041
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: We love Manu - discuss

Post by ellis9 »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 pm
ellis9 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:30 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Great to see loyalty has been repaid, but I bet it breaks the bank
Some people just can't help themselves.

I am sure the club have offered a deal that works for both the player and the club and have got a plan as to how much they are offering other incoming players and other players re-signing.
To be fair to Chobbsy the cynic in me says with renewal of season tickets going poorly it gave Cohen et al the impetus to break the bank as they needed the good news ASAP...hence Cohen going down to England camp...a deal along the lines of only available if you sign and announce it this week

The rugby fan in me is ecstatic...Manu when he broke through was by far away my favourite player just hope we can actually build a team to give him some front foot ball going forward :smt023
I think you're over thinking it. Cohen going to the England camp so Manu can sign the contract wouldn't have been "sign now or not at all". Manu was ready to sign so our CEO delivered the contract to him himself to get it signed.

Well done Cohen on getting this done. Not just for going to London but for the whole process.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:00 pm

I am sure the club have offered a deal that works for both the player and the club and have got a plan as to how much they are offering other incoming players and other players re-signing.
would you like to expand on that comment or are you just trying to stir trouble as usual? I forgot we have to clear our opinions with you or concur with your opinions before we post them
What would you like me to expand on?
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Pleased , but also Mixed feelings . We will still have the problem next Season that a very large proportion of the wage cap will be spent on players who are only playing a relatively small number of games for Tigers . Seems stupid to run a Business where your major Salary earners do not turn up to work or contribute for so much of the time .
I like Manu very much but the basic problem remains .
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:03 pm
ellis9 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:00 pm

would you like to expand on that comment or are you just trying to stir trouble as usual? I forgot we have to clear our opinions with you or concur with your opinions before we post them
What would you like me to expand on?
Go back to stealing oxygen
Well that's really useful. I am unconditionally pleased that Manu is staying with Tigers and I am sure that his remuneration package is a fair reflection of his position in the marketplace.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

MikeR wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm Pleased , but also Mixed feelings . We will still have the problem next Season that a very large proportion of the wage cap will be spent on players who are only playing a relatively small number of games for Tigers . Seems stupid to run a Business where your major Salary earners do not turn up to work or contribute for so much of the time .
I like Manu very much but the basic problem remains .
But the problem is not of Tigers or Manu's making. It is the system we are in. The alternative - to get rid of your best players- is not a sensible option (although weirdly advocated by some on here)
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 pm

To be fair to Chobbsy the cynic in me says with renewal of season tickets going poorly it gave Cohen et al the impetus to break the bank as they needed the good news ASAP...hence Cohen going down to England camp...a deal along the lines of only available if you sign and announce it this week

The rugby fan in me is ecstatic...Manu when he broke through was by far away my favourite player just hope we can actually build a team to give him some front foot ball going forward :smt023
I think some people need to look up the definition of 'break the bank'. I am sure that Cohen would have let Manu go before doing this.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

A little bit off topic but slightly important as regards to money coming into the game I've read that DAZN,the online subscription platform,will be biding for the premier League and Champions League rights next time they come up. If BT lose out there's no way there's enough money there to keep the GP rights and with CVC connection to Sky Sports through F1 we could see the GP going there along with the 6N if CVC get a stake with them. I expect a lot of changes ahead and more money entering the game.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The money is amazon prime getting the rights potentially
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Some people need to get a grip and be happy for the club. Manu signing an extension is a massive plus for the club.

People being cynical about Cohen going, he’s got massive experience being an agent in the past and fair play to him getting it sorted. Apparently 9,000 season tickets have already been renewed which is more than this time last season so I highly doubt it was announced to drum up some sales. Why can’t some people just enjoy the day for what it is and be happy for the club. I’m all for being critical but some of the comments and deluded and toxic based on just hearsay.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

So it’s now time for us to get behind Manu

Let him know he’s made the right decision

Let’s get the crumbie rocking (other stands available but have better foundations)

It’s time to deafen the opposition and give our team the 16th man they need.

He’s shown he’s committed now let’s show the team how committed we all are!!

Oh and it’s saints as well
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If that's the case then DAZN are players too then RB. The platform isn't over here yet but will be if they get the football rights.