Sione banned for 5 weeks in reality

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GETHIN EXILE

Sione banned for 5 weeks in reality

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

why is it that the outcome of the hearing is declared as being a 3 week ban but considering the fixtures the ban ends on 16th of april which is actually 5 weeks after the hearing? it is time that a 3 week ban meant exactly that. otherwise all disciplinary matters should be decided on a number of matches basis.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Sione banned for 5 weeks in reality

Post by TigerCam »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:09 pm why is it that the outcome of the hearing is declared as being a 3 week ban but considering the fixtures the ban ends on 16th of april which is actually 5 weeks after the hearing? it is time that a 3 week ban meant exactly that. otherwise all disciplinary matters should be decided on a number of matches basis.
I guess as there is no prem games for two weeks, it is because it is 3 weeks of the prem period not calendar?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I’ve read 3 matches not seen 3 weeks
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Funny how some get a ban which starts straight away and miss only one game (just an example) while we get nailed!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

On a related issue does anybody know whether Josh Beaumont got cited for his initial action which provoked SK to do as he did?
Because to my mind he should have been.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Sadly not. The citing commissioner must have left her glasses at home.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:50 pm Sadly not. The citing commissioner must have left her glasses at home.
Was it the Cat’s mother?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I was at the game but didn't watch it back on TV, was it a legit red card? Looked very soft from the stands and we couldn't figure out why Beaumont wasn't then required to go off for a HIA.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 pm I was at the game but didn't watch it back on TV, was it a legit red card? Looked very soft from the stands and we couldn't figure out why Beaumont wasn't then required to go off for a HIA.
Cut and dry red card. No question. Shoulder straight to the head. Should have known better.

Beaumont did seem to make a meal of it but Sione is 19 stone of angry Tongan by this point. Beaumont was looking to provoke a reaction, I don't think he made contact with a head via his shoulder, just shots onto prone players which Carley audibly warns him about but then doesn't penalise him.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’ve seen it and does Beaumont make a meal of it? It’s a thin line to tread.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Is this a precedent? Even entry levels dictate bans set out in weeks,I can't ever remember a match ban,can anyone?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

If they wanted a three match ban then they should have said so, and by the same token, made it a five week ban.
This just emphasises the numpties out there making bumbling misstatements. Ridiculous! :smt013
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

A 3 week ban for a nudge from a standing start on an opponent.

Words fail me!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Someitmes you generally do take a hit and just need a couple of seconds to recuperate, personally I’m fine with the Beaumont reaction but the fact that he didn’t go for a HIA and didn’t get cited too or at least warned speaks volumes.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:49 pm Is this a precedent? Even entry levels dictate bans set out in weeks,I can't ever remember a match ban,can anyone?
The RFU disciplinary bans are in game weeks - weeks where a banned player could have been selected to feature.
The classic was the ban to Chris Ashton where Sale tried to include an invented pre season game on 24/8/18 against Sale junior club and this was reviewed and the 7 week ban extended beyond Tigers game.
Refer to the RFU website - Governance > Disciplinary Hearings.