Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Scott1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:39 pm

JD2 is coming in for Toomua not Manu according to some.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Dangerous4 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:40 pm

If he dos stay, then I pray he won't be injury ridden. That is my main concern.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:46 pm

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:35 pm
I hope you're right but I'm not so sure, he's got a skill set in great demand, we might have had to roll out the Brinks truck to get him onboard.
Yes but New Zealand players outside the very top names are not paid a huge amount.
We have already secured him and £200k would be a big increase on his current salary

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Dangerous4 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:40 pm
If he dos stay, then I pray he won't be injury ridden. That is my main concern.
Easy to say but touch wood those days are long gone now. Coaches and physios both for club and country have learnt how to manage his workload so as not to cause too much strain on his groin etc

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8515
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by RagingBull » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:26 pm

:smt018 Taufua will be a great signing but he won’t be on Marquee money more like £200k
:smt018
Mark62 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:46 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:35 pm
I hope you're right but I'm not so sure, he's got a skill set in great demand, we might have had to roll out the Brinks truck to get him onboard.
Yes but New Zealand players outside the very top names are not paid a huge amount.
We have already secured him and £200k would be a big increase on his current salary
Were do you get that from.
Reminder we did have to beat Bordeaux to get him as well.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Gut feeling RB. It is likely that I’m conservative with my estimate but I don’t think he’ll be on what people are thinking and sure he won’t be a Marquee signing.
Most fans unless they follow The Crusaders have not heard of him, even Nick Mullins tweeted he hadn’t seen much of him

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8515
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by RagingBull » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 pm
Gut feeling RB. It is likely that I’m conservative with my estimate but I don’t think he’ll be on what people are thinking and sure he won’t be a Marquee signing.
Most fans unless they follow The Crusaders have not heard of him, even Nick Mullins tweeted he hadn’t seen much of him
fans aren't the ones they would be competing with though.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Mark62 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 pm
Gut feeling RB. It is likely that I’m conservative with my estimate but I don’t think he’ll be on what people are thinking and sure he won’t be a Marquee signing.
Most fans unless they follow The Crusaders have not heard of him, even Nick Mullins tweeted he hadn’t seen much of him
fans aren't the ones they would be competing with though.
Agreed but a certain amount of the cost of anything comes with the name.
I may be completely wrong and he obviously won’t be bargain basement but at 27 and not an established international I would be worried if we were paying top dollar

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8515
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by RagingBull » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:19 pm

All relative though.
Top dollar doesn't have to mean £500,000 +
Just means is he the most expensive new player currently joining and if rumours are true he will be.


On Manu, I don't believe he has signed anything still.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:27 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:19 pm
All relative though.
Top dollar doesn't have to mean £500,000 +
Just means is he the most expensive new player currently joining and if rumours are true he will be.


On Manu, I don't believe he has signed anything still.
I think we’re in agreement to a point that he will be on good money and I would certainly hope he was getting more than other names muted but not mega star salary. As I say my initial figure is a conservative estimate

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8515
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by RagingBull » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:28 pm

I would imagine he's on at least £300,000

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6011
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by JP14 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:39 pm
JD2 is coming in for Toomua not Manu according to some.
We need centres but the money should be spent on the forwards!
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Scott1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Agree JP, monster lock and monster number 8

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Who is JD2

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by strawclearer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:03 pm
Who is JD2
Jonathan Davies currently of Scarlets as opposed to 'Jiffy'...I assume.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cardiff Tig, Google [Bot] and 2 guests