Season Ticket Renewals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by sapajo »

I believe if you choose not to buy a season ticket then you are a rank hypocrite to criticise anyone who buys one regardless of the reason and gives it up regardless of the reason.

Unlike you I actually practice what I preach, I have paid for 2 season tickets for 10 seasons and I shall continue to do so.

That's my opinion which I'm entitled to.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:49 am I believe if you choose not to buy a season ticket then you are a rank hypocrite to criticise anyone who buys one regardless of the reason and gives it up regardless of the reason.

Unlike you I actually practice what I preach, I have paid for 2 season tickets for 10 seasons and I shall continue to do so.

Go on, tell me where I don't practice what I preach?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:55 am
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:49 am I believe if you choose not to buy a season ticket then you are a rank hypocrite to criticise anyone who buys one regardless of the reason and gives it up regardless of the reason.

Oh dear. Ellis - it would seem that you do practice what you preach. Sadly, I don't like what you preach!

Leicester Tigers is inclusive and welcoming to those who love our game whether they visit every time we play or once or twice a season. We pride ourselves on being a family - not a clique - where any parent would be happy to bring their child or their grandmother! We are respectful - of those who have a deep, insightful knowledge of our game and of those who find it a thrilling mystery! From the 'happy clappers' to the 'doom-mongers' and everyone in between, we rejoice in and encourage the rich tapestry of support we encounter here. We thrive thanks to those who come to Welford Road and shout themselves hoarse and those who sit quietly. Through app or LTTV or through simply acknowledging them, we welcome those who watch in a pub, a club or their lounge. We compete with other clubs who are our friends rather than battle against the 'enemy' and we go out of our way to engage with those 'away' supporters who honour us by visiting Welford Road - and spending their money here.

We truly value those who support us - whether they have a season ticket or not.

What you preach is neither inclusive nor welcoming - nor is it respectful. You reject those whose level of support is "poor" by your standards. It's not the Tigers way - but that's just my opinion.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:03 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:55 am

Oh dear. Ellis - it would seem that you do practice what you preach. Sadly, I don't like what you preach!

Leicester Tigers is inclusive and welcoming to those who love our game whether they visit every time we play or once or twice a season. We pride ourselves on being a family - not a clique - where any parent would be happy to bring their child or their grandmother! We are respectful - of those who have a deep, insightful knowledge of our game and of those who find it a thrilling mystery! From the 'happy clappers' to the 'doom-mongers' and everyone in between, we rejoice in and encourage the rich tapestry of support we encounter here. We thrive thanks to those who come to Welford Road and shout themselves hoarse and those who sit quietly. Through app or LTTV or through simply acknowledging them, we welcome those who watch in a pub, a club or their lounge. We compete with other clubs who are our friends rather than battle against the 'enemy' and we go out of our way to engage with those 'away' supporters who honour us by visiting Welford Road - and spending their money here.

We truly value those who support us - whether they have a season ticket or not.

What you preach is neither inclusive nor welcoming - nor is it respectful. You reject those whose level of support is "poor" by your standards. It's not the Tigers way - but that's just my opinion.
I have no problem as to whether people buy season tickets, individual match tickets or none at all. The issue I have, is people choosing not to renew because we aren't winning. That's a poor reason not to renew in my opinion.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Ellis,

I don't know how long you have been supporting the Tigers, but a lot of these fan s I know who aren't renewing have been season ticket holders long before we were winning lots of trophies. Sadly the days of Bath, Wasps and Tigers dominating has long gone. Fans have decided that the poor quality of rugby , lack of excitement and general all round match day experience isn't meeting their expectations. Also very few sell outs in recent seasons mean tickets are easily available if fans want to turn up, gone are the days of seat unavailability for games.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:44 pm Ellis,

I don't know how long you have been supporting the Tigers, but a lot of these fan s I know who aren't renewing have been season ticket holders long before we were winning lots of trophies. Sadly the days of Bath, Wasps and Tigers dominating has long gone. Fans have decided that the poor quality of rugby , lack of excitement and general all round match day experience isn't meeting their expectations. Also very few sell outs in recent seasons mean tickets are easily available if fans want to turn up, gone are the days of seat unavailability for games.
If the reason they aren't renewing isn't because of the rugby, then fine but if it's because we aren't winning or things aren't going as well as they'd like, then I have an issue with that and I don't mind saying so.

Having said that, what was the whole match day experience like in the 90's? Did they have acrobats, sword swallowers and jugglers before the match, at half time and after the match?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I gave up my ST due to work commitments and pick and choose my games but I've got absolutely no problem with long term ST holders not renewing due to the dross that's being served up,it's a two way street and if loyal fans have had enough and don't get the joy out of going these days then good for them!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As I say, giving up a season ticket due to work commitments is fine.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I will add too that if fans gave up their ST say after one season of mediocrity then that's a bit iffy but it's 5 or 6 now and folk can only take some much I suppose.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:42 pm As I say, giving up a season ticket due to work commitments is fine.
Ellis - your arrogance is infuriating! It is not up to you to decide how other people choose to spend their money!

In societal terms, it's all too easy to see how 'patriotism' becomes 'nationalism' - and how, in turn, that begets 'fascism' - an authoritarian, dictatorial regimentation of society comprising those who are favoured and those who must be 're-educated', rejected or 'removed'. Sadly, this isn't merely history - look across the Atlantic for the evidence of that!

In some clubs, there are those 'fanatical supporters' whose attitude borders on 'rugby fascism'. They attempt to divide supporters by criteria dictated by them - and they then advocate that the ones who don't meet their 'ideal' should be denied something that only the chosen few can enjoy.

Unwittingly, clubs sometimes provide implicit support for such distinctions. In their effort to recognise the 'supreme supporter', by default they create an 'underclass' of those who don't quite contribute to the extent of the elite. A special lanyard with which to display your season ticket credentials might be an example? Or if you really want to highlight divisions - how about a special, special lanyard? What price inclusivity when supporters without such outward displays of loyalty are left feeling their attendance and their money isn't quite as valued as they had thought?

I support the Tigers because I'm from Leicester and my father and my aunt's father both played for Tigers. I can't recall my first visit to Welford Road but I suspect it was about 60 years ago. Although I always went to the Finals, I rarely go to away matches but get to a good number of home games.

I choose - I repeat, I choose - not to have a season ticket. I've never had a season ticket and feel under no obligation to explain why not. Am I somehow lacking as a supporter?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:38 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:42 pm As I say, giving up a season ticket due to work commitments is fine.
Ellis - your arrogance is infuriating! It is not up to you to decide how other people choose to spend their money!

In societal terms, it's all too easy to see how 'patriotism' becomes 'nationalism' - and how, in turn, that begets 'fascism' - an authoritarian, dictatorial regimentation of society comprising those who are favoured and those who must be 're-educated', rejected or 'removed'. Sadly, this isn't merely history - look across the Atlantic for the evidence of that!

In some clubs, there are those 'fanatical supporters' whose attitude borders on 'rugby fascism'. They attempt to divide supporters by criteria dictated by them - and they then advocate that the ones who don't meet their 'ideal' should be denied something that only the chosen few can enjoy.

Unwittingly, clubs sometimes provide implicit support for such distinctions. In their effort to recognise the 'supreme supporter', by default they create an 'underclass' of those who don't quite contribute to the extent of the elite. A special lanyard with which to display your season ticket credentials might be an example? Or if you really want to highlight divisions - how about a special, special lanyard? What price inclusivity when supporters without such outward displays of loyalty are left feeling their attendance and their money isn't quite as valued as they had thought?

I support the Tigers because I'm from Leicester and my father and my aunt's father both played for Tigers. I can't recall my first visit to Welford Road but I suspect it was about 60 years ago. Although I always went to the Finals, I rarely go to away matches but get to a good number of home games.

I choose - I repeat, I choose - not to have a season ticket. I've never had a season ticket and feel under no obligation to explain why not. Am I somehow lacking as a supporter?
I've never said it's up to me. I'm just giving my opinion that I think it's wrong that season ticket holders are giving it up because we are having a poor season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"a" poor season? It's many more than that hence why so many have had enough. I admire them for digging in this long.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:12 pm "a" poor season? It's many more than that hence why so many have had enough. I admire them for digging in this long.
:smt023

Never seen seasons so poor as over the last few years. Been through fallow periods at the club but could always see light at the end of the tunnel, at the moment struggling to see any positive way forward.
Well before the 90's no half time rubbish, oranges on the pitch for the players. Turnaround was about 5 minutes.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:12 pm "a" poor season? It's many more than that hence why so many have had enough. I admire them for digging in this long.
So many before that were outstanding though. That's my point.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm
So many before that were outstanding though. That's my point.
Not always, many years pipped by Bath, humiliated by wasps in the HC at Twickenham. Remember years of nothing. Not all Tigers fans began turning up in the 90's.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!