Season Ticket Renewals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Season Ticket Renewals

Post by anz3001 »

First year having a season ticket for me so never renewed before.

I’ve just been told via email that only direct debit customers get a renewal pack and I can’t renew online as ‘there’s no subscription to renew’

Are they seriously not remarketing anyone that pays for their ticket upfront, that can’t be right surely, can it? Phenomenally poor business decision if so.
MJB

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by MJB »

I received an email on Saturday about my season ticket renewal. It may not have been the same as the one you received as it didn't mention renewal packs, but it did say "if you pay by Direct Debit, YOU NEED DO NOTHING!" (I also pay for my S/Tkt by direct debit).

If you are unsure then I would suggest phoning the ticket office - the staff there are very helpful - but I don't think there's anything to worry about!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I wonder if there will be a significant drop in sales. Somehow I don't believe there will be.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Sadly I know a lot of people who are not renewing next season, if the number I know is replicated by other season ticket holders there could be a drop of about 1500 people. TBH not surprised given the pathetic (wasps game excluded) rubbish we've seen all season. Fans are falling out of love with Tigers and the way we play. 7 seasons of dross = despair and despondency and people doing other things on matchday. :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:12 am Sadly I know a lot of people who are not renewing next season, if the number I know is replicated by other season ticket holders there could be a drop of about 1500 people. TBH not surprised given the pathetic (wasps game excluded) rubbish we've seen all season. Fans are falling out of love with Tigers and the way we play. 7 seasons of dross = despair and despondency and people doing other things on matchday. :smt022
7 seasons?! So winning the title in the 2012/2013 season was dross?! Absolute rubbish! We then got to 4 consecutive semi finals after that season!

I hope the season ticket holders who stop coming because we aren't winning, don't return when we start winning again.

If you can't support the club through the rough times, then dont support us at all.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Seven seasons is really pushing it. The rot started in 14/15 when we recruited all those Italians, mind you Rizzo was a good acquisition.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rizzo and Ghiraldini both good signings IMO.
For me 2012/13 was the start of the drop in quality of signings.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Agree RB
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I still keep the faith (pace, Bill W, of blessed memory) but what will happen if we don't get any European games this coming season?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:42 am Rizzo and Ghiraldini both good signings IMO.
For me 2012/13 was the start of the drop in quality of signings.
RC's interview while at Toulon stated that's when he was unable to sign who he wanted, both coaches and players, because he knew renewal was needed and he was trying to do far too much - cited that time as a painful learning experience later, when at Embra. It's also the time the old guard were retiring/leaving and also when at least two clubs were spending over the cap.

We won't be renewing, but nothing to do with the team, Mrs illnesses and foolishly getting a dog then finding promised dogsitting evaporated.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 am
7 seasons?! So winning the title in the 2012/2013 season was dross?! Absolute rubbish! We then got to 4 consecutive semi finals after that season!

I hope the season ticket holders who stop coming because we aren't winning, don't return when we start winning again.

If you can't support the club through the rough times, then dont support us at all.
Ellis - if you want the Club to have the cash to pay for the players you want to watch, can I suggest you pay a little more respect to those who choose to spend their hard-earned money on spectating rather than necessarily supporting. Treating with disdain those whose level of support doesn't match yours is neither credible nor polite.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Renewed our season tickets today. Am sure we will be better next season with a improved squad and a proper pre-season 😃
A2O
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:51 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 am

Ellis - if you want the Club to have the cash to pay for the players you want to watch, can I suggest you pay a little more respect to those who choose to spend their hard-earned money on spectating rather than necessarily supporting. Treating with disdain those whose level of support doesn't match yours is neither credible nor polite.
They aren't spending their money though are they as they're not renewing their seaon ticket.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Strawcleaner makes an excellent point regarding the distinction between supporters and spectators. For a supporter who does not invest in a season ticket to criticise any spectator for not renewing their season ticket and then suggest they do not come back is rank hypocrisy.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 am Strawcleaner makes an excellent point regarding the distinction between supporters and spectators. For a supporter who does not invest in a season ticket to criticise any spectator for not renewing their season ticket and then suggest they do not come back is rank hypocrisy.
No it isn't hypocrisy. I believe that if you only buy a season ticket when we are doing well but then decide to not buy one when we are not doing well, is poor.

That's my opinion which I'm entitled to.

If you can't turn up to watch us when we are not so good, then don't turn up when we are doing well.