Kieran Reid

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Kieran Reid

Post by Chobbsy »

Now he is one I would love to come to us, as he is retiring from international rugby after the World Cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47466116
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kieran Reid

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Journeyman, over the hill, injury prone, will take the space of a younger academy player.....
I would love him!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Whilst an all time great player he is past his best and the money he would command wouldn't be worth it imo...Japan is perfect for him :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 am Now he is one I would love to come to us, as he is retiring from international rugby after the World Cup

No we cannot sign someone who after the World Cup will be 34 years old. People on here say so.

Anyway, he's off to Japan after the World Cup.

Also, I know this is not important but when you've posted the story which shows the name Kieran Read, how have you managed to spell it as Reid in the subject title? :smt017
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:30 am
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 am Now he is one I would love to come to us, as he is retiring from international rugby after the World Cup

No we cannot sign someone who after the World Cup will be 34 years old. People on here say so.

Anyway, he's off to Japan after the World Cup.

Also, I know this is not important but when you've posted the story which shows the name Kieran Read, how have you managed to spell it as Reid in the subject title? :smt017
2 factors, 1. being human (or so I have been told), 2. Typo
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Fabulous player but is very much being allowed to play what games he wants up to the World Cup, he hasn’t been in the Crusaders match day squad yet,
After that will be too old and is off to Japan anyway
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

A truly great player, but he seems to want to go to Japan, where the money is good, but above all the physicality will be less stressful on his body, now that he is becoming an old war horse.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I'd prefer the young and hungry, not the old and tired. He's won everything in the game, can't see the adrenalin flowing for him for club matches. Dan Carter hasn't exactly hit the heights, neither has Nonu. Rugby is a game where you put your body on the line, with the best will in the world that's hard at a new club at the end of your career
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

northerntiger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:04 pmRugby is a game where you put your body on the line, with the best will in the world that's hard at a new club at the end of your career
Didn't stop Brad Thorn.... (I understand that some will disagree with that).
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Brad Thorn was a one off,look how Matfield did at Stains to ward off any interest in older players. But then I think of George Smith too!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

There's always exceptions to the rule. But Thorne did one season, Matfield blew hot and cold. I wouldn't say either was a long term success
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I don't honestly remember Matfield having one half decent game at Saints,he was awful,arguably one of the worse overseas players ever.Still a legend though. Him and Botha was one of the great second row partnerships.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:15 pm Brad Thorn was a one off,look how Matfield did at Stains to ward off any interest in older players. But then I think of George Smith too!
I really don't believe cruising, playing for the money are in Kieran's DNA