Tigers v Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Wasps

Post by JP14 »

That was one of Kalamafoni’s best performances too and Gigena has continued his good form.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

A happy wiggotiger, for once, a full bloodied game with Tigers showing full commitment and body on line display. Only negative nearly cost us the match - silly overthrow at last line out.
All in all happy to win and hopefully will turn the corner.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Credit where it is due - I thought when the chips we down key players stepped up and took responsibility.
It was definitely squeaky bum time but I thought JF was a well deserved MoM.
If we can manufacture that luck at Sale we can breathe easier but the injury situation will be crucial.
BR made me miss my bus but hey-ho, a pint of Tiger while I wait an hour for the next one!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tigerish performance. Agree we improved once we had a 'scrum half' who couldn't box kick. Lets hope it is noticed. Joe Ford definitely MotM. A most welcome return to WR.
I'm not cynical just experienced
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:14 pm Strangely they were the only three who had to get into double figures for tackles too,seemed more at the time.
Quite a lot of missed tackles
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm Also keep Holmes at 9 all season IMO.
Amen to this!

Forced to go back to basics and it looked so much better, and generally quicker.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

At the end we rescued victory from the jaws of defeat but that was a performance forged out of adversity. Ford stood up large and every player held fast it was wonderful to experience and hopefully we can move onwards and upwards. I would like to see us continue to play rugby as it shows that we are better with ball in hand than kicking it away. :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

JF played a blinder and fully deserved MOTM, JPD made some decisions actually in our favour, and JH played very well at Scrum Half.

Can someone confirm I’m not in some weird dream......
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Holmes can’t box-kick though, Ford had to box-kick today, very well may I add.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm At the end we rescued victory from the jaws of defeat but that was a performance forged out of adversity. Ford stood up large and every player held fast it was wonderful to experience and hopefully we can move onwards and upwards. I would like to see us continue to play rugby as it shows that we are better with ball in hand than kicking it away. :smt023
I don't mind kicking in the right circumstances but it's defensive kicking that's the biggest problem in my opinion.
If there is any need for that catapillar tactic then the ball is best put straight into the stands which would restrict it to inside the 22.
Outside of the 22 any defensive kicking duties should go to 10 or 15 and take away any need to tie players into that catapillar type situation which affects the defence if the ball is run back in my opinion.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I don't care about the mistakes - they can be worked on. I know we got the rub of the green on some key decisions but I came home feeling I had actually watched Leicester Tigers rather than a group of individuals wearing the club colours. Lots to work on but that 2nd half defensive effort fashioned out of adversity showed a team working for each other. Hopefully that will inspire a team that has been, in my opinion, lacking in confidence to produce more of the same and move up the table.

Well done Tigers :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 pm I don't care about the mistakes - they can be worked on. I know we got the rub of the green on some key decisions but I came home feeling I had actually watched Leicester Tigers rather than a group of individuals wearing the club colours. Lots to work on but that 2nd half defensive effort fashioned out of adversity showed a team working for each other. Hopefully that will inspire a team that has been, in my opinion, lacking in confidence to produce more of the same and move up the table.

Well done Tigers :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
I said to our group that this could be a defining point in our season. As I said at HT, Sam going off did us a favour as we played with ball in hand more often than not. I've been hugely critical of Joe Ford throughout but he stood up today and took responsibility. Our forwards also did a huge job in getting, generally at least, quick ball.

We all came away, like you, feeling that we'd seen Tigers again. Our Tigers, the true Tigers. Backs to the wall and we scrapped and came out fighting for their team mates and the fans that were there made a huge difference and we fed off them as they fed off us. Not perfect, but a huge improvement!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Really pleased for Joe Ford as he showed today what he can play like given the chance to play a bit of keep ball and he really bossed the back line indefence with constant chat! He always gives 100%.
Strange decision at the end to take Cole and Kitchener off leaving no line out leaders so wouldn’t blame Kerr for the overthrow.
Just wondered if, as TPN isn’t a great thrower if we could us him like Wasps use Johnson: not for the whole game to to bring on with 15-20 minutes to go.
The luck turned with Doyle today but, being at the end where Wasps drove for the line no one could see the grounding of the ball and whereas their backs, some metres away celebrated, the prop who had the ball didnt!
Great team effort so Geordan, take note,give the players the freedom to play what’s in front of them; it is easier to defend with the ball than without it!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Well played lads, especially 6-14 down with a threadbare back line. And especially to Joe Ford who, rightly on occasion, has taken a lot of stick on here. Could that be the confidence booster he needs?

All this whinging from Wasps fans reminds me of our lot when our players screw up and we want to blame someone. Doyle had a good game. Possibly the worst decision was the forward pass when they looked likely to score but that was called by the TJ I believe.

Two sides ravaged by injury and desparate to turn their fortunes around. Thankfully we prevailed. Let's home we get some belief and passion back off the back of it.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

If that was a good ref then Italy will win the six nations!
Don't get me wrong I couldn't really give a monkeys and Olowafela's try that was not springs to mind, but that was a try at the end all day long and having played the game and seen the different angles on the highlights I know that it couldn't physically not be!