Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Cardiff Tig »

h's dad wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:12 pm Ok, Despite his dad building the team around him, Bath's performance overall was lacklustre, resulting in his dad getting the sack.
BFG didn't say George shirks tackles, he certainly tries his best but frequently gives more yards than a better defender would do. Try reading what other people write.
Ever heard of marquee players?
And as for your last hypocritical sentence, try reading what you have written about BY when you clearly simply do not understand what he is doing. If I can understand it, it is not difficult so perhaps you should try watching a simpler game.
Blaming GF for Bath's failure is not exactly logical. He was still getting picked for England remember, and they had a whole load of issues off field. His play was never the issue.

And wading into the rest of the arguments on here :smt027

One thing that most of us agree with is that on paper our squad is better than current form. I agree with BFG in theory the pack seems OK, but there's no denying that we haven't dominated anyone in the forwards (excluding the scrum), and blaming the half backs as a result is harsh to say the least.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Who was talking about Ben Young’s? Blaming George ford for his lack or size is like blaming some people on here for their low I .Q.
A2O
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Don't understand how getting to the clubs first prem final in a decade, scoring 625 points and 72 tries as lacklustre on top of getting to the first european quarter final in 6 years narrowly losing to Leinster away 18-15.

also marquee player can't be Ford for other clubs not till 2 years after, also believe we can get academy credits on him again (I think).
Last edited by RagingBull on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:53 pm BFG come on mate,the front 5 bar Genge is almost always in negative for metres carried,Kala although a prolific carrier hardly ever beats the first man and will average close to a metre per carry. BoC and Evans as well as Thompson have games where they average 5m per carry but all our blindsides average poorly too. These are facts too I'm afraid ,the stats are very easy to find but just by watching our games you can tell how poor collectively a pack we have bar scrum time.
Not even like they are making it up in defence, outside cole and maybe youngs not many "dominant hits" from the forwards.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:59 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:53 pm BFG come on mate,the front 5 bar Genge is almost always in negative for metres carried,Kala although a prolific carrier hardly ever beats the first man and will average close to a metre per carry. BoC and Evans as well as Thompson have games where they average 5m per carry but all our blindsides average poorly too. These are facts too I'm afraid ,the stats are very easy to find but just by watching our games you can tell how poor collectively a pack we have bar scrum time.
Not even like they are making it up in defence, outside cole and maybe youngs not many "dominant hits" from the forwards.
What do you expect of a team that is structurally lined up like for like in attack and then defends mismatched!
Surely though despite opinion you must've seen Bateman carry!
You two should meet but please film it and post, it'd be a proper laugh!
That highlighted sentence! :smt005
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm Who was talking about Ben Young’s? Blaming George ford for his lack or size is like blaming some people on here for their low I .Q.
You castigate others for not backing Leicester players yet you are happy to call Ben the weak link. That is hypocrisy. What do you not understand?
Nobody is blaming George for his lack of size as far as I am aware. Indeed I believe he has worked hard to bulk up. But everybody who is not excessively one eyed knows that he is not the greatest defensive player.
The list of sports you possess the intellectual capacity to follow would appear to be getting shorter.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:57 pm Don't understand how getting to the clubs first prem final in a decade, scoring 625 points and 72 tries as lacklustre on top of getting to the first european quarter final in 6 years narrowly losing to Leinster away 18-15.

also marquee player can't be Ford for other clubs not till 2 years after, also believe we can get academy credits on him again (I think).
Thanks RB.
Yet still they sacked his dad.
I think marquee is one year per c(ii)/d(i) unless I'm reading it wrong so for one season only it would be a case of either fit in somehow or pay the penalty figure a la Harlequins.

3.3 Excluded Players
(a) For the Salary Cap Year a Club shall be entitled to nominate up to two Excluded
Players.
(b) A Club shall nominate in writing to the Salary Cap Manager the name of their
Excluded Player(s). The nominations must be received by the Salary Cap Manager
prior to the end of the Salary Cap Year in which the Excluded Players are nominated
and any exclusion from the Senior ceiling will only be effective from the date of
receipt of that nomination.
(c) A Club shall only be entitled to nominate a Player as their first Excluded Player who:
(i) has been a Player of the Club for at least two full Salary Cap Years prior to the
Salary Cap Year in which he is nominated as the Excluded Player; or
(ii) has not been a Player of any Club during the previous Salary Cap Year, other
than a Player who (A) qualifies under Regulation 3.3(c)(i) or (B) has only
been a Player of a Club during the previous Salary Cap Year as a replacement
for an Injured Player following dispensation under Regulation 5; or
(iii) has been a Player (but not an Excluded Player) for the Club in the previous
Salary Cap Year and was not a Player for any other Club for at least one Salary
Cap Year immediately prior to joining the Club.
(d) A Club shall only be entitled to nominate a Player as a second Excluded Player who:
(i) has not been a Player of any Club during the previous Salary Cap Year; or
(ii) was that Club’s second Excluded Player in the previous Salary Cap Year.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BFG desperately trying to resort to humour because he's lost the debate...badly! :smt023
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Correct. But it is not his fault no more than it is h’s dads. They just are incapable of logical thinking.
A2O
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 am BFG desperately trying to resort to humour because he's lost the debate...badly! :smt023
Whatever planet you are on beam me up Scotty!
Nothing wrong with a bit of humour, there used to be a lot more of it on here but unfortunately nowadays it is nowhere near as enjoyable.
There is no right and wrong here, only opinion.
You have changed your tune on Ford dramatically since this time last year at which time you were extremely critical and much more than I have ever been, not that you're not entitled to do so but explaining the foundation of your change of opinion might be interesting especially given our league position.
If it's the difference between right and wrong you're looking for then look no further than your claim that Ghiraldini was playing in the Saracens penalty try debacle when he wasn't even in the 23, or Umaga's age difference with Hardwick from RB that is completely wrong, these are actual facts.
A sensible debate and crossover of opinions has never been easy but recently topics have become dominated to a very childish level from the same posters.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

What part of the recent posts relate to Manu going to Racing??? Come on guys and gals - post your comments on the correct thread
Hehehehehehehehe
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am What part of the recent posts relate to Manu going to Racing??? Come on guys and gals - post your comments on the correct thread
Sorry trendy, it developed from the suggestion of any difference in value between Ford and Manu, if indeed there is any.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

And that is part of why I put the comment re post on the correct thread - so far we have had sacking coaches, Shazam and Toomua combo, what our forward carries stats mean, performance of our forwards, GF's dad getting the sack, GF bulking up - and that is in the last 16 posts and nothing about Manu going to Racing which is what I would like to know about. Oh I forgot people complaining about posts being on the wrong thread :smt007
Hehehehehehehehe
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:12 am And that is part of why I put the comment re post on the correct thread - so far we have had sacking coaches, Shazam and Toomua combo, what our forward carries stats mean, performance of our forwards, GF's dad getting the sack, GF bulking up - and that is in the last 16 posts and nothing about Manu going to Racing which is what I would like to know about. Oh I forgot people complaining about posts being on the wrong thread :smt007
As far as I know nothing has changed and Manu is still thinking it over.
I heard him on the radio yesterday and that he is currently concentrating on the six nations and will decide after.
I got the impression that the offer away is a huge draw but leaving the Tigers or not is the big decision.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just fooling BFG :smt002
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer