Tait Retires

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3989
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Tait Retires

Post by JP14 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:41 pm

You’ll be sorely missed!!
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

ABClub
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Tait Retires

Post by ABClub » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:09 pm

A great servant to Tigers who fought very hard to overcome several injuries, especially that groin problem.

My fondest memories are of his fantastic performances at fullback before later injuries robbed him of a bit of acceleration. His high ball work, footwork getting out of chasers tackles then gas to burn away for a break were fantastic.

I often wonder if he'd have followed the Sevens path had the circuit been as big then as it is now. He was an outstanding Sevens player at the highest level.

Cheers Taity and all the best in you future efforts.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 pm

shame but seemed inevitable, wish him the best for his future

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Dangerous4 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:26 pm

A very sad day for "Taity", the club and the fans. He always gave his all and will be forever remembered as a true Tiger. If only all our players were as committed as him!

Thanks for your hard work Matt, and good luck for the future.

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Spicer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:26 pm

A real shame. He has had a great career and was a great player. Plus my mum fancies him.

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4434
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Big Dai » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm

Farewell Matt. Thanks for the effort and entertainment.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Ian Cant
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Ian Cant » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Great player: loyal, hard work and very determined. Never mind the tries; that try saving tackle v Wasps at home last season was unbelievable. No wonder we have struggled this year without him
The current squad now need to show the determination and commitment he showed.
Hopefully he will come out at half time on Saturday to let us show our appreciation.

markharbtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 392
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Tait Retires

Post by markharbtiger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:27 am

A sad day for Tigers. Might have lost the speed of his younger days in recent years, but more than made up for that with nouse

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1351
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:43 pm
Location: N Herts

Re: Tait Retires

Post by CJ » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm

repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Hope we get the opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps some sort of presentation on the pitch this Saturday?

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Robespierre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm

CJ wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm
repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Hope we get the opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps some sort of presentation on the pitch this Saturday?
Thank you, CJ!
I didn't get where I am today without the opportunity to say goodbye to inspirational players!

(with apologies to our younger posters who maybe don't know about The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!)
Semper in excreta

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Tait Retires

Post by strawclearer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm
CJ wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm
repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Hope we get the opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps some sort of presentation on the pitch this Saturday?
Thank you, CJ!
I didn't get where I am today without the opportunity to say goodbye to inspirational players!

(with apologies to our younger posters who maybe don't know about The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!)
I remember Reggie when he was Rigsby! (Rossiter was a very good squash player apparently!)

Anyway - I think Mat Tait will be presented to the Welford Rd crowd at half-time on Saturday.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Robespierre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Robespierre wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm
CJ wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm
repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Hope we get the opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps some sort of presentation on the pitch this Saturday?
Thank you, CJ!
I didn't get where I am today without the opportunity to say goodbye to inspirational players!

(with apologies to our younger posters who maybe don't know about The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!)
I remember Reggie when he was Rigsby! (Rossiter was a very good squash player apparently!)

Anyway - I think Mat Tait will be presented to the Welford Rd crowd at half-time on Saturday.
'fraid I won't be there so give him a big hand from me please, strawclearer!
Semper in excreta

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Tait Retires

Post by strawclearer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Robespierre wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm


Thank you, CJ!
I didn't get where I am today without the opportunity to say goodbye to inspirational players!

(with apologies to our younger posters who maybe don't know about The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!)
I remember Reggie when he was Rigsby! (Rossiter was a very good squash player apparently!)

Anyway - I think Mat Tait will be presented to the Welford Rd crowd at half-time on Saturday.
'fraid I won't be there so give him a big hand from me please, strawclearer!
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

VernonAtrium
Tiger Cub
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Re: Tait Retires

Post by VernonAtrium » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Always loved watching the Slippery Rocket on the ball, myself. We were lucky to have him on the team, and that he could play for us as much as he did.
'Dusty Hare was / is a farmer as well. Sheep basically as far as I can remember.'

Soggypitch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1975
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Tait Retires

Post by Soggypitch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 am

Keep meaning to post on this thread.

Matt Tait a true Tigers great. Always gave 100%, incredibly versatile, never complained about terrible bad luck with injuries; he will be badly and sadly missed!!!

Good luck with your new career Matt, whatever that may be.
Soggypitch

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cardiff Tig, Google [Bot], grobyman, kpj tiger, Mark62, RagingBull, Tiglon and 2 guests