Post by JP14 »

You’ll be sorely missed!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tait Retires

Post by ABClub »

A great servant to Tigers who fought very hard to overcome several injuries, especially that groin problem.

My fondest memories are of his fantastic performances at fullback before later injuries robbed him of a bit of acceleration. His high ball work, footwork getting out of chasers tackles then gas to burn away for a break were fantastic.

I often wonder if he'd have followed the Sevens path had the circuit been as big then as it is now. He was an outstanding Sevens player at the highest level.

Cheers Taity and all the best in you future efforts.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

shame but seemed inevitable, wish him the best for his future
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

A very sad day for "Taity", the club and the fans. He always gave his all and will be forever remembered as a true Tiger. If only all our players were as committed as him!

Thanks for your hard work Matt, and good luck for the future.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

A real shame. He has had a great career and was a great player. Plus my mum fancies him.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Farewell Matt. Thanks for the effort and entertainment.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great player: loyal, hard work and very determined. Never mind the tries; that try saving tackle v Wasps at home last season was unbelievable. No wonder we have struggled this year without him
The current squad now need to show the determination and commitment he showed.
Hopefully he will come out at half time on Saturday to let us show our appreciation.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

A sad day for Tigers. Might have lost the speed of his younger days in recent years, but more than made up for that with nouse
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Hope we get the opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps some sort of presentation on the pitch this Saturday?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

CJ wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Hope we get the opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps some sort of presentation on the pitch this Saturday?
Thank you, CJ!
I didn't get where I am today without the opportunity to say goodbye to inspirational players!

(with apologies to our younger posters who maybe don't know about The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!)
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm
CJ wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm repeating what many here have said - a real Tiger and so often an inspirational player.

Thank you, CJ!
I didn't get where I am today without the opportunity to say goodbye to inspirational players!

(with apologies to our younger posters who maybe don't know about The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!)
I remember Reggie when he was Rigsby! (Rossiter was a very good squash player apparently!)

Anyway - I think Mat Tait will be presented to the Welford Rd crowd at half-time on Saturday.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you, CJ!

I remember Reggie when he was Rigsby! (Rossiter was a very good squash player apparently!)

Anyway - I think Mat Tait will be presented to the Welford Rd crowd at half-time on Saturday.
'fraid I won't be there so give him a big hand from me please, strawclearer!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you, CJ!

'fraid I won't be there so give him a big hand from me please, strawclearer!
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Always loved watching the Slippery Rocket on the ball, myself. We were lucky to have him on the team, and that he could play for us as much as he did.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Keep meaning to post on this thread.

Matt Tait a true Tigers great. Always gave 100%, incredibly versatile, never complained about terrible bad luck with injuries; he will be badly and sadly missed!!!

Good luck with your new career Matt, whatever that may be.
Soggypitch