Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:09 pm I do admire the way our internationals turn up for the SH games but Super Rugby blows the premiership away for skills,pace,power and intensity. Not even close!

Benefit for having smaller amount of teams.

Although saying that some Super rugby teams have been shocking recently.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

If you have to kick possession away to conserve energy does that suggest questionable fitness.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm If you have to kick possession away to conserve energy does that suggest questionable fitness.
Apparently the temperature was quite hot for this time of year and drained players from both sides.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:13 pm
chewbacca wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm If you have to kick possession away to conserve energy does that suggest questionable fitness.
Apparently the temperature was quite hot for this time of year and drained players from both sides.
Wasn't that hot in December :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

But Murphy said that before this game TB!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Kick chase was poor. Williams not looking at the ball and running straight into the defender past where the ball was due to land was a lazy penalty to give away.

TPN couldn't hit his mark at the lineout and coughed up possession.

Forwards too slow to the breakdown meaning that they ended up over committing. Left White with no option but to kick and kick again.

On the plus side. Worth looked rock solid again at 15. Hardwick (bar one missed kick to touch) looked good and solid in defence. The return of Thompson.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RB I agree,the Hurricanes were poor in their first game,error count was high and they only won because flakey Foley missed a gimmee. But as a whole,it's night and day. I feel like the GP is in slow motion after watching a SR game.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:08 pm Toomua has been really disappointing since he has said he is off.

Considering people on here was claiming he is much better than Ford, Ford has at least grown this season and tried to inspire something.

Awful game, nice weather for Feb though!
Finally someone who agrees with me. Ever since Toomua stated he was leaving, he has been awful. I’m fed up of people defending him because last season at one of the fan forums he came across as a nice guy. I do not care. What I care about is his performances which have been abysmal. Hardwick came on and despite his miss to touch, played better. Toomua is our marquee player and should have grabbed the game and stamped some control on the proceedings.

Same TPN, he’s an international player on wages which reflect. Absolute joke performance and one of the main reasons we lost when you can’t win any lineout ball in the last 20 minutes. Lineout was flawless with Youngs throwing.

Some massive questions about some players commitment. When Burns said he was leaving, he still gave the club his very all until the last game. Shame the same can’t be said about some of the players leaving this time round. Williams I almost never want to see again in a Tigers shirt.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:16 pm RB I agree,the Hurricanes were poor in their first game,error count was high and they only won because flakey Foley missed a gimmee. But as a whole,it's night and day. I feel like the GP is in slow motion after watching a SR game.
Can that be so Scott. Surely it's too hot for them down there.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

CMK needs some practice back reffing the U15s. It wasn't the reason we lost today but he really is terrible.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:16 pm RB I agree,the Hurricanes were poor in their first game,error count was high and they only won because flakey Foley missed a gimmee. But as a whole,it's night and day. I feel like the GP is in slow motion after watching a SR game.
Personally I would say that is more down to conditions.

Generally the weather isn’t nicer during their season, compared to ours. European rugby you usually have to factor in the winter.

That and they have no fear of relegation to make them play cagey rugby.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 pm Anyone else been very impressed by Gigena? Some big tackles and two scrum penalties against Schonert. Plus Coles massive tackle and turnover, both props a big influence on the game so far.
He certainly was solid, but a few mistakes did creep in.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:03 pm drop and never use Kitchener, Williams or anyone else that is leaving, including Toomua players totally committed and signed for Tigers need only wear the shirt
I have to agree.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sorry everyone I forgot about match, only switched on with 7 mins remaining, just in time to see us go from winning to losing! :smt013 I can see May and Ford wanting to join the exodus as soon as they can, from what you are all saying about the the players and coaching.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I don’t want to judge or be presumptuous but Toomua’s concussion is a bit coincidental.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni