Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by Dangerous4 »

I'm very surprised at the line up, but don't feel negative. As others have said, we should wait for the result, before any realistic criticism is make. I don't see Worcester as easy meat, and we must be on our mettle.

I see this as a tight game, and if we gain a bonus point, I shall be pleasantly surprised.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I am positive about this game. I honestly think we can win it. Worth is improving game by game with his positional play, Cole is back to anchor the scrum and we have some returning players on the bench. No reason why we can’t win, just need to stay switched on for 80 minutes, not after they have score 3 tries in 20 minutes. Holmes needs to run off Tomua and Owen needs to tackle. The bloke can score but needs to secure the defence a bit better.
Can see us doing it by 5 to 7 points.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

It’s good to see us getting a few players back such as Spencer and Thompson, also hope Simmons can really inject some pace when he comes on, I was impressed with him this time last year when he came in. Like other I’m a bit worried about our back row although hopefully their physicality and experience can help them get though, also a little concerned about the tight head situation, does any one know what happened with Bateman? As for the centres I know Owens been getting a hard time for his performance but I can’t help feel he’s been hung out to dry by us a bit playing him at 13 as he lacks the pace to keep up with most 13s in the premiership, I feel Eastmonds would be much better suited to 13 and Owen to 12, but I’m still optimistic and think it will be a tight game but we’ve got enough with are bench to starch the games as long as we stay in the game early one.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Also Reffell is with the U20s, therefore he is also unavailable, this is why I think the U20s Six Nations should be moved to a later date as this time of year is the perfect opportunity to get gametime with the club but can’t because their playing for their country. We’ve been lucky to hold onto Heyes and Hardwick (perhaps Allen pulling some old strings?) but not so lucky with Costelow and Reffell.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:01 pm Come on Mark,that BR is so slow you could paint them! Has Murphy lost the plot? I could understand it v Sarries but Wuss? Wheres the pace to cover if we are cut open? I really hope I come to rue this post tomorrow but I doubt it!
I also doubt it. Fitz, Williams and Kalamfoni all together? Well on a soft, muddy pitch in January maybe but at Sixways tomorrow? Then we have White at 9 who manages to be even slower than slow Ben Youngs in a slow match on a slow day. I don't see much attacking threat there either. I doubt Tigers will trouble the score board much, like to be wrong though :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 am Also Reffell is with the U20s, therefore he is also unavailable, this is why I think the U20s Six Nations should be moved to a later date as this time of year is the perfect opportunity to get gametime with the club but can’t because their playing for their country. We’ve been lucky to hold onto Heyes and Hardwick (perhaps Allen pulling some old strings?) but not so lucky with Costelow and Reffell.
I believe you can recall any player from the u20’s Worcester have recalled both Ted Hill and Ollie Lawrence for the game. I assume it works the same with players from any nation.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 am Also Reffell is with the U20s, therefore he is also unavailable, this is why I think the U20s Six Nations should be moved to a later date as this time of year is the perfect opportunity to get gametime with the club but can’t because their playing for their country. We’ve been lucky to hold onto Heyes and Hardwick (perhaps Allen pulling some old strings?) but not so lucky with Costelow and Reffell.
Reffell is injured.

Premiership rugby outranks U20’s and we can select them if we want too hence Heyes and Hardwick.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:30 am
Reffell is injured.

Premiership rugby outranks U20’s and we can select them if we want too hence Heyes and Hardwick.
Oh well in that case it’s not too bad, but I still think my point stands as it would allow young players to play more games theoretically and get game time.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Massive game for us. A must -win in my mind.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Top 4 gone completely with a loss tomorrow
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yes only a must win for Top 4.
Would help a lot for top 6.

Still 12 points above relegation though.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I used to expect Tigers to win, now its reversed & I am surprised when we do....

Not terribly optimistic about this game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Think positive - chance to do ourselves a lot of good tomorrow!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

We stay 9th tomorrow unless we get 5 points.
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:26 pm We stay 9th tomorrow unless we get 5 points.
Yes, but.....

Against the current top 4, we've played 6 of the 8 games so we only have 2 games to go - Exeter(H), Quins(A)

Against the current top 7, we've played 6 of them at their place so we only have Quins left to play away.

After tomorrow, we have 5 Home games and 3 Away games.

So - it's very much in our own hands.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives