Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by chewbacca »

This could be a close game as long as we don't capitulate in the 2nd half.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

That must be the slowest back row we have ever selected.....on a hard pitch as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:14 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:47 pm Just to remind some Tigers have at least five back three players unavailable through injury or international call up, as cover they have signed two experienced wingers on a three month injury dispensation. Do posters suppose that there is a ready supply of quality players sitting around unattached yet at Premiership fitness just waiting for a call? The guys we signed were available and may be able to help us but I think some of our fans are asking for the impossible in expecting us to sign current international quality wingers at this time of the season.
That's a far too sensible, reasoned and accurate post to appear on here, John. Moderators please remove this immediately :smt003

100% in agreement with you.
:smt023 I've also put in a complaint!
Ditto! How dare you be so sensible and rational! Call yourself a Tigers fan, go and take some pessimism pills and re-think your perspective John! :smt023
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Interesting that there's no Joe Ford anywhere near the squad (rightly IMHO) - do we think he'll be released at the end of the season or retained?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ridiculous backrow!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 pm Ridiculous backrow!!!
Yeah why no Will Evans? Injured or leaving?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I just find it amazing that people with no inside knowledge make comments like ridiculous back row.

Could be injury related could be tactical
How about asking I wonder why that back row has been picked.

I suppose that would be too positive for some so called fans
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Disappointed not to see Hardwick start; ditto Guy Thompson at 7 - either he's fit or he's not. Toomua said last week that it's these games he's paid the big bucks for. He needs to step up - and he needs to be brutal with his 2 centres who both need a significantly better and braver performance. Good to see Simmons.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 pm Disappointed not to see Hardwick start; ditto Guy Thompson at 7 - either he's fit or he's not. Toomua said last week that it's these games he's paid the big bucks for. He needs to step up - and he needs to be brutal with his 2 centres who both need a significantly better and braver performance. Good to see Simmons.
There is a huge difference between being fit and match fit (ability to go at your peak for 80+ minutes) Thompson has been out for quite a while, give him a chance, Heyes, Thompson and Spencer are very decent players to come off the bench to try and make an impact
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MikeR wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 pm Amazed that Hardwick is still on the bench - how badly do our 10,11,12 need to do before they make way.
11 did make way.

Harrison replaced by Simmons, has he gotten injured again? good to see Simmons back though
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:23 pm This could be a close game as long as we don't capitulate in the 2nd half.
Or go to sleep in the first 10 minutes like we did against them at Welford Road.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:14 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm

That's a far too sensible, reasoned and accurate post to appear on here, John. Moderators please remove this immediately :smt003

100% in agreement with you.
:smt023 I've also put in a complaint!
Ditto! How dare you be so sensible and rational! Call yourself a Tigers fan, go and take some pessimism pills and re-think your perspective John! :smt023
Agree, I always thought that chap sitting at his supporters table post match in The Final Whistle looked far too smiley and agreeable to be a true Tiger!! :smt023
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 pm Ridiculous backrow!!!
Yeah why no Will Evans? Injured or leaving?
I wonder if it is deliberate tactics from GM. Worcester tend to be pretty physical up front and he may be playing a bigger, (maybe) more physical back row to match (defensively) and tire out the Worcester pack early in the game; then bring on the quicker back row and speed the game up a bit later in the match.

Maybe .....?
As Good As It Gets
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Am I alone in thinking Sam Harrison would make a good option at 12, we know he's played 10 effectively when needed, has pace and can obviously distribute well
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I wonder if we have been training on an artificial pitch this week? :smt048