Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Worcester vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

We have got to scrap for everything in my opinion... we need Denton back NOW!

1 Bateman
2 Youngs
3 Heyes
4 Spencer
5 Wells (Kitchener looks like he doesn’t want play anymore)
6 Williams
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 Toomua
11 Olowofela
12 Eastmond
13 Worth
14 Varndell
15 Aspland-Robinson
16 Kerr
17 Gigena
18 Fe’ao
19 Fitzgerald
20 Evans
21 Simmons
22 Hardwick
23 Sarto
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by Scott1 »

Cole will be released
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Bring back Smith.
Boot Varndell------------super useless/ gutless
Thought he might want to impress Syston or Loughborough, but seemingly not. .
As for the forwards, heaven help us , reckon 10th will be our spot.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:45 pm We have got to scrap for everything in my opinion... we need Denton back NOW!

1 Bateman
2 Youngs
3 Heyes
4 Spencer
5 Wells (Kitchener looks like he doesn’t want play anymore)
6 Williams
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 Toomua
11 Olowofela
12 Eastmond
13 Worth
14 Varndell
15 Aspland-Robinson
16 Kerr
17 Gigena
18 Fe’ao
19 Fitzgerald
20 Evans
21 Simmons
22 Hardwick
23 Sarto
You have the forwards about right but for me the backs should be:
Harrison
Hardwick
Sarto
Toomua
Eastmond
Holmes or Aspland-Robinson
Worth
Hehehehehehehehe
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I'd start Evans. Whether it's in place of Williams or BOC. Neither did anything of note Vs Sarries. BOC failing to reduce the gap to Cole in the kick chase gave Sarries their first try. Evans has been very good this season.

I'd be tempted to experiment with the midfield and go Toomua/Hardwick/Eastmond. The Toomua and Eastmond combination just didn't work and Owen was pretty much useless at 13. Hardwick would also give us a different kicking option off the tee and he's big enough to straighten the line if Toomua is under pressure. Eastmond is quick and can link with the wingers if we get on the outside. Sarto onto the wing as well, he's a powerful runner and will help with our options in attack.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As I’ve said before I don’t think Eastmond is a 13, starting Evans is a good shout.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BG01

Post by BG01 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 pm I'd start Evans. Whether it's in place of Williams or BOC. Neither did anything of note Vs Sarries. BOC failing to reduce the gap to Cole in the kick chase gave Sarries their first try. Evans has been very good this season.

I'd be tempted to experiment with the midfield and go Toomua/Hardwick/Eastmond. The Toomua and Eastmond combination just didn't work and Owen was pretty much useless at 13. Hardwick would also give us a different kicking option off the tee and he's big enough to straighten the line if Toomua is under pressure. Eastmond is quick and can link with the wingers if we get on the outside. Sarto onto the wing as well, he's a powerful runner and will help with our options in attack.
There's a bit of a danger of throwing out the baby with the bathwater here. BOC I thought was one of our standout players and no way he should be dropped. Likewise Kitchener was a bit ineffective but our lineout was great and he did well there.

I'd go for (assuming we don't get anyone back from internationals):

1 Bateman
2 Youngs
3 Heyes
4 Wells
5 Kitchener
6 Fitzgerald
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 Toomua
11 Sarto
12 Eastmond
13 SAR
14 Varndell
15 Worth
16 Whoever - Stevens/McMillan/Kerr if we get him
17 Gigena
18 Fe’ao
19 Spencer if fit/Williams
20 Evans
21 Simmons
22 Hardwick
23 Olowofela
Never believe generalisations
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:58 pm As I’ve said before I don’t think Eastmond is a 13, starting Evans is a good shout.
We're struggling for a 13. Owen seems to have had one too many injuries and we need someone to do a job.
BG01 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:43 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 pm I'd start Evans. Whether it's in place of Williams or BOC. Neither did anything of note Vs Sarries. BOC failing to reduce the gap to Cole in the kick chase gave Sarries their first try. Evans has been very good this season.

There's a bit of a danger of throwing out the baby with the bathwater here. BOC I thought was one of our standout players and no way he should be dropped. Likewise Kitchener was a bit ineffective but our lineout was great and he did well there.
BOC was largely anonymous in a game where I hoped he'd have thrived. The opposition carried the ball into our forwards a lot for small gains. Should have been there for him to attack the breakdown and generally be a menace. Just didn't happen. Evans played well in the games before the break, BOC didn't impress to he moves to 6 or the bench for me. If he wants the shirt back he needs to pull up some trees. Ditto Evans he needs to know he needs to perform when back in the starting line up in order to stay there.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Finn Russell injured for this weeks six nations game.
Could mean Weir gets called up.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Now that Tom Hardwick has signed a contract to stay he surely has to start. He has shown in all the games he has had decent time on the pitch that he can make breaks, tackle and kick from hand.
No matter what team we play we have to do a lot less box kicking and please can all the players no say how well they are going to perform to the press: we have heard it all season to no avail.
Now is the time to man up because losing to Worcester will see us in a scrap with Newcastle to avoid the dreaded relegation.
Where are our fans sitting at Worcester. We need to make some serious noise.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Is he RB? I watched the game and just thought he was taken off as precaution for a head knock.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 pm Is he RB? I watched the game and just thought he was taken off as precaution for a head knock.
https://twitter.com/theoffsideline/stat ... 7162193920
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks RB!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Weir called up
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That's a help! Although I thought they would go Hastings and Horne before him.