Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by JP14 »

Semi Radrada would be a hell of a replacement, and young-ish too!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

A pretty unrealistic replacement as well.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm hearing a lot of people say he needs to put his family first so should take the offer of so much money.

Am I the only one sensible enough to realise that putting your family first, doesn't necessarily mean getting as much money as you possibly can for them?

Putting your family first means doing what's best to make your family happy which ranges from many things before money.

Why do people think money is the root to all happiness?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:21 am I'm hearing a lot of people say he needs to put his family first so should take the offer of so much money.

Am I the only one sensible enough to realise that putting your family first, doesn't necessarily mean getting as much money as you possibly can for them?

Putting your family first means doing what's best to make your family happy which ranges from many things before money.

Why do people think money is the root to all happiness?
Putting his family first is the main reason I think he's still in negotiations and not announced by a French club. Possibly why he's looking at Paris (direct train from Leicestershire to St Pancras then Euro Tunnel direct to Paris).
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I just hope that should he leave, we have a couple of quality replacements pencilled in.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 am A pretty unrealistic replacement as well.
In what way?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

In that Bordeaux spent a lot of money to get him to sign a 2 year deal with them.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Who would be a fitting replacement for Manu in terms of playing style and not just realism because one can imagine we could sign a proper replacement because as we might find out money is a huge factor in rugby so many players, especially southern hemisphere, often move to club who are not amazing domestically but offer the right amount of cash.
Or
who would we sign as a group of players to give us better depth?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

To my knowledge there are only 2 centers in world rugby who can replicate what Manu can do and that's Laumape and Janse Van Rensburg and they are both signed up elsewhere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Group of players and squad depth for me! Going top heavy kills your squad depth,if we sign Taute as well as Reid that is exactly the road we should go down. International quality of player but who are available all year round,to slightly contradict myself though I would definitely go for a top class monster lock.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

I think Ollie Lawrence in a few years time after his current two year contract (signed december 2018) would be a really good replacement for manu is we could hold onto him until then for maybe the lions tour, he's young quick powerful and could be huge into years.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:01 pm Group of players and squad depth for me! Going top heavy kills your squad depth,if we sign Taute as well as Reid that is exactly the road we should go down. International quality of player but who are available all year round,to slightly contradict myself though I would definitely go for a top class monster lock.
If we lost Manu as well as Toomua that would leave Eastmond as the "senior" center in terms of international experience (and we don't even know he will be here next season), with that in mind i'd say we need to sign at least one top level center in addition to Taute and Reid
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If Manu goes yes another centre
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Toulon was willing to let go of Tuisova for 1 million.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:22 pm Toulon was willing to let go of Tuisova for 1 million.
Lets do it, he may not be a conventional centre but with training he can replicate or even improve Manu destructive style of play. This is if that about the money Manu is on?