Sarries next week

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AllerMieux

Re: Sarries next week

Post by AllerMieux »

Seems like a lot of our fans went to schools where everyone won a trophy!

Pathetic excuse for humans with absolutely no backbone or grit whatsoever.

The majority of the Tiger's team have no interest for the club in the slightest. Jogging around the pitch and laughing and giggling at the end of matches as if it were some training session (it was for Saracens anyway).

You should all be disgusted with yourselves, the club is at it's lowest point in history and I'm still seeing positive comments? They're proffesional rugby players for Christ sake! They shouldn't need coddling, they should need to get a grip and play with some fight or get off the pitch.

Let's see how long it takes for the message to sink in, maybe a slice of relegation will give you all sense.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:56 pm Matched them in stats and up on points for the best part of 60 minutes.

Their bench, which we all knew was far stronger than ours, was the difference. The final score flattered them. Disappointing as I thought we had a chance at half time but not totally unexpected. Any points from this game were always a bonus.

The manic depressives of the forum should really go see their GPs.
If you're happy with 9th place in the Prem, last place in our European group, questionable coaching and a 30% win ratio this season then good for you.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:39 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:56 pm Matched them in stats and up on points for the best part of 60 minutes.

Their bench, which we all knew was far stronger than ours, was the difference. The final score flattered them. Disappointing as I thought we had a chance at half time but not totally unexpected. Any points from this game were always a bonus.

If you're happy with 9th place in the Prem, last place in our European group, questionable coaching and a 30% win ratio this season then good for you.
It's not about being happy, it's about being realistic with expectation. To keep wailing every time we lose is pathetic. Did anyone expect us to win this one? Away, to arguably the strongest team in the premiership for a number of years, with our internationals away, a lack of depth, a head coach parachuted in after the start of the season and a bunch of young guys that are only recently getting game time?

It's one thing to be disappointed with that situation in the first place, but to give nobody a cat in hells chance of fixing it and then denouncing the performance in every game is just silly, it really is.

So yes, I'm disappointed with the situation, and that game, particularly as we were marginally up at half time, but that already exceeded my expectation.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

everyone is going on about the "kick chase!!!" but I cannot remember an eg today where we were anywhere near in the non existent chase. I know it was Tom V's 1st ame but he was no-where to be seen today and forgive me if my memory has failed me but isn't he supposed to be fast?????? I am sorry but he was a waste of space today. My back line next week would be :-
Harrison
Hardwick
Sarto
Toomua
Eastmond
Holmes/Aspland-Robinson
Worth
Hehehehehehehehe
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:05 pm Murphy managed to get Taufua to come over Bordeux.
He clearly has a vision that is selling the club.

Now does he need a better DOR maybe.
But people need to give him at least a full season in charge before judging him fully.
We have the ability as shown before like beating Gloucester by 20 points.

Defense showed up on the whole, Saracens had 90% possession during the game and didn't look like scoring till a bad kick left us with a dog leg.
Blake clearly worked on the tackle technique.

Things take time to build.

Why people still have a thing for the Hotel I do not know.
Individual errors cost us. The tactics were working ok. Holmes twice making poor positional errors then not chasing back and clearing the ball leading to turnovers and 10 Sarries points is not what you'd expect from an international back three player. Toomua missing two easy shots at goal and then throwing a terrible interception pass in his own 22. BOC coming up in defence and then standing and watching a player run through the massive gap between him and Cole without bothering to step in and help Dan.

It's not team tactics it's brain farts or players not being good enough. The summer clear out can't come soon enough.

George Worth had a fantastic game today. He looked rock solid under the high ball and created our try from nothing.
DevonTiger

Post by DevonTiger »

I feel that there needs to be a sense of realism with some supporters/posters on here. The team that GM has had to work with all season bar one game isn’t the one he’s built. There will be a good portion of the players on show at Sarries today who won’t be here next season. We have had it said for too many seasons in a row now with the coach/player turnover that they are development seasons.
Austin said it live on air for all to hear, the squad isn’t strong enough. That’s not Geordan’s fault it’s what he’s got to work with. For all those saying Toomua should play 10, well he did today and he was pretty poor. Those who knock BY for his slow play, White wasn’t any quicker. Is this coaching or is it players not keeping up with the phases and being where they should be?
Today’s performance wasn’t all that bad, it is evident that having a Defence Coach is certainly working. We gifted Sarries 2 easy tries at the end to give them a BP win whilst trying to get a LBP, those 2 missed kicks certainly became costly.
Hopefully with playing on another plastic pitch next week the bounce of the ball will go our way and players actually collect the ball and not let it bounce.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:39 pm

It's not about being happy, it's about being realistic with expectation. To keep wailing every time we lose is pathetic. Did anyone expect us to win this one? Away, to arguably the strongest team in the premiership for a number of years, with our internationals away, a lack of depth, a head coach parachuted in after the start of the season and a bunch of young guys that are only recently getting game time?

It's one thing to be disappointed with that situation in the first place, but to give nobody a cat in hells chance of fixing it and then denouncing the performance in every game is just silly, it really is.

So yes, I'm disappointed with the situation, and that game, particularly as we were marginally up at half time, but that already exceeded my expectation.
I take your point but don't you think it's a sad state of affairs that everyone's expectations are so low in the first place? Isn't that pretty symptomatic of a club that is heading in the wrong direction? We very rarely expect to win these days.

You're right, very few of us expected anything at all from this game and I don't think there are too many 'wailing' that we didn't win this one. People are unhappy because they look at Saracens and, despite their obvious chicanery with the cap, they see a club with a clear ethos, a strong structure, excellent recruitment, a talented coaching team and a sense of direction....everything we used to have.

I think even the most optimistic of fans would struggle to see the last 2-3 years as anything other than a bit of a disaster. People keep saying things are improving but I just don't see it. I just see a club that is stumbling around in the dark - that's what I'm unhappy about.

I guess you either take the attitude of 'We're here, let's make the most of it' or 'How on Earth did we get here?' I guess I'm very much in the second camp.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Like I've said before we are 10 years away from catching up with the top clubs
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I expect the Tigers to win every game. Highly unlikely but expected nonetheless. Today shows that there is a distinct lack of depth in every facet of the Tigers game. Despite having a few guys away, they should not be relied on to be an excuse for another loss. I was at a loss when TV was signed back on but that is what seems to be the norm? Sarries have invested in youth, structure and experienced coaching. I do not believe the 'cap' as some put it has made the slightest difference? If there has been any massaging of the cap by Sarries then I am sure the powers that be would have done something about it by now? If the cap can be massaged then why are the Tigers BoD not doing the same and getting the same effect? Simple reason IMO is that the Sarries are rugby savvy in the way they play the game as a club and I mean as a club. As someone else posted, maybe a bit of relegation fear may just be enough to focus the minds? Maybe relegation is needed to clean house and start over?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

An extremely disappointing result. After a good first half, we capitulated in the manner which we are so used to this season. Posters are saying we had our internationals missing, but so too did Saracens. They have built a team far deeper in depth than ourselves., and it showed clearly today. For me it was the fact that we made constant errors, and showed nothing in the way of grit or effort in the second half. That was embarrassing, and I didn't stop for my usual pint after the game ended.

We are ninth in the table, and probably lucky to be that high.

However, I don't blame poor G.M. for our displays, but we are going to require a good few big names coming in for next season, if we are going to get in the top four.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Oh and can anyone explain the point of bringing TV back, he's Mr AWOL most of the match, replay that first Saffas try and playuer watch him, diabolical. The only thing that's changed since he was last here is he's lost some pace.

As for White how did we manage to find a scrum half even slower at the ruck than Ben Youngs?

And we let Harrision go to Barf I heard, what an absolute disaster area Tigers is now.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Harrison to Bath? What???!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:40 pm Harrison to Bath? What???!!
I seriously hope not.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Well if they are letting Harrison go for White then I'd be very concerned.
I thought that was poor game of rugby today, possibly the slowest match that I've witnessed this season and a poor game to lose in such a manner.
Sarries were disjointed and there for the taking in my opinion.
Unfortunately Leicester were more disjointed.
Two very poor tries conceded late on.
Young Gallagher impressed me for Sarries, he looks a strong all round player with a touch of class.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Maybe I mis-heard it about Harrison but at some point they mentioned someone playing for Barf next season? It could have been a different player and I have my wires crossed?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.