Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Either way it needs a resolution asap.
I hope he stays, but I fully understand why he might go, I genuinely can't see him at another English club.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I hope someone has offered him a benefit year next year if he signs a 3 year contract which I believe is outside the cap and should net him a reasonably large wonga.
Hehehehehehehehe
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:19 pm I hope someone has offered him a benefit year next year if he signs a 3 year contract which I believe is outside the cap and should net him a reasonably large wonga.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:02 pm
trendylfj wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:19 pm I hope someone has offered him a benefit year next year if he signs a 3 year contract which I believe is outside the cap and should net him a reasonably large wonga.
:smt023
I seem to recall that this was mooted a few months ago as part of a package to keep him here. Don't ask me where I saw it as it is some time ago but I'm 99% certain I did see it suggested.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:14 pm
Phil60 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm When he was younger, wasn't the government going to throw him out of the country. I remember signing a big petition, that showed then what people thought of him.
There is no doubt he is very highly thought by the Leicester faithful but that doesn’t pay the bills.
He is a very intelligent rugby player and other players love playing with him, see Slade comments last week.
HOWEVER and with the greatest respect he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer away from rugby, therefore his options after rugby will be limited. You can’t see him going into journalism or punditary
A few hundred grand a year doesn't pay the bills?

Yes. It really does.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm
Phil60 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm When he was younger, wasn't the government going to throw him out of the country. I remember signing a big petition, that showed then what people thought of him.
There is no doubt he is very highly thought by the Leicester faithful but that doesn’t pay the bills.
He is a very intelligent rugby player and other players love playing with him, see Slade comments last week.
HOWEVER and with the greatest respect he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer away from rugby, therefore his options after rugby will be limited. You can’t see him going into journalism or punditary

Yes. It really does.
At the moment it does but that isn’t going to last forever. My point is he needs to make his money now as not sure what he’s going to do after
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Yes. It really does.
At the moment it does but that isn’t going to last forever. My point is he needs to make his money now as not sure what he’s going to do after
He could get a job?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'm fairly sure Manu will be gone when his contract is up.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

G.K wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm I'm fairly sure Manu will be gone when his contract is up.
That's that answered then.
DevonTiger

Post by DevonTiger »

For me I think this isn’t the right time for him to move on. Just battled back to fitness, showing some great form for both Tigers and now England. He’s 27 years old, sign him up for another 2 years, he can then concentrate on the WC, tour with the Lions in 21 and should he so wish move on to France, he’d still be the right side of 30. Playing at 12 might just allow him a couple of extra years of playing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Exactly! And French teams will still pay him massive doe even when older,they have form for it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Whether he stays or goes is up to him, but I get more and more dissolutioned with the game as time goes by. The introduction of big money has ruined the game. Yes, the standard of play has improved, but everything else has gone south.

Morality and rugby values are often missing, loyality to a particular club has gone, and that cuts both ways, players to their club, and club to their players. Too many Bruce and Nigel types buying clubs and then doing their best to cheat the financial rules so as to gain an advantage. Meanwhile others not far down the road are living way beyond their means with massive debts they will never be able to pay back, in an attempt to keep up.

Those that piled in the money are now trying to alter the rules to remove the possibility of relegation to protect their financial investment, despite the damage this will cause to the game itself. I fear we are gradually slipping into the same cesspit that the football now languishes in.

Sad, sad times!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

G.K wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm I'm fairly sure Manu will be gone when his contract is up.
+1. Play the rest of the season out + RWC etc then move on
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

How would we replace Manu? The sad truth is, we couldn't. :smt022
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:29 pm How would we replace Manu? The sad truth is, we couldn't. :smt022
One player does not make a team successful. As of today there are 8 teams above us in the Premiership who do not have Manu. We will be OK without him....even though I too would like him to stay.
As Good As It Gets