Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:11 pm So you give a chance to a crocked player but he doesn't owe you anything??? Don't get your train if thought at all
More fool Tigers giving him the contract.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Oh I see. But doesn't he owe us then considering we could have cast him aside instead of paying a kings ransom to a sicknote?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm Oh I see. But doesn't he owe us then considering we could have cast him aside instead of paying a kings ransom to a sicknote?
Tigers knew that he was injured and decided that the risk outweighed a decision to let him go. Injuries happen and it is just unfortunate that some take longer to heal than others. Manu has now started to get a run of games together and would love him to stay but he needs to decide what is best for him.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Very balanced post,thanks!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers can't really talk about loyatly.

Considering they have cut 6 contracts early recently. (Of which they had to also pay out a fair amount of contracts)
McCaffrey
Slater
Burns
Betham
Cilliers
Pieterson
On top of firing 4 coaches.

As a club the top sets the culture and it should trickle down.
Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm Oh I see. But doesn't he owe us then considering we could have cast him aside instead of paying a kings ransom to a sicknote?
You know that we would have had to pay out his contract to release him and that would've been taken out of the cap.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I moved employer a few times during my career. I had a 'search consultant' who discreetly promoted me to companies when and where he thought it appropriate - a bit like an agent. Those I worked for all recognised my family came first - their needs transcended all other considerations. When I chose to move, they invariably thanked me for everything I'd done whilst in their employ. Disloyalty was never even hinted at when I chose to move.

This is Manu's career. This is how he supports his family.

Those who believe he owes us loyalty because we looked after him during his periods of injury should remember that he was injured on our watch - he was injured 'running into brick walls' on our behalf and under the direction of our Coaches. Every time he ran onto the field, he knew he could be one injury away from the end of the most lucrative part of his career. I don't know what other skills Manu has but I'd be surprised if any would maintain his current earnings or even come close. I had to make a few important decisions during my career but I'm not sure any could have ended my career.

Manu is the Managing Director of a company of one. He decides who he sells his services to - who, when, where and for how much.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Phil60

Post by Phil60 »

When he was younger, wasn't the government going to throw him out of the country. I remember signing a big petition, that showed then what people thought of him.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Phil60 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm When he was younger, wasn't the government going to throw him out of the country. I remember signing a big petition, that showed then what people thought of him.
There is no doubt he is very highly thought by the Leicester faithful but that doesn’t pay the bills.
He is a very intelligent rugby player and other players love playing with him, see Slade comments last week.
HOWEVER and with the greatest respect he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer away from rugby, therefore his options after rugby will be limited. You can’t see him going into journalism or punditary
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

If you had a young partner who liked "retail therapy" and had plenty of money to spend, then Paris would be the obvious first choice for anyone! Leicester could not possibly compare to that city!
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

LE18 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 pm If you had a young partner who liked "retail therapy" and had plenty of money to spend, then Paris would be the obvious first choice for anyone! Leicester could not possibly compare to that city!
We've got Bistro Pierre and Delice De France.

The Pompidou doesn't compare to the Haymarket.

He's bound to stay.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Being more than a little old fashioned This "run away to the highest bidder" disappoints me. It is not unexpected however.
What price loyalty? Just another old fashioned value killed in a modern game.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm Being more than a little old fashioned This "run away to the highest bidder" disappoints me. It is not unexpected however.
What price loyalty? Just another old fashioned value killed in a modern game.
Was always going to happen Dai once the game turned professional and is affecting the game at all levels.
I was at a National league game over the weekend where one of the sides is in danger of being relegated. What will the decent players do if that happens, switch clubs to someone who can afford their weekly cost
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

One factor to consider is whether someone has an ear for language.

If you learn french you may love it

They do a great show, but I’m not a big fan of their colours and an artificial pitch.

Id head to the south of France for the climate

Whilst some say he owes us nothing we want him to stay, the people of Leicester have invested in him - let’s sing and shout and tear at his heart strings
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Knightonian wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm One factor to consider is whether someone has an ear for language.

If you learn french you may love it

They do a great show, but I’m not a big fan of their colours and an artificial pitch.

Id head to the south of France for the climate

Whilst some say he owes us nothing we want him to stay, the people of Leicester have invested in him - let’s sing and shout and tear at his heart strings
Bless him he struggles with English 😂😂
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

It can't all be dog eat dog, I deal with lots of people in a business capacity where the relationship prevents me from jumping ship based purely on the financials. A deal in France could be too lucrative to turn down though, I get that.

I hope he stays. I think Tigers have shown loyalty and commitment towards him and he should do the same in return, not at any cost though.