Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by BFG »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 am Agree totally that it wasn’t a yellow card, but wasn’t there a directive bought in a few seasons ago about pulling other players head guards.
That was what kicked it all off between Haskell and Marler a couple of seasons back and going back even further Ayerza and Marler
I thought that also, the hit on the head deserved a penalty, but another ref would have shown the yellow card for the head guard pull as per directive, thanks Nigel !!!
There have been directives for everything, how about the things that actually matter!
Pulling a scrum cap is like pulling hair, it's pathetic stuff that is not worth the fuss other than Owens appropriately putting it down on the spot in my opinion.
Big hard prop pulls hair protector, numpty! :smt005
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BFG wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 am Agree totally that it wasn’t a yellow card, but wasn’t there a directive bought in a few seasons ago about pulling other players head guards.
That was what kicked it all off between Haskell and Marler a couple of seasons back and going back even further Ayerza and Marler
I thought that also, the hit on the head deserved a penalty, but another ref would have shown the yellow card for the head guard pull as per directive, thanks Nigel !!!
There have been directives for everything, how about the things that actually matter!
Pulling a scrum cap is like pulling hair, it's pathetic stuff that is not worth the fuss other than Owens appropriately putting it down on the spot in my opinion.
You've got it right there. If a yellow had been awarded it would have been for the offence of being a numpty and deservedly so.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Mako ruled out for rest of 6 nations due to ankle ligaments.
Who starts against Wales Moon or Genge
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm Mako ruled out for rest of 6 nations due to ankle ligaments.
Who starts against Wales Moon or Genge
He really hobbled off at the end of the match on Sunday he didn't look good

step up Mr Moon and Genge
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That's Genge not being released this week then! Get well soon Mako!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:10 pm What do people reckon the changes will be for the Welsh game?

Nowell to return to the starting XV with Itoje, Shields and Cokanasiga to come onto the bench. Shields for me offers much more than Hughes who has been a bit lacklustre.

Also wouldn’t mind seeing Ben Curry maybe in the 7 shirt for Italy, he has been good for Sale and the U20s.
Shields? No thanks! Mercer’s your man for the bench!
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m not sure Genge will start to be honest, definitely on the bench but I have a feeling Jones will favour Moon for the starting jersey.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Massive blow, probably our most important forward alongside his brother. If I were Jones I would start with Moon, good scrummager and defender and let Genge smash it up for the last 30.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:52 pm Massive blow, probably our most important forward alongside his brother. If I were Jones I would start with Moon, good scrummager and defender and let Genge smash it up for the last 30.
Totally agree :smt023
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agreed Moon to start Ellis off the bench
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only Cole released out of our players
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:13 am Only Cole released out of our players
Good for us, poor for England IMO. Wales will target Sinckler now with immediate niggle. Expect lots of flamboyant responses to tackles as well.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am
Good for us, poor for England IMO. Wales will target Sinckler now with immediate niggle. Expect lots of flamboyant responses to tackles as well.
and Rob Evans is the master of niggle
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

BFG wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
Sinckler was a lucky boy, a number of refs might well have considered that a blow to the head rather than pulling a scrum cap.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am
Sinckler will have been lectured by EJ about his show of petulance last week. He will not rise to the bait v Wales, but he will be confrontational, dynamic and an asset in Cardiff IMO. It will be a proper challenge for the temperament of the England players, they need to play with passion and confrontation, whist remaining calm and making clear and accurate decisions. That is what defines great players from good players.
Dai Young says in todays Mail that the Welsh players will remain heroes if they beat England and lose the rest of their games......therein lies the problem for Wales. Far too much energy is spent in just beating England and sod the rest. They will never be a great team whist that attitude persists. Very similar to the Saints obsession with beating Tigers, I know Saints fans that were not unhappy the year they got relegated, just because they beat Tigers at WRd. Saddos.
Soggypitch