WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am
RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:42 am
jgriffin wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 am
Given he is one of a very few who features on nobody's social media ( unlike Fred, Ed, Niki, Logo etc) perhaps the gossip about not getting on with the rest is true?
I never fully convinced cockerill actually liked him that much as a player.
I rember one of Gibson neighbours telling me that he and Cockers didn’t get on at all. 2 people very much cut from different clothes and Gibson didn’t get on at all with Cockerill mam management style
I vaguely recall a comment where Cockers appeared to ridicule Gibson wanting to continue his studies of 'The Classics' and/or classical literature. No idea if it was before during or after any 'break down' or player's plans to leave, whether it was cause or effect, but it probably didn't sit right with the player.

I could be wrong and recalling something about another player/situation.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 am
TTRITH wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:58 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 am I think Sam Lewis has the potential to become the next Jamie Gibson, before he decided to bog off to Saints.
That one still irks.
Given he is one of a very few who features on nobody's social media ( unlike Fred, Ed, Niki, Logo etc) perhaps the gossip about not getting on with the rest is true?
Furthermore Dom Barrow also went to the greener grass @ The Gardens only to find his skill set was below their team and only played in the Development games where there is less fighting!! :smt002
However I see Saints have borrowed £1.5 million of the bankrupt Northampton Council for "Development?" According to the BBC. :smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I can never understand why anyone would want to join Northampton. :smt018 :smt001
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yet Tait who by all accounts is a loner and the most boring man in rugby (affectionately joking) got on with him?! Mmmm
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Too much hassle.
Prob misjudged the demographic a bit. My bad.
Last edited by RagingBull on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:26 pm Honestly? What a weirdo :smt005
No, not really.

Tait always been a nice guy whenever I have met him.
Just saw a moment to use that text (or copy and paste as they say on the Web). :smt002
Last edited by RagingBull on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You got me,good job!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Don't like the personality slagging of a player on a supporters forum. It's really cheap. I thought Tigers supporters were better. The player has no right of reply. It's an act of cowardice. Challenge what a player does on the field, whether they are effective in role. But not negative stories about a players alleged behaviour in a supermarket. What next? A report on Martin Johnson not washing his hands after going to the toilet? An expose on Manu pushing to the front of a queue in a pub?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Traveller wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:58 pm Don't like the personality slagging of a player on a supporters forum. It's really cheap. I thought Tigers supporters were better. The player has no right of reply. It's an act of cowardice. Challenge what a player does on the field, whether they are effective in role. But not negative stories about a players alleged behaviour in a supermarket. What next? A report on Martin Johnson not washing his hands after going to the toilet? An expose on Manu pushing to the front of a queue in a pub?
It's a (in some circles) well known meme. You copy and paste it with whatever celebrity name you fancy.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Not really funny at all
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

As a heads up meme's don't have to be funny.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I'm getting a sinking feeling that I missed an increasingly rare regaling of 'fifteen milkyways and electrical interference'...
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Ed Milne has a growing reputation in the Championship, currently with Richmond. He's been playing at 8 for them as well, whereas he moved between second row and blindside with London Scottish and Coventry. He left to start the medical degree in 2015 which would give him one year left.

If he's interested in full time rugby before moving onto his foundation years as a junior doctor then Tigers could do a lot worse than to bring him back into the fold through the a-league.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ABClub wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:16 pm Ed Milne has a growing reputation in the Championship, currently with Richmond. He's been playing at 8 for them as well, whereas he moved between second row and blindside with London Scottish and Coventry. He left to start the medical degree in 2015 which would give him one year left.

If he's interested in full time rugby before moving onto his foundation years as a junior doctor then Tigers could do a lot worse than to bring him back into the fold through the a-league.
Always liked him.

Think it might be a bit late now potentially.
ABClub wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:02 pm I'm getting a sinking feeling that I missed an increasingly rare regaling of 'fifteen milkyways and electrical interference'...
Maybe.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:56 pm
ABClub wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:16 pm Ed Milne has a growing reputation in the Championship, currently with Richmond. He's been playing at 8 for them as well, whereas he moved between second row and blindside with London Scottish and Coventry. He left to start the medical degree in 2015 which would give him one year left.

Always liked him.

Think it might be a bit late now potentially.
ABClub wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:02 pm I'm getting a sinking feeling that I missed an increasingly rare regaling of 'fifteen milkyways and electrical interference'...
Maybe.
Re Milne - He's 23, will be 24 when his degree finishes so he's got some time. Studying a full time medical degree and being a key player for a championship side isn't an easy task either so rugby must still be a big target for him.

With flexible forwards who cover back row and lock moving on I still think he'd be a good fit. A good line out option as well.

Re electrical interference - last time I saw that was in a work email that led to quite a ruckus!