LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Scott1 »

Veainu to Wasps gathering place,I'd be livid!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm Some weird rumours doing the rounds that Murphy is very interested in bringing back Slater and Hamish Watson to Welford Road.

Apparently Watson doesn’t get on well with Cockerill. Is out of contract and has yet signed a renewal. Would be good business if Evans and BOC both leave.

Slater at the end of his two year contract with Gloucester too.
Yes please to Ed Slater. i'm glad we got Johnny May but I was very disappointed that losing Ed was the price we had to pay. I would not be unhappy with Spencer, Wells, Slater and Green plus an abrasive Southern Hemisphere player as a set of locks with our up and coming academy/development graduates ready to fill in when necessary.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 pm Veainu to Wasps gathering place,I'd be livid!!!
Veainu isn't going.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 pm Veainu to Wasps gathering place,I'd be livid!!!
Veainu isn't going.
Glad to hear you say that RB!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Veainu admitted he was only fishing for reactions pretty much.
https://twitter.com/tveainu/with_replies
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm Some weird rumours doing the rounds that Murphy is very interested in bringing back Slater and Hamish Watson to Welford Road.

Apparently Watson doesn’t get on well with Cockerill. Is out of contract and has yet signed a renewal. Would be good business if Evans and BOC both leave.

Well as Slater was allegedly "let go" because his knee(s) were shot, he must be Lazarus or that was bunkum!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

sapajo wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Well as Slater was allegedly "let go" because his knee(s) were shot, he must be Lazarus or that was bunkum!
Would be shocked if the rumour has any legs to be honest. But I guess you never know!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Very happy with Taufua :smt045 having watched a lot of Super rugby he is a very physical 6/7 and a very classy operator...great work Tigers

Wish we could actually get ourselves a proper number 8 too though :smt023
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

:censored: hell - just seen his video clip - on that evidence, he could be one of the most potent signings ever!!
What about that Colin (LE18)?
CPW
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

Jordan Taufua is an excellent signing. I know I'm not the only one starting to get the impression that GM and co have a very clear idea of what they want in the squad both, in terms of players' ability and attitude.
The return of Hamish Watson? Doesn't sound likely, but he would also fit the mould. Another physical player with an understanding of what this club expects of players.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am
ellis9 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 am
trendylfj wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am :smt023 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 Very pleased with this signing - very good at 7 or 8 and runs hard. Not bad at scoring either,
In the clips I've seen, he mainly plays 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XTW8_sbk98 - seems to play right across the back row from this clip but perhaps not as often at 8 as 6 or 7
Thanks for sharing my video 😂😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Oh it feels good when the club listen to you and enact!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

cpwhelan wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm :censored: hell - just seen his video clip - on that evidence, he could be one of the most potent signings ever!!
CPW
WOW Chris how about that,? I've just watched the U tube too, but clips can be a bit too good, I remember when we signed BOC, his clips were brilliant, not that he is just very good, but everyone was saying we had just signed the next England No7, but I don't want to be negative, he looks very robust and sincerely hope he can play like that for us! Brill :smt041 :smt041
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 pm
cpwhelan wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm :censored: hell - just seen his video clip - on that evidence, he could be one of the most potent signings ever!!
CPW
WOW Chris how about that,? I've just watched the U tube too, but clips can be a bit too good, I remember when we signed BOC, his clips were brilliant, not that he is just very good, but everyone was saying we had just signed the next England No7, but I don't want to be negative, he looks very robust and sincerely hope he can play like that for us! Brill :smt041 :smt041
From someone who watches a lot of super rugby the guy is an absolute wrecking ball both in attack and defence. A lot depends on fitness and hopefully he will be over after the super competition ends and not play in the domestic New Zealand competition as BOC did
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Kick off next Friday Mark,I cant wait! I'm on afternoons next week so will watch both games live before I go to work.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer