LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Brutus »

I sincerely hope that Manu stays at Tigers for as long as he is in England, ie until at least 2023. I genuinely think his best seasons will be the next four years as he is wiser and spends a lot of effort on conditioning. I really do hope Tigers do everything they can to keep him and don’t subscribe to the notion that “he owes us”. His body let him down because he was encouraged to get big and play in a manner which has an attritional effect on the human body - part of the responsibility for his multiple injuries therefore lies with the Tigers coaching team.
Pay him well, keep him happy and encourage him to keep looking after his body and we’ll have a truly world class centre for several years to come.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Brutus wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:57 pm I sincerely hope that Manu stays at Tigers for as long as he is in England, ie until at least 2023. I genuinely think his best seasons will be the next four years as he is wiser and spends a lot of effort on conditioning. I really do hope Tigers do everything they can to keep him and don’t subscribe to the notion that “he owes us”. His body let him down because he was encouraged to get big and play in a manner which has an attritional effect on the human body - part of the responsibility for his multiple injuries therefore lies with the Tigers coaching team.
Pay him well, keep him happy and encourage him to keep looking after his body and we’ll have a truly world class centre for several years to come.
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well if Manu and Veainu are off then we will be pretty busy in recruitment stage.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm Well if Manu and Veainu are off then we will be pretty busy in recruitment stage.
Full back: Holmes, Worth
Wings: May, Olowofela, Walker, Thompstone
Centers: Eastmond, Taute, Reid, A. N. Other
Fly half: Ford x2, Hardwick.

Just saying... :smt030 :smt026
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm Well if Manu and Veainu are off then we will be pretty busy in recruitment stage.
Say it ain’t so, they will not go.... :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

If either Manu or Veainu leave, I'll be livid. If both leave, I think I'll be on the verge of a break down! :smt022
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 am Fekitoa.

Just remember that Genge likes all the tweets linking him to teams like Worcester, Bath etc etc
Veainu’s quite similar too in that respect. You mention him, he “likes” it.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

kornboy130 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:36 pm You don't win the premiership in the AI or 6 Nations periods - you win it by having the best players in the play offs. Saracens and Exeter have built success on a stream of England internationals coming through over time. Having these players in your squad in the games that matters wins games - and having the best players for youth to play with and learn from and improve around builds squad longevity over time.

The above is absolutely true of our best periods - the odd foreign super star here and there - but there's no reason your highest paid player shouldn't be a tier 1 England international* just for some fetishisation of players that are available "all the time". If we were to win the play offs no one would even remember if we lost every game during the AIs or 6 Nations periods - though Oddly enough when you bear in mind the above you don't see Exeter or Saracens dropping many of those games either.

*this is before you even factor in the market value of these players as business assets.
Exactly. I don't understand some of the comments on this forum saying we should avoid top internationals because they might miss a few games.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I think we are ok. Veainu has suggested he was playing along.

Just need to keep Manu now!
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

What we need is to ensure an environment where he and his family feel loved.

When your kids a toddler you want them to know their dads a hero and then when their of school age it’s about friendships.

My solution is that we show them the love and tweek the emotional heart strings.

Yes it’s their career and money talks but it’s also about loving your home, your friends, your work.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Signing news incoming.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Knightonian wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 am What we need is to ensure an environment where he and his family feel loved.

When your kids a toddler you want them to know their dads a hero and then when their of school age it’s about friendships.

My solution is that we show them the love and tweek the emotional heart strings.

Yes it’s their career and money talks but it’s also about loving your home, your friends, your work.
I honestly think that’s there he has been associated with the club since he was a school boy and I think that will the biggest factor if he stays
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:23 am Signing news incoming.
10am this morning!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jordan Taufua confirmed!!!!
Last edited by RagingBull on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hows this for timing Taufua scored a try for the cruders in todays pre-season game