LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Flash

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Flash »

Happy with all the re-signings. Hopefully Heyes and Reffell will follow suit soon.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

As far as i'm aware Reffell has signed.
Wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting to counter Evans leaving announcement with it or something like that.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

As a fully paid up member of the Pedant Society, can I ask that we type what we mean.
A player "resigning" is not the same as a player "re-signing".

Just going to put my hard hat on in anticipation of the abuse I know this post will get.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

WirralExile wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 pm As a fully paid up member of the Pedant Society, can I ask that we type what we mean.

Just going to put my hard hat on in anticipation of the abuse I know this post will get.
How very DARE you post something that's absolutely right and extremely important to those of us with dicky tickers!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
albany
Tiger Cub

Post by albany »

Could it be the case that there won't be incomings to replace some of the players leaving (already announced or yet to be) just an expectation that players just announced as re-signing and others like them will be expected to step up even more i.e. Hardwick taking Toomua's spot as a 10/12 option (Eastmond to actually take the starting 12 shirt), Lewis for Kitchener, Reffell for Evans?
Flash

Post by Flash »

WirralExile wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 pm As a fully paid up member of the Pedant Society, can I ask that we type what we mean.

Obviously an important distinction but can you remember any news about a player actually resigning? :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If there arnt players coming in for the ones leaving then we are in big trouble!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Announcements seem to cover Development players of about 1998 vintage, younger ones may still be on contracts.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Someone has mischievously posted online that Daly is signing for us! 3 years at £1.8m :smt003
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Always good news to lock down development players, one of our greatest weaknesses over the last few seasons has been squad turnover. Its not however unreasonable to be a bit annoyed at the club for failing to announce any new signings, as none of these lads are what you'd call match winners (yet) and we desperately need more of those.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I, for one, am well chuffed with all these U20s contracts. You add Heyes, Grahamslaw, Kerr and Reffell and that's 9 1st team squad for the future. Ryan O to return after 7s and some crackers coming through...... move Heaven to keep Genge and things are looking brilliant. :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

Good luck to Graham Kitchener. Sorry he's leaving. A hard working and committed player who should get the game time he deserves back at Wuss.
Suppose he may have found himself behind Spencer and Green next season, so a move makes sense.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Quick injury update:

Tom Youngs looks set to be back in action against Saracens at Allianz Park on February 16.

Adam Thompstone isn't so fortunate. Geordan Murphy says Thompstone is likely to miss the rest of the season after having surgery on a troublesome knee injury which has seen him sidelined since the home Heineken Cup defeat by Racing 92 in mid-December.

Murphy says, "Will Spencer (lock) should be touch and go for the game next week. Tatafu Polota-Nau (hooker) and David Denton (back-row) the same. Guy Thompson (back-row) should be fit in the next few weeks, too, so we are beginning to see some guys coming back to fitness in the forwards, but not so much in the backs."
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

From Smurf on LTTV: "The fans can be assured that we have signed - and are in the process of signing - some big names!"