Dead rubber v Ulster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Re: Dead dead rubber v Ulster

Post by POSTIGER »

Genuinely hope Geordan can sort it all out but I'm really not convinced. It's early days but his record so far is abysmal.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:14 pm Looking at the stats, they outplayed us in every department. Not good at all.
Having watched the game they really didn't
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Yes shame Williams going to Bath, he had a good game today, Baths gain our loss.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Overall a much improved performance but there's still a long way to go. Kicking precision and attack need working on. Having said that they spent the first half in their half and we did make some line breaks we should have finished.
POSTIGER wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm How many tries have we conceded this season whereby our hooker has thrown it straight to the opposition when we're defending close to our line? I'm a big fan of Jake Kerr but this has happened so many times regardless of who is throwing.
Kerr was unlucky, I think that was the only throw of his that didn't go to his man which when you against Henderson is an achievement. I didn't see if it was a jump or throw error but frustrating. First half Kerr played out of his skin.
Mark62 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm Summarisers very critical of Holmes for the try and Olowefela in general.

Their bench had a greater impact.
On the whole much better but the major failing was poor presentation of the ball at rucks
Holmes does make mistakes positionally at 15. Should never be that flat to the line when the ball is still in the 10s hands. As the ball comes down the line you should move into the line. Owolofela played really well except for his tendency to run into touch before stepping back inside, turned ball over too cheaply.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:16 pm
G.K wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:14 pm Same old, same old, another brain dead game in a dead rubber. Not the worst performance this season but apart from one good via the kick through generally second best to an average Ulster side. Can't see it getting better this season or next. :smt009

PS: Saw loads of empty seats.
An average Ulster side that beat Racing 92 last week ? :smt017
On today's performance yes, first half they were very error strewn, as were Tigers.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm Yes shame Williams going to Bath, he had a good game today, Baths gain our loss.
Couple of brainless penalties and missed tackles. As for most of the season he was good in places and poor in others. Whether we miss him or not will depend on his replacement.
POSTIGER wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:16 pm Genuinely hope Geordan can sort it all out but I'm really not convinced. It's early days but his record so far is abysmal.
Don't expect too much this season. We started the season with no attack, no defence, no lineout, no intensity and no overall tactical game plan. Geordan is having to build all of that at the same time as preparing for each game. Give the man a pre season before judging. This is MOCs mess that Geordie is cleaning up.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 pm Overall a much improved performance but there's still a long way to go. Kicking precision and attack need working on. Having said that they spent the first half in their half and we did make some line breaks we should have finished.
POSTIGER wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm How many tries have we conceded this season whereby our hooker has thrown it straight to the opposition when we're defending close to our line? I'm a big fan of Jake Kerr but this has happened so many times regardless of who is throwing.
Kerr was unlucky, I think that was the only throw of his that didn't go to his man which when you against Henderson is an achievement. I didn't see if it was a jump or throw error but frustrating. First half Kerr played out of his skin.
Mark62 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm Summarisers very critical of Holmes for the try and Olowefela in general.

Their bench had a greater impact.
On the whole much better but the major failing was poor presentation of the ball at rucks
Holmes does make mistakes positionally at 15. Should never be that flat to the line when the ball is still in the 10s hands. As the ball comes down the line you should move into the line. Owolofela played really well except for his tendency to run into touch before stepping back inside, turned ball over too cheaply.
Holmes is a dangerous winger but I'm not convinced he can play full-back
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:25 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm Yes shame Williams going to Bath, he had a good game today, Baths gain our loss.
Couple of brainless penalties and missed tackles. As for most of the season he was good in places and poor in others. Whether we miss him or not will depend on his replacement.
POSTIGER wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:16 pm Genuinely hope Geordan can sort it all out but I'm really not convinced. It's early days but his record so far is abysmal.
Don't expect too much this season. We started the season with no attack, no defence, no lineout, no intensity and no overall tactical game plan. Geordan is having to build all of that at the same time as preparing for each game. Give the man a pre season before judging. This is MOCs mess that Geordie is cleaning up.
Thank the lord for such a sensible post :smt023
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Here's a sobering thought. If Jake Kerr is in the Scotland squad when the 6Ns start then we might have to actually start Ross McMillan. Scary.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Doom-mongers. .Negative.Too flipping right we are.The Coaching is total tripe, and getting worse.The back up reserves are next to useless. We have totally disintegrated as a Club but so then have both Labour and the Conservatives... and any happy clapper who thinks things will get rosier, you are living in cuckoo land. From a Tigers fanatic since I was born 72 years ago...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 pm Doom-mongers. .Negative.Too flipping right we are.The Coaching is total tripe, and getting worse.The back up reserves are next to useless. We have totally disintegrated as a Club but so then have both Labour and the Conservatives... and any happy clapper who thinks things will get rosier, you are living in cuckoo land. From a Tigers fanatic since I was born 72 years ago...
Let’s bring Cockerill back. Oh hold on he started the whole rot when he ran out of ideas and became stagnant
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:26 pm Here's a sobering thought. If Jake Kerr is in the Scotland squad when the 6Ns start then we might have to actually start Ross McMillan. Scary.
Well he's good in the scrum. As for everywhere else I'm not so sure.

Kerr played very well today. I would not be surprised to see him on the bench for Scotland. First half he outplayed Best comfortably, though he did look to tire in the second half.
norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 pm Doom-mongers. .Negative.Too flipping right we are.The Coaching is total tripe, and getting worse.The back up reserves are next to useless. We have totally disintegrated as a Club but so then have both Labour and the Conservatives... and any happy clapper who thinks things will get rosier, you are living in cuckoo land. From a Tigers fanatic since I was born 72 years ago...
How's it getting worse? We can now defend, the scrum is still good, we have a lineout which actually gets us the ball now and a tactical game that kept a good Ulster side pinned in their own half for pretty much the first 40.

I'm not saying we don't need to improve further but there has been positive progress. Young lads like Kerr, Heyes, Evans, White and Owolofela all showing they can play at this level is a boost for our squad next season as well.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

How's it getting worse? We can now defend, the scrum is still good, we have a lineout which actually gets us the ball now and a tactical game that kept a good Ulster side pinned in their own half for pretty much the first 40.

I'm not saying we don't need to improve further but there has been positive progress. Young lads like Kerr, Heyes, Evans, White and Owolofela all showing they can play at this level is a boost for our squad next season as well.
+1 :smt023
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tigers are getting worse. Last season was the worst since 2005/2006. This season is worse than last season. Sorry but I see no real sign of improvement. I do see lots of straws being clutched though.

Bottom of the Premiership Cup table.
Bottom of the European Cop Championship table.
9th in the Gallagher table.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Watching Munster vs Exeter, we are so far behind these two teams it's embarrassing.