New Coach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: New Coach?

Post by RagingBull »

Players are an issue for me more than the coaches.
And a big key part of the playing side is the Head of Rugby.

Newcastle Fans wanting Deano out, Deano might have a relegation clause, Tom might have to eat enough humble pie but stranger things have happened. (Scratch that Deano returning to Tigers would be the strangest thing to happen).

Tigers need to get rid of at least IMO 11 or so players.
Louis

Post by Louis »

I can only apologise profusely.

I of course meant the Holland and Caterpillar Building Society Stand and Terrace Bar. (Exclusive, members only)
Louis

Post by Louis »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm Players are an issue for me more than the coaches.
And a big key part of the playing side is the Head of Rugby.

Newcastle Fans wanting Deano out, Deano might have a relegation clause, Tom might have to eat enough humble pie but stranger things have happened. (Scratch that Deano returning to Tigers would be the strangest thing to happen).

Tigers need to get rid of at least IMO 11 or so players.
All of whom are Joe Ford.*

*Just for the record: Mr Ford is roughly 3492 times the rugby player I was or ever could have been, and doubtlessly has forgotten more about rugby than I know. This is humour.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

He would certainly be at the top of the list.

Nice guy, plays his heart out but just not at this level.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Louis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 am A Modest Proposal For Preventing the Tigers of Leicester From Being a Burden to Their Fans or Country, and For Making Them Better at Rugby:

A 14 point, detailed plan for saving Leicester Tigers.

7) After each sacking, ten people chosen at random from each part of the Tigers club, from fans to board of directors, will be chosen to shout "Sack Cockers!" and smear themselves with mud taken from in front of the Crumbie stand. Equally, ten people chosen in a similar manner will shout "Bring back Cockers!" and smear themselves with the same mud.
Ridiculous suggestion. There is no mud in front of the Crumbie stand which doesn't even exist any more because it's called.......something else, apparently.
They should relay the pitch with a potato field from Lincolnshire immediately, defence sorted!
Louis

Post by Louis »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm Thoroughly enjoyed that thank you very much, you don't see many Swift references in the wilds of rugby chat.
I thought I was going to get into trouble for advocating the eating of Northampton players...
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BFG wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:03 pm
Louis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 am A Modest Proposal For Preventing the Tigers of Leicester From Being a Burden to Their Fans or Country, and For Making Them Better at Rugby:

A 14 point, detailed plan for saving Leicester Tigers.

7) After each sacking, ten people chosen at random from each part of the Tigers club, from fans to board of directors, will be chosen to shout "Sack Cockers!" and smear themselves with mud taken from in front of the Crumbie stand. Equally, ten people chosen in a similar manner will shout "Bring back Cockers!" and smear themselves with the same mud.
Ridiculous suggestion. There is no mud in front of the Crumbie stand which doesn't even exist any more because it's called.......something else, apparently.
They should relay the pitch with a potato field from Lincolnshire immediately, defence sorted!
Planting potatoes would certainly give us the chance of picking something up at the end of the season!

(I'll get my coat.....)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Louis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 am9) There will then follow a fistfight and name calling to the tune of "Smoke On The Water".
This will never work, the punches will very quickly get out of synch with the beat of the song and it'll be a free for all mess :smt003 :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

At least no one has suggested we could of, should of, or might of, appointed a guy who wouldnt of let us loose any more matches. :smt046
Louis

Post by Louis »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm At least no one has suggested we could of, should of, or might of, appointed a guy who wouldnt of let us loose any more matches. :smt046
Well if you're just going to post up ridiculous impossibilities and obviously silly suggestions...

;-)
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

:smt052
Louis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm At least no one has suggested we could of, should of, or might of, appointed a guy who wouldnt of let us loose any more matches. :smt046
Well if you're just going to post up ridiculous impossibilities and obviously silly suggestions...

;-)
:smt052
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Planting potatoes would certainly give us the chance of picking something up at the end of the season!

(I'll get my coat.....)
Or do you mean your jacket. ....

Sorry, I'll get mine too. ..
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 pm

(I'll get my coat.....)
Or do you mean your jacket. ....

Sorry, I'll get mine too. ..
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

;-)
Someone may have suggested that we could have, should have or might have appointed a guy who wouldn't let us lose any more matches but they certainly won't have suggested that we could of, should of and might of appointed someone who would wouldn't let us loose any more matches! :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am

;-)
Someone may have suggested that we could have, should have or might have appointed a guy who wouldn't let us lose any more matches but they certainly won't have suggested that we could of, should of and might of appointed someone who would wouldn't let us loose any more matches! :smt023
Ha Ha Ha, got you, where's that fishing rod an reel? :smt046