LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2548
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Hot_Charlie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:09 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:15 pm
Jonathan Joseph still hasn't got a club next season.

Is it worth trying to sign him?
We gamble enough on another fragile centre. I doubt he’d be cheap enough to merit the risk.

trendylfj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 am
Location: MARKET HARBOROUGH

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by trendylfj » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Neither has Rhys Priestland but may be too expensive as well as not wanting to be a No 2 = https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... ts-2407489
Hehehehehehehehe

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by ellis9 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm

trendylfj wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm
Neither has Rhys Priestland but may be too expensive as well as not wanting to be a No 2 = https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... ts-2407489
He's done nothing to say he's good enough since his move to Bath.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Scott1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Priestland is on silly money too,and he's flakey! No thanks!

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6635
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by jgriffin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:54 pm
Especially with Steff Evans being in poor form too
And IMO a glory boy, not a great team player when it comes to releasing the ball
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Scott1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:57 pm

TBF I do rate him. Defensively he's suspect but he can be electrifying with ball in hand! Like Daly though,and probably for different reasons,he's out of form and just trying too hard while nothings coming off. It happens to players sometimes,maybe he needs a fresh start somewhere. I'd take him at Tigers tomorrow if he lost his international place. We couldn't cope with another guy we would lose for a nearly half a season though!

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by strawclearer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 pm

PlanetRugby still going with...

"The Rugby Paper meanwhile highlight that Leicester Tigers are looking to sign Rob and Jean-Luc du Preez after already securing brother Dan.

The same newspaper also believe that Harlequins wing Charlie Walker could be in line for a return to Leicester Tigers at the end of 2018/19."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by ellis9 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:56 pm

In regards to Jonathan Joseph, you could argue he played some of his best rugby outside of Eastmond and Ford. Now I wonder where those two players currently are?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7146
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by RagingBull » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:05 am

So here is what I think is the current contract situations.
Believed to be in contract
Polota-Nau
Stevens
Cole
Cortes
Genge
Faeo
Spencer
Denton
Thompson
Youngs
Ford
May
Veainu
Holmes (I think was rumoured to have signed a deal)

Unlikely to be
Bateman
Williams

Likely
Kerr
T.Youngs
Fitzgerald
Kitchener
Wells
Voss
Kalamafoni
O'Connor
Mapapalangi
Harrison
J.Ford
Owen
Thompstone


Believed to be certainly out of contract
McMillon (Last minute cover signing)
Gigena
Ma'afu (Injury signing)
Smith
Tait
Tuilagi

Already Off
Toomua

First senior deals so who knows
Hills
Tuilagi
Thacker
Worth

Really not sure on if Eastmond was signed for the season or longer.

and when you look at the Development squad it is split like
1st years (18/19)
Lines, Jordan, Lavin, Gough, Smith
2nd years (19/20)
Grahamslaw, Heyes, Reffell, Hardwick,
3rd years (20/21)
Mahoney, Lewis, Simmons, White, Olowofela

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1988
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by kpj tiger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am

Will Evans was apparently spotted at the Quins training ground, really hope we can keep him especially if BOC is leaving

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am

I imagine we’re only looking to extend Tuilagi’s contract. Can’t imagine the rest of the out of contract players would be worth keeping on to be honest. Either past their prime or not worth retaining.

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1988
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by kpj tiger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am
I imagine we’re only looking to extend Tuilagi’s contract. Can’t imagine the rest of the out of contract players would be worth keeping on to be honest. Either past their prime or not worth retaining.
I'd say there's an argument to keep Gigena especially with Owen Hills not having found his old form after his injury

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:55 am

kpj tiger wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am
Will Evans was apparently spotted at the Quins training ground, really hope we can keep him especially if BOC is leaving
Hopefully not true. Although it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he left. Always looks better off the bench than as a starter. Plus he has had fitness issues. With Reffell coming through, who looks a better prospect, and the academy 7s we are well stocked. Maybe K Smith will be his replacement :smt002

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by BFG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:02 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:56 pm
In regards to Jonathan Joseph, you could argue he played some of his best rugby outside of Eastmond and Ford. Now I wonder where those two players currently are?
You could also argue that he played some of his worst!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by ellis9 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:04 pm

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:55 am
kpj tiger wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am
Will Evans was apparently spotted at the Quins training ground, really hope we can keep him especially if BOC is leaving
Hopefully not true. Although it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he left. Always looks better off the bench than as a starter. Plus he has had fitness issues. With Reffell coming through, who looks a better prospect, and the academy 7s we are well stocked. Maybe K Smith will be his replacement :smt002
It wouldn't be the end of the world if ANY player left.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CitizenSmiff and 2 guests