Wayne to Ref.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Wayne to Ref.

Post by Yorkietiger »

David Rose, should have gone to Specsavers, and should be banned from ever officiating again after yesterday's debacle. Only one decision to make and he mucked it up.

As for Luke Pierce, he needs to swot up on the rules, ball clearly grounded by Reinach, two inch deep trench in the in goal area dug by the ball. If he could not see it then TMO should have intervened.

My view of the TMO is now that we would be better off without them. They either are in the refs ear chattering at them all game, or like Rose yesterday, utterly inept when called upon to make a decision.

I was sat right in front of where Olowofela put the ball down and I could see in real time that he had clearly grounded the ball. I do not blame Barnes, he did not have a clear view, and neither did he get one from the VT replays on the screens in the ground, as the time and score banner superimposed at the bottom of the screen obscured the picture. However, looking at the replays on the tv at home it was clear his hand never left the ball and it was not a knock on.

Anyway, just reinforces my view, the TMO is not achieving the stated objective when they were introduced. There are still howlers made every single week, and we should dispense with them.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The try was a very tight call and though he grounded it, it does appear that he marginally loses control with it going forward. Thankfully, it was not a game changing decision.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes cheating SH there at the Ricoh so Karma there. Maybe the ref knew that it had been grounded really?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Re TMO. Im not sure that they contribute anything useful. Humans will make mistakes I think they undermine the authority of the ref, create breaks in the flow of the game.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm The try was a very tight call and though he grounded it, it does appear that he marginally loses control with it going forward. Thankfully, it was not a game changing decision.
I thought that too, when watching the replay. My thoughts at the time was a knock on, advantage, try Wasps. I thought I was the only one who thought that. Perhaps not.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What about TY try today ruled out,boy that was a tough one!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer