LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Wayne to Ref.

Post by LE18 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:25 pm
Noggs wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm
wormus wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:36 pm
I look forward to Barnsey refereeing the game as he really has improved over the years compared with others, Oh how I wish he would tutor Maxwell-Keys, Wigglesworth and especially Pearce in the laws and player management. I am pleased too that we have David Rose as TMO because when he refereed here many years ago he was fair, explained and had the potential of a great Referee but got tripped up in life and is now a well respected TMO often in the south west area.
He has indeed improved over the years. JP on the other hand seems to be going the other way :smt009 Always said, ever trust a man not prepared to use his first name :smt003
Agreed John-Paul Doyle uses his initials so players,officials & spectators do not confuse him with past Pope's and the Vatican! If anyone shakes hands with him then please count your fingers & rings afterwards. :smt002
Another "Eats Shoots and Leaves" there Angus! (Apostrophe). Why do they allow him to ref Irish Int matches or European games involving Irish teams?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

If you want to talk about awful calls? That from Dave Rose.

That ball never left the fingers. Awful, awful call. Utterly pathetic.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TTRITH wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 pm If you want to talk about awful calls? That from Dave Rose.

That ball never left the fingers. Awful, awful call. Utterly pathetic.
Awful as a ref when he did that too.

Robbed Olowofela and Tigers, didn't materially affect the result though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Barnes has often ran to the screen to watch himself he didn't seem to do that has there been an instruction not to?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm Barnes has often ran to the screen to watch himself he didn't seem to do that has there been an instruction not to?
I really expected Barnes to overrule Rose - very disappointing. Surely the ref is the final arbiter? :smt018
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm Barnes has often ran to the screen to watch himself he didn't seem to do that has there been an instruction not to?
I see your point but he probably trusted Rose to conduct such a simple piece of business. The decision merely required the failed referee Rose to judge whether the ball was grounded okay. The man should be nowhere a top level rugby match. He was a terrible referee and is an even worse TMO. Imagine that decision had a bearing in the result. That said had it been an important decision I have a feeling Barnes may have taken an interest.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If that was a match-defining try, Barnes and his assistants probably would’ve gone to the screen to look themselves.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Luke Pearce having a mare at Wasps. I think Saints are getting a very raw deal.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Maidman wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm Luke Pearce having a mare at Wasps. I think Saints are getting a very raw deal.
Why didnt Reinach question that decision, he clearly grounded the ball in goal?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I am minded to post again after 2 almighty :censored: ups by the TMOs this weekend.

Olowefela was bad enough yesterday a try all day long.
Even worse has just happened at the Ricoh with Wasps being given a try after the Saints had clearly grounded the ball in goal. Luke Pearce awarded try without even consulting the TMO
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Commentators showing just how bad Pearce is. Wasps being gifted this game. This kind of rubbish reffing is not good for the game.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:25 pm
Maidman wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm Luke Pearce having a mare at Wasps. I think Saints are getting a very raw deal.
Yes the ball was grounded but the Northants player "played on" as if he hadn't, clearly wanting the ref to believe he had kept it up (and thus avoiding the 5m attacking scrum). So really Saints have been done over by their own cheating ...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:35 pm
Yes the ball was grounded but the Northants player "played on" as if he hadn't, clearly wanting the ref to believe he had kept it up (and thus avoiding the 5m attacking scrum). So really Saints have been done over by their own cheating ...
Wouldn’t disagree with that but the fact is the ball was dead
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

A ball clearly grounded by downward pressure in golf should have been whistled, as scrum 5, regardless of what player did after.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Wouldn’t disagree with that but the fact is the ball was dead
Correct (and wb!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives