Defence Coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Defence Coach

Post by ABClub »

If Mike Ford comes in as kit man he'll somehow be DOR by the end of the year...
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I'd go with MF. Has something to offer and would get a job done. If only till the end of the season. :smt100 :smt100
However GM would be forever watching 6 o'clock.
jaguar
Tiger Cub

Post by jaguar »

:smt041
ABClub wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:33 am If Mike Ford comes in as kit man he'll somehow be DOR by the end of the year...
Spot on
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

More like Ged Glynn watching the door
I'm not cynical just experienced
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Please, please please, not Mike Ford as defence coach, my son who lives in Bath and is friendly with a few Bath players has told me the atmosphere towards the end of his coaching tenure was toxic within the squad, George was partly to blame for this, his attitude was that he had the ear of his dad and was superior to the rest of the squad, if you look at the times he was substituted or dropped at Bath shows his dad favoured him whether he was playing well or not.
Please not Mike Ford, anyone but him.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Phil Blake confirmed by Smurf on BTSport
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Blake any good with lineouts?!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Not sure if he's had any input so far but we've been excellent in our own red zone. One horrible dog leg in their half, which they didn't take advantage of. Ball retention still poor too
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:40 pm Phil Blake confirmed by Smurf on BTSport

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 71045?s=19

Yep.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

On Radio leicester GM said "there were a few nuts and bolts to sort out" re Blake but was less forthcoming on Mike Ford - got the impression that Blake would be the defence coach and he was seen in Tigers kit in the stands today. He said he often chatS to Mike when he come to watch his boys and has a cup of coffee with "his friend" but had not been present when any discussions had taken place. Read into that what you want - DOR in place of Glynn?????
Hehehehehehehehe
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I would be an improvement on Glynn and so would many forum members. Someone asked why Cohen gets flak, well presumably he's the one who decides the finances so ...... Am sure Ford M would be much better for Tigers as DOR than Glynn.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Would hate MF here as DOR, especially with his two boys here and the Bath toxic stories,no thanks!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Would Mike Ford’s potential arrival signal a longer stay for Joe Ford? Which I’d rather see Tom Hardwick step up to be George Ford’s understudy, he still has potential to be fulfilled with additional gametime, whereas Joe isn’t likely to get much better than he already is.
I get the impression it’ll be Joe Ford or Hardwick in the squad next year, probably not room for both.
The other options to back up George would have been Rob Du Preez or Noel Reid based on early rumours of additional incomings, but both seem unlikely now.
Definitely something to watch.
Albeit I can’t help but wonder if a senior figure alongside Geordan would help.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:40 pm Phil Blake confirmed by Smurf on BTSport
Was Blake actually on the pitch pre-match and as waterboy at times during yesterday. There was someone in a blue tracksuit who I couldn't place and wondered if it was him.
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 am
Was Blake actually on the pitch pre-match and as waterboy at times during yesterday. There was someone in a blue tracksuit who I couldn't place and wondered if it was him.
No, Phil Blake only landed in the UK yesterday morning and was sat in the stands.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk