BYE

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

BYE

Post by Mark62 »

I have been a tigers supporter for over 40 years and a contributor on this forum, under various guises for the past few. I have been involved with the game, as a player, coach, referee and club administrator for 45 years so feel I have a reasonable knowledge of the game.

However the comments, insults, lack of knowledge and in some cases pure guess work both on here and the Facebook page have led me to the decision that I no longer wish to contribute on either forum.
I wish all other posters well and hope that the new year brings what people want, even though in some cases it appears to be for the club to fail.

I shall continue to check up now and again especially on RagingBulls excellent player movement threads.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: BYE

Post by JP14 »

I share your bereavement, Facebook is frankly awful on times, I gave up on that long ago. It’s a shame you have come to this decision, I will miss our Tuilagi debates :smt023.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

As the Archbishop of Canterbury says today, in society we "disagree on many things, and we are struggling with how to disagree well". The same frequently applies in this Forum!

I can't comment on Facebook - I don't engage on the Tigers pages there. As far as this Forum is concerned, imho it's populated by the same proportion of numpties, naughties, doom-mongers, happy-clappers, pundits, pillocks, optimists, pessimists, realists and trolls as you'll find in the general population.

Its diversity is its strength. As much as I am enraged by and incredulous of those who have the temerity to take a view counter to my own, I have to reluctantly accept that it would be a pretty boring site if everyone agreed with me!

So, Mark62, I'm sorry you're going because you're part of that diversity. Let's hope it's à bientôt rather than adieu!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 pm So, Mark62, I'm sorry you're going because you're part of that diversity. Let's hope it's à bientôt rather than adieu!
Moi, aussi!!
Semper in excretia
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:38 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 pm So, Mark62, I'm sorry you're going because you're part of that diversity. Let's hope it's à bientôt rather than adieu!
Moi, aussi!!
D'accord!
Leaving is easy. I've done it four times. Each time I've come back there's a new brand of poster to deal with. I do miss some of the old stalwarts.......
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

Mark62, I left Facebook totally for 6mths this year, fed up with the idiocy. I came back because I missed the non-idiots, of whom there were many.

Likewise this Forum. I don't post often but enjoy reading the wildly varying opinions & debates. Yeah, the occasional handbagging is boring, but such is life & the good far outweighs the bad.

But this Forum needs people with your experience to give balance to what you rightly say is sometimes little better than guesswork - though the latter is needed too, for speculation! I hope you'll return.
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:25 pm
Robespierre wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:38 pm
Moi, aussi!!
D'accord!
Leaving is easy. I've done it four times. Each time I've come back there's a new brand of poster to deal with. I do miss some of the old stalwarts.......
I agree: there'll never be another like BillW. RIP.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

It's sad that a stalwart fan and poster feels the need to quit the forum.

I am a 71 year old "new boy" to this site, and have never used Facebook, and don't intend to. I don't know the posts/posters on here that have caused this, but there is a need to understand an amount of negativity this season, which is our worst in my 40 years as a fan. It is the manner of our defeats, rather than the results, that have brought forth much criticism, including that of myself.

After so many years on here, I hope this poster has a change of heart. After many years in the Police Force, I came across all types of negativity on a daily basis, which would drag me down, but I never gave up, I am happy to say. That negativity only made me more determined to carry on my role.

So please see the criticism and negativity through. Three little words for you, sir, "Never give up." :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

People flounce from forums all the time. No big deal. Even the ones who have to create a thread and make a song and dance about it.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It is regrettable that Mark 62 feels the way he does, I sometimes did not agree with his posts but he had every right to his opinions. Hope he has a re-think.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The forum can get grating, I stopped posting on the Facebook groups a long time ago though.
I generally like that the forum has less voices than them so it's not as annoying at times.

Saying that every clubs forums are pretty annoying.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I wonder what has happened to NODDY, hope he is not ill, perhaps he has stopped for the same reason, I found his postings so funny, in a not funny way. :smt017
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

I’ve been keeping a weather eye out for Noddy as he used to take the train from Derby, haven’t seen him all season. I dropped him a direct line too, no response. I do hope he’s OK.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Humans are the worst
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ElvastonTiger wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm I’ve been keeping a weather eye out for Noddy as he used to take the train from Derby, haven’t seen him all season. I dropped him a direct line too, no response. I do hope he’s OK.
Thanks ET, yes I do hope he is Ok, strange that he did not reply to you.