Diamond in trouble?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Diamond in trouble?

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Diamond in trouble?

Post by strawclearer »

Sam Peters has tweeted...

"Thanks for concern (most). I can confirm an altercation took place between me and Steve Diamond after he ‘offered me out’ tonight. I’ll recount in full at right time. Safe to say more play school than old school from a man I consider to be nothing more than a narcissistic bully."

There will be consequences! Taken with Dave Ward's behaviour, this has not been a particularly edifying Rugby Saturday.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Diamond is a repeat offender, and one can only expect PR or the RFU to come down on him like the proverbial ton of bricks.

Dave Wards yellow card took no account of his spitting at an opposition player, since it seems the TMO didn’t spot it on the replay (unlike everyone else). A citing and a ban seem to be in order.

Will something be done, or will these poor examples of humanity get away with their unpleasant and unprofessional behaviour?
Valhalla I am coming!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Diamond is at the top of the rugby tree at Sale and should be sacked simple as, by their board, purely for unprofessional behaviour and bringing the game into disrepute
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

He sits on the board himself and his son is the Director of Communications!!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Coops wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:13 am He sits on the board himself and his son is the Director of Communications!!!
Makes his behaviour worse in many ways.
Shame the newly knighted Sir Bill isn’t involved with Sale his feet wouldn’t touch the floor
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

There is no place in rugby, for odious people like Diamond. A truly disgusting display of obnoxious behaviour, for which I hope he will be suitably punished.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

No it wont be a life ban. more like suspended 2 years and touchline / media ban 1 year..
In which case Sale will have to sack him.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:01 pm Life ban for Dumbo?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 04176.html
Sounds like something you'd see in the playground as a child. Pathetic and childish.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

No comment about Peters then? Some seem to think it was well deserved.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:51 am No comment about Peters then? Some seem to think it was well deserved.
The latest article in the Independent has full audio in the run up to them heading to the stairwell mate, not sure if you've heard/seen it? Either way, for me at least, it just confirms the view I've had of Diamond for a long, long time, that he's a nasty piece of work and I'm glad he has no connection with Tigers.

Lest we forget, Cockerill was banned for, IMHO, less when in charge at Tigers so I'll be interested to see how this pans out but won't hold my breath for the RFU or Premier Rugby doing anything meaningful
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 am
jgriffin wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:51 am No comment about Peters then? Some seem to think it was well deserved.
The latest article in the Independent has full audio in the run up to them heading to the stairwell mate, not sure if you've heard/seen it? Either way, for me at least, it just confirms the view I've had of Diamond for a long, long time, that he's a nasty piece of work and I'm glad he has no connection with Tigers.

Lest we forget, Cockerill was banned for, IMHO, less when in charge at Tigers so I'll be interested to see how this pans out but won't hold my breath for the RFU or Premier Rugby doing anything meaningful
No I can't see any action. The RFU don't even think spitting and stamping a citing offence if I read right. More serious than a verbal altercation, however unpleasant.
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Peters did his job as a journalist and wrote a piece about Diamond and his management/coaching style. If Diamond didn’t like what was said there are other ways of dealing with it rather than what he did
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:09 am Peters did his job as a journalist and wrote a piece about Diamond and his management/coaching style. If Diamond didn’t like what was said there are other ways of dealing with it rather than what he did
Completely agree