Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by strawclearer »

We lost away by 7 points gaining a LBP.

As ever, there were positives (GF performance and defence!) and negatives (line out and a few personal performances, notably Kitch, Fitz and BY).

The officials were dreadful. A 'blind-sided' JPD over-ruling a Line Judge who is feet away from a knock-on signalling it before and after a try is scored; JPD awarding a clear 'double movement' try etc etc etc.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I don't like digging players out, as they are clearly better than I would ever be or been and they play for my club, but thought that Fitzgerald, Kitchener and Toomua were poor.
Fitzgerald ran into brick walls, Kitchener used to be a line out stealing God and now look? And it pains me to say it, but either our game plan doesn't suit Toomua or he just didn't get involved. No spark from our marquee player, where as Manu (who some wouldn't mind if he left) was all over the park, tackling, running hard and had a smile on his face.
Really deflating, but after this weeks ridicule at work into Gloucester....
There is never any points for 2nd place...
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Smudge wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:34 pmBT commentary team also chose to ignore it.
Dallaglio called it.

Was poor officiating by all, including the AR who signalled it but should have insisted on a review, he was correct and the knock on materially affected the play giving Bath an advantage.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We should have given Ben Youngs to Bristol :smt009
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:38 pm We should have given Ben Youngs to Bristol :smt009
to Gloucester instead of Ed
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:38 pm We should have given Ben Youngs to Bristol :smt009
Get a grip.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Heard all this :censored: last year and we finished 5, narrowly missing the playoffs.

It’s not great but support, where is the support? I can’t understand the tireless condemnation from supposed supporters.

We didn’t really got in to the game today but put a huge defensive effort in, an area we’ve struggled in of late, that’s a positive. A LBP is something. We’re 4 points behind 4th, positive.

Or, let’s just ‘support’ our team by envisaging every worst case scenario.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Agree that Fitzgerald and Kitchener were poor, but Kitch has been poor for a while now living on the reputation of 2014, those were the days when we had 4 class lineout operators (Kitch plus Parling, Croft and Gibson), Green will improve our lineout dramatically if his rumoured signing comes to fruition.

On the lineout today, it seemed that no one had clue as to what call they were doing, either that or it was so badly mistimed Kerr had no choice but to throw it in.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:41 pm Heard all this :censored: last year and we finished 5, narrowly missing the playoffs.

It’s not great but support, where is the support? I can’t understand the tireless condemnation from supposed supporters.

We didn’t really got in to the game today but put a huge defensive effort in, an area we’ve struggled in of late, that’s a positive. A LBP is something. We’re 4 points behind 4th, positive.

There's not many people who can see positives unfortunately.
Last edited by ellis9 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:40 pm
Get a grip.
Why? Tell me on what boundaries should Ben Youngs be anywhere near the starting XV at the moment.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:41 pm Heard all this :censored: last year and we finished 5, narrowly missing the playoffs.

when you have the same problems over and over again and the club don't take any steps to correct them this is what happens, Tigers is a professional club but it is being run by amateurs
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm
Get a grip.
Why? Tell me on what boundaries should Ben Youngs be anywhere near the starting XV at the moment.
He's our best scrum half and is the best at mixing it up. He's experienced and has a great relationship with Ford.

Also, he is nowhere near the low standard that people say he is on here.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Well at least we can't say its not exciting, I got no nails or hair left. Remember how 'boring' it was when we just knew we would make the playoffs at least every year.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes I can never be one of those happy clappers/sheep/seals who carry on as if nothing is happening. It's just not me,I couldn't lie to myself. I'm sorry of that offends anyone.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:45 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Get a grip.
He's our best scrum half and is the best at mixing it up. He's experienced and has a great relationship with Ford.

Also, he is nowhere near the low standard that people say he is on here.
I know Ford and Youngs are “besties” but I’m sure Ford can cope without him, he seemed to do fine in France!