Bath next week ....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by Scott1 »

A sign of a bad team is when fans start opposing each other,classic sign!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=Mark62 post_id=705171 time=1546189824 user_id=11593]
[quote=RagingBull post_id=705162 time=1546189593 user_id=10459]
2 points behind 6th, 4 points behind 4th and 7 points ahead of 12th.

But yes we are in a relegation fight......
[/quote]

As are 9 teams.
[/quote]

Yes, tightest league yet (salary cap has worked to that extent!). Almost any team can beat any other.
There will be little between three and twelve, so every point counts, even lbps, so at least well done for that. Defence prevented Bath getting 4 tries too. Not enough from Tigers though - will need a win next time out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did we have the extra days rest too?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm A sign of a bad team is when fans start opposing each other,classic sign!
Not really.
Or you saying Gloucester are bad?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I meant as a whole RB
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Oh dear same, same old. Tactically poor, technically poor, brain dead Rugby yet again, an embarresment to the shirt really.

So many things wrong with the Tigers game, scrum aside, you could write a book about it:

'How not to play Premiership Rugby'.

End of 2018 and Tigers are worse than last year, which was worse than the year before... :smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Spot on GK! At least someone else can see the continuing decline!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Gm needs a highly experience former DOR to come in as his assistant to provide advice I don't think he knows how to change things in game
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If he doesnt then we are in big trouble!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pm we were utterly dominated in every aspect,
Well we weren't. 3 penalties to 1 at the scrum and that could have been more. Second half we were the better team but were too clumsy to take advantage of our newfound possession.

Forwards were good in defence but very poor in attack. Kalamafoni may have made an incredible number of tackles but ball in hand he was a walking turnover. Fitzgerald little better though he did run some clever lines. Evans offered some better go forward when he came on running off people's shoulders instead of stationary ready to run into a brick wall.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:30 pm Or a stage coach
😂😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 pm I don't care about them,answer the question properly or dont bother!
I don't think we were "that poor" today.
Apart from the first half try we were shockingly poor in attack, clueless is being kind, we defended our line reasonably well in first half - because our poor attacking play and pathetic handling/passing/skills forced us to. Yet we still conceded 2 tries.

You talked about us only being in 2nd gear, well, the gearbox was knackered as we never got out of it and if international grade players can't up the ante when required, for themselves, for each other or for the supporters then that's my definition of 'poor'.

Bath weren't great today but they played together and for each other, we did not and 'we' haven't done for sometime.

Poor, the only break we got was Bath not getting a TBP (because they were equally poor in their own way) and 'allowing' us to cling onto a LBP, which in isolation isn't a bad return but when you witness the (lack of) quality in our general play it's amazing how we got one.

The talk gets talked but the walk doesn't get walked. Soundbites and platitudes galore, but rarely gets backed up.

I'm optimistic, I know we are capable of so much more but there's only so much dross that can be absorbed without comment.
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pmreceivers are often static waiting for the pass that should have already come and get stopped dead in their tracks by a defender.
The receiver has to be static to enable them to judge whether to catch the pass from Youngs on their toes, 2 feet above their heads or half a yard behind them.

I absolutely agree, he is living on reputation alone and can seemingly do no wrong yet for the average joe supporter he is doing very little right, his judgement and game management is woeful right now, and his trademark 'sniping' is non-existent. He talks a good talk off the pitch but is not currently walking the walk (see above) once he crosses the whitewash.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

The knock on before Bath's second try was blatant. The disappointment is that the touch judge told JP .
He chose to ignore it when a replay would have clearly shown it. Likewise the officials in the trailer should have called it
BT commentary team also chose to ignore it.
Please don't shower me with "sour grapes" accusations. The offence was clear.. I suspect that this is what JM was harranging the officials about at the end. That try was the difference in the teams at the end. Such injustices from poor officials can cost jobs and millions in club revenue. I know all the guff about these things even themselves out over a season but it's no comfort at all. A Draw would have been the fair result.
A life long Tiger
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:32 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pm we were utterly dominated in every aspect,
Well we weren't. 3 penalties to 1 at the scrum and that could have been more. Second half we were the better team but were too clumsy to take advantage of our newfound possession.

Forwards were good in defence but very poor in attack. Kalamafoni may have made an incredible number of tackles but ball in hand he was a walking turnover. Fitzgerald little better though he did run some clever lines. Evans offered some better go forward when he came on running off people's shoulders instead of stationary ready to run into a brick wall.
Tigers forwards seem to be coached into running directly into an opposition players, rather than at the gaps between players, it makes them very easy to defend against.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:30 pm Gm needs a highly experience former DOR to come in as his assistant to provide advice I don't think he knows how to change things in game
Which means he's not up to it and is learning on the job, which is plainly ridiculous.

We'll be in the Championship soon at this rate.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.