Bath next week ....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm 2 points behind 6th, 4 points behind 4th and 7 points ahead of 12th.

But yes we are in a relegation fight......
As are 9 teams.

We saw today what areas need strengthening in terms of ball carrying and getting over the gain line.
I know it isn’t really his game but Toomua isn’t offering much in attack against these rush defences.
Would like to see Eastmond start next week
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:08 pm With 1st half stats of Bath 11 tackles, Tigers 77 tackles where was the game plan to turn it around in the 2nd half? Nowhere!! After that performance, relegation beckons!! The du Preez family won't come and even Tom Varndell injury cover for TV won't help either?
Talk about over exaggerating!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How can a team rampacked with international,Lions,European,Super Rugby experience be that poor? Defies belief at times!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

We are 7 points above 12th and 4 behind 4th yet people are so hung up on how close we are to the bottom!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:11 pm How can a team rampacked with international,Lions,European,Super Rugby experience be that poor? Defies belief at times!
Ask Gloucester. They've been experts at it over the years. Wasps are giving it a good go this season too.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:11 pm We are 7 points above 12th and 4 behind 4th yet people are so hung up on how close we are to the bottom!
The glass is always dry (not even half empty) for most on here
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm 2 points behind 6th, 4 points behind 4th and 7 points ahead of 12th.

There are less points between 9th and 4th (4) than 9th last. (7). Get a grip people.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

25tiger wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm Respect to Louw for admitting it wasn’t a try. Disappointed with that result, as it’s one that we could have and should have won. On to next game, TV to score the winning try and get our season back on track :smt017
10 years ago maybe, but cannot understand this signing, I know we are getting desperate with injuries but this makes no sense to me :smt017
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bar our defence we were awful! Clueless in attack again,same mistakes wasting good ball and lineouts ,kicking the ball back as soon as we got it back,dilly dally Youngs half asleep again,need me to go on?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 pm

There are less points between 9th and 4th (4) than 9th last. (7). Get a grip people.
Yeah, 4th-12th are in a "relegation battle" and when Tigers beat Gloucester next week, depending on other results, 3rd to 12th will be in a "relegation battle".
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 pm I don't care about them,answer the question properly or dont bother!
I don't think we were "that poor" today.
we were utterly dominated in every aspect, Bath are no great shakes a better side scores several more tries today.

Ben Youngs needs to be dropped its seems like its been years we've been saying he plays much better for England than Tigers and its time he paid the price for that with his place in the team he sets too slow a tempo with his passes, receivers are often static waiting for the pass that should have already come and get stopped dead in their tracks by a defender.

Also his kicking is diabolical in both how he's kicking and when he is choosing to kick
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:11 pm How can a team rampacked with international,Lions,European,Super Rugby experience be that poor? Defies belief at times!
Because take the backs away and how many have that experience?
Genge (what 1/2 caps)
Kerr (No Caps)
Cole (lots of caps)
Wells (No caps)
Kitchener (1 cap I think)
Fitzgerald (0 caps)
O'Connor (0 Caps)
Kalamfoni (31 caps)

Polota-Nau (Lots of caps)
Ma'afu (55 caps)
Heyes (0 caps)
Williams (0 caps)
Evans (0 caps)

Not saying that caps are the be all and end all of a team BUT it's pretty obvious where the problems is.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 pm I don't care about them,answer the question properly or dont bother!
we were utterly dominated in every aspect, Bath are no great shakes a better side scores several more tries today.

Ben Youngs needs to be dropped its seems like its been years we've been saying he plays much better for England than Tigers and its time he paid the price for that with his place in the team he sets too slow a tempo with his passes, receivers are often static waiting for the pass that should have already come and get stopped dead in their tracks by a defender.

Also his kicking is diabolical in both how he's kicking and when he is choosing to kick
We will see next week.

currently Ben White looks on the whole a better player.
Last edited by RagingBull on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Spot on jimmyskitz,great post! BY is a busted flush,time to get rid after the WC!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Bath should have scored more tries but Tigers defence was so good that they didn't.