Bath next week ....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by TigerCam »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:08 pm No reason why we cant win, that's a good team and I don't see anything special in the Bath side.
Maybe nothing special agreed but they handled Wasps very well last weekend and they will want to put right the scoreline from last time out. Missing Guy and Will is a big loss, but I have my faith in Genge and Cole to make the set-piece the platform that will get the Tigers the win. I just Kerr and Co have perfected the lineout calls etc?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Genge should beast Thomas. Catt v Cole is a toss up,imo Catt is England's best scrummaging LH but Attwood is a massive loss for them,with Garvey in there we should really be able to get after them. Is this negated though by the loss of Spencer and using Kitchener instead of Williams? We shall see Sunday!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I guess I'm a Chiefs fan tonight,where's that wire brush and bleach?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

If we play the way we played against Quins, it should be a close game.
Will be cheering on Tigers from the stands!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

After tonight's game, LBP minimum to stay in contact with top 4.....TBH 4th place is all that is realistically up for grabs.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:48 pm After tonight's game, LBP minimum to stay in contact with top 4.....TBH 4th place is all that is realistically up for grabs.
Trying to be realistic rather than defeatist I think top 6 should be our aim. We are not in a position to challenge either of the top 2 sides away from home when they are at full strength and European top tier needs to be available to attract players
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Being realistic we are still looking down!! Wuss shouldn't get anything at AP but Newcastle could win at Bristol. I won't stop sweating till we hit 32-34 points!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

If it was up to me, I wouldn't be looking down. I'd be looking up and aiming for 3rd. We are 9 points away with Gloucester to come next week.

Let's aim for 3rd. If we aim for it and miss it, we may still get 4th.

Let's not keep looking behind us, it will slow us up. Let's pin our ears back and go as far as we can.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:08 pm No reason why we cant win, that's a good team and I don't see anything special in the Bath side.
This is my feeling too. Need to establish some momentum, and winning a second consecutive game against a very average Bath side is doable providing we don’t turn up with the attitude Exeter initially displayed last night
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Ah - but have we got the spirit and attitude ? . if we have the usual away game start we will be stuffed again - lets hope the talk has more substance than usual this weekend . Bath have got a good pack , but freddie can be a bit flaky as we well know and this is the sort of game we ought to win .
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I would prefer the team to just focus on one game at a time. If they start thinking about position at the end they wIil lose focus on what they need to do in each phase of each game. I would not be surprised to see Sarries and Exeter lose a few more. Both have been level pegging by winning all but when one lost the other did, and I wouldn't mind betting part of this was each being distracted by thinking they could go clear at the top.
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No more surprises please today! Saints is enough! 0 points for Wuss and Newcastle and I will sleep well whatever happens tomorrow
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 am No more surprises please today! Saints is enough! 0 points for Wuss and Newcastle and I will sleep well whatever happens tomorrow
+1 :smt023
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Just watched the Yorkshire Carnegie 'Ambush' move against Donny Knights. Wouldn't mind us using that tomorrow! :smt119
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wuss 2 tries up!!