Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by RagingBull »

Read the bit again it doesnt day any players are looking to escape

The situation is getting bleaker by the week, and with signs that there best talent is monitoring the situation with concern in order to look for any potential escape routes should they be needed, sunnier climes are not on the horizon.

I mean it’s a very OTT description of players will be worried about relegation and looking at plan b should it happen.

Which is pretty obvious.
Nothing about players trying to leave early.

If journos don’t put a name in its becuase generally they are using artistic license.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Traveller wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm Assuming the following teams:

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

I will let wiser heads than mine draw their own conclusions.

There are no conclusions to be drawn from a bunch of statistics. As someone once said, on paper we should win but we don't play on paper.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I would expect a stronger Quins side than the one Traveller has made, Ibitoye and Glynn might make the bench but I would be surprised to see especially the former start.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Luke Pearce is Sir - assisted by Craig Maxwell-Keys :smt019 and Peter Allan with David Grashoff as the real ref.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Newcastle at home last season, enough said :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

tigerssteve wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

There are no conclusions to be drawn from a bunch of statistics. As someone once said, on paper we should win but we don't play on paper.

Disagree. There are conclusions to be drawn. It is the most poorly coached XV in the premiership. I admire GM - but things have gone from bad to worse with him at the helm, because he has a really mediocre coaching team around him and he has no experience as a Head Coach. It is ludicrous to confirm his appointment.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stats don't have anything to do with it though.
It's pretty obvious a good player with 20 caps is better than say a poor player with 100 caps.

You want pointless stats, Statistically we are not as bad as we where last year in the prem the only area we are worst in is Defence.
We have
Won 3 prem games this season compared to 2 in the matching fixtures last season.
Gained 18 points this season compared to 13 in the matching fixtures last season.
We have scored 214 points this season compared to 189 points in the matching fixtures last season.
Defence is the one area we have massively balls up on and it was MOC who didn't want a defence coach.

Even in the European cup we are on par 6 points from the first 4 games.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Good news, boys and girls! I’m going to be at the Quins’ game, and the previous game I went to was the win against Llanelli Scarlets! A good omen to cling on to!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:28 pm Good news, boys and girls! I’m going to be at the Quins’ game, and the previous game I went to was the win against Llanelli Scarlets! A good omen to cling on to!
As you say - a good omen!

I'm pleased to say that SC will be in the Crumbie Stand - along with a number of little helpers all cheering the boys on! SC is a portly, jolly fellow who's partial to gin and very good at spending other people's money... :smt114
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Traveller wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:39 pm
tigerssteve wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am

Disagree. There are conclusions to be drawn. It is the most poorly coached XV in the premiership. I admire GM - but things have gone from bad to worse with him at the helm, because he has a really mediocre coaching team around him and he has no experience as a Head Coach. It is ludicrous to confirm his appointment.
You disagree but then don't point out the conclusions! What follows has absolutely nothing to do with the stats quoted. I agree totally with your conclusions, just not the way you arrived at them. My maths teacher said you should always show your workings.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 pm
Robespierre wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:28 pm Good news, boys and girls! I’m going to be at the Quins’ game, and the previous game I went to was the win against Llanelli Scarlets! A good omen to cling on to!

I'm pleased to say that SC will be in the Crumbie Stand - along with a number of little helpers all cheering the boys on! SC is a portly, jolly fellow who's partial to gin and very good at spending other people's money... :smt114
He's going to bring me a game of Monopoly for Christmas, I'm going to build some hotels. :smt046 :smt114
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:54 pm

He's going to bring me a game of Monopoly for Christmas, I'm going to build some hotels. :smt046 :smt114
Smurf asked for a cowboy outfit - so I made him Head Coach of Tigers! (Oh, come on - you were thinking it!) :smt111
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

You disagree but then don't point out the conclusions! What follows has absolutely nothing to do with the stats quoted. I agree totally with your conclusions, just not the way you arrived at them. My maths teacher said you should always show your workings.
[/quote]

Sorry. I don't quite understand the antagonism. I am sure we are both Tigers fans, who want the club and the team to thrive. I didn't think there was anything controversial in the stats I was highlighting. It simply reflects the scale of underperformance of the team, the woeful coaching and the lousy decision making at Board level.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Traveller wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 pm You disagree but then don't point out the conclusions! What follows has absolutely nothing to do with the stats quoted. I agree totally with your conclusions, just not the way you arrived at them. My maths teacher said you should always show your workings.
Sorry. I don't quite understand the antagonism. I am sure we are both Tigers fans, who want the club and the team to thrive. I didn't think there was anything controversial in the stats I was highlighting. It simply reflects the scale of underperformance of the team, the woeful coaching and the lousy decision making at Board level.
[/quote]

No antagonism intended, merely disagree with your premise. Agree underperforming. Agree lousy decision making. Agree woeful coaching. I just don't feel that the stats used in any way make those points. How does numbers of caps correlate to any of those? How does average age? Just trying to understand your logic is all.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

So if we hear some raucous singing and cheering (brought on by the gin) and turn around from our position on the terrace, we’ll clearly see SC and fellow choristers already in Christmas spirit!
Semper in excretia