Quins must win 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Spicer »

Genge, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Wells, Fitzgerald, O'Connor, Thompson, Youngs, Ford, May, Toomua, Tuilagi, Thompstone, Holmes(if not fit then Worth)

Kerr, Gigena, Cortes, Williams, Kalafmafoni, White, Worth, Olowofela
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Assuming the following teams:

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

I will let wiser heads than mine draw their own conclusions.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Traveller wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm Assuming the following teams:

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

My conclusion, which is the same as what I thought before your post, is that we are good enough to get 5 points.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Traveller wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm Assuming the following teams:

My conclusion, which is the same as what I thought before your post, is that we are good enough to get 5 points.
It's a sign of the times that my first thought was...

"Well - we're not going to win with just the one unconverted try!"
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Quins tries conceded this season in the premiership 20, (only Exeter and Saracens have conceded less).
Tigers tries conceded this season in the premiership 39.

Quins tries scored this season in the premiership 24.
Tigers tries scored this season in the premiership 22.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Genge
TPN
Cole
Williams
Spencer
Denton
Thompson
Kalamafoni
White
Ford
May
Toomua
Tuilagi
Holmes
Worth

Kerr, Gigena, Cortes, Wells, O'Connor, Youngs, Hardwick, Thompstone
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

Thanks for sharing SC. Can't disagree with what is said here.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's scary! We have to win Saturday,we lose and our confidence will be trashed beyond repair!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

Very interesting read, which players are looking to escape??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Watched live Quins beat Exeter the other week: Quins’ pack bullied the Chiefs’ pack with Marler and Sinckler very impressive. Their defence was excellent as was their kicking game. Their confidence is high and I saw the “ Sarries Wolfpack” mentality that Gustard has gradually installed. Will be down with lots of family from Lincolnshire and Wigan to cheer the team on but, realistically I can only see one result- a Quins bonus point win.
A win would make all the difference but a lot will depend on making a good start, no, excellent start and quickly getting on the side of the ref.
Sorry to be so pessimistic.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 pm

My guess 2 are May and Genge, from the looks on their faces!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

If we are relegated then I suspect a large number will look to escape. If we stay up then most of the big names are under contract for next season and we will either refuse or other teams will not be able to afford to buyout their contracts.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

What’s the point talking about caps? Give me team spirit any day. Quins have that at the moment, we don’t!

Of course we are good enough to win at home to Quins... it would be a sad day if that wasn’t ever the case! But on current form.... Plus they have the added incentive after the recent rumours we’ve been trying to steal Gustard.

Frankly it is hard to know where the next win is coming from.

Interesting stuff from George Ford on the ‘ups and downs’ of being a Tiger. ‘Ups’.... what were they ATM other than banking your pay cheque at the end of the month?

Worst Tigers side for a generation.... biggest shambles off the pitch ever.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:37 pm

My guess 2 are May and Genge, from the looks on their faces!
My guess too. Genge to either Bristol or Racing would be my guess.
As Good As It Gets