Quins must win 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Spicer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:50 am

Genge, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Wells, Fitzgerald, O'Connor, Thompson, Youngs, Ford, May, Toomua, Tuilagi, Thompstone, Holmes(if not fit then Worth)

Kerr, Gigena, Cortes, Williams, Kalafmafoni, White, Worth, Olowofela

Traveller
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Traveller » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Assuming the following teams:

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

I will let wiser heads than mine draw their own conclusions.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by ellis9 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Traveller wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm
Assuming the following teams:

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

I will let wiser heads than mine draw their own conclusions.
My conclusion, which is the same as what I thought before your post, is that we are good enough to get 5 points.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by strawclearer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Traveller wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm
Assuming the following teams:

Harlequins: Brown, Ibitoye, Marchant, Saili, Earle, Lang, Care, Marler, Ward, Sinckler, Glynn, Merrick, Dombrandt, Clifford, Chisholm (capt).

Tigers: Holmes, May, Thompstone, Tuilagi, Toomua, Ford, Youngs, Genge, PTN, Cole, Spencer, Kitchener, Kalifamone, O’Connor, Fitzgerald.

Tigers will field 411 full caps compared to Quins 241. Tigers back line will have 237 international caps, compared to Quins 158. The packs 174 / 83. Including Brown for Quins and Cole for Leicester, four of the Quins side are current internationals, compared to nine of the Tigers.

Nine of the Quins side (have no full international experience) compared to four Tigers. The average age of the Quins team will be 25.8 years compared to Tigers 28. Kingston / Rowntree and Co were fired at the end of last season.

I will let wiser heads than mine draw their own conclusions.
My conclusion, which is the same as what I thought before your post, is that we are good enough to get 5 points.
It's a sign of the times that my first thought was...

"Well - we're not going to win with just the one unconverted try!"
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

drc_007
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3187
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by drc_007 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Quins tries conceded this season in the premiership 20, (only Exeter and Saracens have conceded less).
Tigers tries conceded this season in the premiership 39.

Quins tries scored this season in the premiership 24.
Tigers tries scored this season in the premiership 22.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Genge
TPN
Cole
Williams
Spencer
Denton
Thompson
Kalamafoni
White
Ford
May
Toomua
Tuilagi
Holmes
Worth

Kerr, Gigena, Cortes, Wells, O'Connor, Youngs, Hardwick, Thompstone

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by strawclearer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm

A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by voice of the crumbie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:09 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm
A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Thanks for sharing SC. Can't disagree with what is said here.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Scott1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:13 pm

It's scary! We have to win Saturday,we lose and our confidence will be trashed beyond repair!

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2858
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: WIGSTON FIELDS

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by WiggoTiger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm
A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Very interesting read, which players are looking to escape??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!

Ian Cant
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Ian Cant » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Watched live Quins beat Exeter the other week: Quins’ pack bullied the Chiefs’ pack with Marler and Sinckler very impressive. Their defence was excellent as was their kicking game. Their confidence is high and I saw the “ Sarries Wolfpack” mentality that Gustard has gradually installed. Will be down with lots of family from Lincolnshire and Wigan to cheer the team on but, realistically I can only see one result- a Quins bonus point win.
A win would make all the difference but a lot will depend on making a good start, no, excellent start and quickly getting on the side of the ref.
Sorry to be so pessimistic.

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by LE18 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:37 pm

WiggoTiger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm
A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Very interesting read, which players are looking to escape??
My guess 2 are May and Genge, from the looks on their faces!

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3251
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by sam16111986 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:02 pm

WiggoTiger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm
A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Very interesting read, which players are looking to escape??
If we are relegated then I suspect a large number will look to escape. If we stay up then most of the big names are under contract for next season and we will either refuse or other teams will not be able to afford to buyout their contracts.

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by MrPartridge » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 pm

What’s the point talking about caps? Give me team spirit any day. Quins have that at the moment, we don’t!

Of course we are good enough to win at home to Quins... it would be a sad day if that wasn’t ever the case! But on current form.... Plus they have the added incentive after the recent rumours we’ve been trying to steal Gustard.

Frankly it is hard to know where the next win is coming from.

Interesting stuff from George Ford on the ‘ups and downs’ of being a Tiger. ‘Ups’.... what were they ATM other than banking your pay cheque at the end of the month?

Worst Tigers side for a generation.... biggest shambles off the pitch ever.

Scuttle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Scuttle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 pm

LE18 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:37 pm
WiggoTiger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm
A harsh, uncompromising assessment as we approach the Quins game.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 87766.html
Very interesting read, which players are looking to escape??
My guess 2 are May and Genge, from the looks on their faces!
My guess too. Genge to either Bristol or Racing would be my guess.
As Good As It Gets

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anz3001, Dr H Flashman MBE and 2 guests