Attendance today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Attendance today

Post by WiggoTiger »

Does today's low fan turnout start to reflect the negative feel around the club. A massive must win game and the ground is empty in many areas of the ground, I heard club were selling tickets for a £5 to try and get people through the turnstiles.
I feel next Saturday will be even worse on attendance as Christmas shopping looks more attractive on present form. :smt010
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance today

Post by Scott1 »

I had a ticket and didn't even go! Ok I did have a skinful last night but was up and at em and just couldn't be bothered! Sad really but the game was a foregone conclusion.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:14 pm I had a ticket and didn't even go! Ok I did have a skinful last night but was up and at em and just couldn't be bothered! Sad really but the game was a foregone conclusion.
If we had been playing with pride and winning would you have turned up??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's not even the winning,I'm far from a glory hunter. Not that you're implying it but the last fourish years have really took it out of me as a fan,it does.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm It's not even the winning,I'm far from a glory hunter. Not that you're implying it but the last fourish years have really took it out of me as a fan,it does.
TBH that's been my feeling especially this season. I've seen Tigers through thick and thin but I agree that the last 5 years have been mega average.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s Christmas some people can’t attend, people used to put Tigers’ 1st but given current form they decide no I’ll do shopping instead or go to that birthday meal etc. Certainly not glory-hunters.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:12 pm Does today's low fan turnout start to reflect the negative feel around the club. A massive must win game and the ground is empty in many areas of the ground, I heard club were selling tickets for a £5 to try and get people through the turnstiles.
I feel next Saturday will be even worse on attendance as Christmas shopping looks more attractive on present form. :smt010
Love what you did there, "present" form, Christmas shopping. Excellent!
tripeandonions
Tiger Cub

Post by tripeandonions »

Couple of weeks ago looked at prices for a terrace ticket for Quins game. £30. No thanks
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

13:00 Sunday K.O. Very family friendly.......
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Evilad

Post by Evilad »

tripeandonions wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:49 pm Couple of weeks ago looked at prices for a terrace ticket for Quins game. £30. No thanks
And that's why I won't travel from Norfolk. I've got friends that are desperate to come to a game, but can't/ won't justify extortionate prices, based on who the opposition are, rather than where you want to watch from. A couple of seasons ago, every game was a sell out, now fans are voting with their wallets and stands are emptying rapidly.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm It's not even the winning,I'm far from a glory hunter. Not that you're implying it but the last fourish years have really took it out of me as a fan,it does.
TBH that's been my feeling especially this season. I've seen Tigers through thick and thin but I agree that the last 5 years have been mega average.
mega average is a nice way of putting it - IMO the last 5 years have been a complete disaster for a club that has the largest support in the prem.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

If I want to watch embarassing defeats I can just watch Theresa May for free in the House of Commons. No need to fork out and stand in the cold to do that.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
EarlofShilton

Post by EarlofShilton »

I travelled from South Cambridgeshire today for the match, with my son who was attending his first Tigers match. During booking there were very few seats available in a block of 3 (we were meeting up with a friend) and the game looked like it would be a sell out as even single seats were few and far between. In the ground though there were big gaps all over the place. I think this is a shame, a full house would really have drowned out the French supporters. Who knows, the extra support/encouragement may have had a positive effect on the scoreline.

£39 for adult seats is a bit steep, but I applaud the club for the £1 promotion for kids. Lots of other parents seemed to have taken up this offer too. Perhaps something to consider for every game.
I was there...
Cardiff '97
Paris '01
Cardiff '02
RichG
Tiger Cub

Post by RichG »

I don’t know how many season ticket holders received the same email as myself a couple of weeks ago, but I was able to bring a friend for free. All 3 of our season tickets allowed one free ticket - sadly on that performance today I suspect none of them will be in a hurry to buy a ticket for a game.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:40 pm If I want to watch embarassing defeats I can just watch Theresa May for free in the House of Commons. No need to fork out and stand in the cold to do that.
You could sit down instead. :smt023