Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Dear Murphs

Post by G.K »

Dear Mr Murphy,

Your application for the position of head coach at Leicester Football Club has not been succesful and your trial period has now ended, effective immediate.

We would like to thank you for your efforts and wish you luck in your future career.

Best Regards
Leicester Tigers
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dear Murphs

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Not sure that would bring any stability.
I fact I would suggest it would capsized an already unstable ship.
Also who comes in?
There is never any points for 2nd place...
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Am afraid I would have to agree, along with all the other so called Coaching staff except Boris.
Plus Messrs Cohen and Glyn
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Don't agree.

But Cohen and Glynn have got what they wanted which is to turn the supporters on Murphy.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

The issue is more change. We change coach again, we have a bit of dead cat bounce and then back to this sore of result. It is counter productive and means we will bring in more players next year starting again. We have to keep the faith (no pun intended) and try and get through this season. Any more change won’t help turn this around.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Absolutely agree! As for being unstable,a top DOR would fix it! It's in their arsenal,that's why they are top DORs lol
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm Absolutely agree! As for being unstable,a top DOR would fix it! It's in their arsenal,that's why they are top DORs lol
You can have a top DOR without sacking the Head coach though.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok, I get what your saying, however who? I think a DOR would help, but it can’t be a knee jerk reaction. Look what happened with the arrival of MOC. Needs to be a proper process and not scouting or scouring the earth one...
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:30 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm Absolutely agree! As for being unstable,a top DOR would fix it! It's in their arsenal,that's why they are top DORs lol
not if the head coach wanted the DOR job, even without meaning too it will cause a division of loyalty within the squad, we've had that with Cockrill with 2 head coaches and it didn't work

someone of you need to get it out of your head that stability is a magic wand it only works if you have the right man and Murphy isn't the right man
Last edited by Jimmy Skitz on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No RB,for me it has to be an absolute clearout. Murphy could be an ally to certain players. There's still a divide there for me and that needs eradicating,that's why it needs to be a DOR with his own none Tigers team.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

There's talk out there that certain players got Cockers the sack,then other players got their own back by getting Mauger binned. Then players deciding it was a great idea to not employ Van Graan, Ackermann and Plumtree and have their mate MoC back then the players according to Cohen have yet to decide who they want as their defence coach. All these stories could be complete nonsense but theres no smoke without fire for me and I think there's serious problems at our club.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:34 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:30 pm
not if the head coach wanted the DOR job, even without meaning too it will cause a division of loyalty within the squad, we've had that with Cockrill with 2 head coaches and it didn't work

someone of you need to get it out of your head that stability is a magic wand it only works if you have the right man and Murphy isn't the right man
and some of you need to get it out of your head that a fairy godmother is waiting in the wings to turn this club around in less than 4 months with a wave of their fairy wand.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes a complete failure the last time the so called expert 'consultants' scoured the Earth, we ended up with numpty MoC.

However there is hope as I believe that, having exhausted all possibilities on this planet, they have now succesfully landed a probe on Mars which is currently busy seeking out Rugby coaches I believe?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:38 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:34 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:30 pm You can have a top DOR without sacking the Head coach though.

and some of you need to get it out of your head that a fairy godmother is waiting in the wings to turn this club around in less than 4 months with a wave of their fairy wand.
who said anything about it being a quick fix? but Geordan Murphy has been a large part of the problem and is showing he is not capable of fixing it
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:34 pm No RB,for me it has to be an absolute clearout. Murphy could be an ally to certain players. There's still a divide there for me and that needs eradicating,that's why it needs to be a DOR with his own none Tigers team.
I disagree slightly with you, The new DoR has to have his own coaches, whomever they are, if he for example wanted to bring back Graham Rowntree then you cannot say no just because he is an ex Tiger
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 pm There's talk out there that certain players got Cockers the sack,then other players got their own back by getting Mauger binned. Then players deciding it was a great idea to not employ Van Graan, Ackermann and Plumtree and have their mate MoC back then the players according to Cohen have yet to decide who they want as their defence coach. All these stories could be complete nonsense but theres no smoke without fire for me and I think there's serious problems at our club.
Actually the BOD/Rugby committee came up with the requirements that got MOC the job certain players just backed it.
Also Plumtree was never in the talks, he's always been eyeing up a super rugby head coach job. (Although I would've loved him here)

But yeh their is a group of players who have given themselves way to much sway with the Board and Cohen.