Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Post by ellis9 »

mol2 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:31 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:05 pm Thanks! Can you disallow it though if kick is taken? Foul play perhaps?
Foul play is I think reason to go back if the conversion kick has been taken quickly. That does assume the ref has already awarded the try. If he hasn't then presumably you can't convert a try that hasn't yet been awarded.

Otherwise it is normally 2 phases (may be wrong on that)
You definitely can't take a conversion if a try hasn't been awarded!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

What did we think of the stadium? I thought it looked great on the TV but not sure its very good for a Rugby match. Oz had mentioned the lack of air before and the players seemed to be blowing quite early on.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 am
BFG wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 pm
ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am

Well if Youngs starts on Sunday, we will have a top half back pairing.

I also think you're being very harsh! Ford had a superb game and Ben White was excellent.
Harsh are the fine margins between winning and losing.
Ford kicking dead and a White grubbering into touch when we were near their 22 were two if the worst. :smt013
Anyway you think that's harsh, I might have to redecorate before Christmas now, my handling is about as straight as Racing's with pizza aimed at the telly now all over the lounge wall.
At least when Manu and Genge were carded I could blame the Welsh, no offence to any speakers of the native tongue!
So one mistake each? Definitely harsh.
To answer your question, no!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

drc_007 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:58 am
POSTIGER wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm After today's game I think the need to acquire a good defence coach ASAP was further magnified. Our attack looked very good at times and we troubled a quality side but we still conceded 30+ points yet again. If we can tighten up then we will be a threat again.
36 missed tackles, it has to be sorted out if Tigers want to be competitive.
Yep.100%
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm

I agree regarding the kicking, not good enough from White and Ford.
If Leicester had a top half back pairing today I think they could've won that, Racing were so loose and lazy to defend, they left so many one v one, two v two and three v three's to attack, let alone the occasional easy available overlap.

I also think you're being very harsh! Ford had a superb game and Ben White was excellent.
Ford kicking dead and a White grubbering into touch when we were near their 22 were two if the worst. :smt013
Anyway you think that's harsh, I might have to redecorate before Christmas now, my handling is about as straight as Racing's with pizza aimed at the telly now all over the lounge wall.
At least when Manu and Genge were carded I could blame the Welsh, no offence to any speakers of the native tongue!
You can't knock White. He had a marvellous game and mostly kicked pretty well.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

tigerssteve wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:26 pm

PS. The two specific times mentioned were largely down to the stupid carpet they play on. Ford's especially would never have gone dead on grass. The pitch gives Racing a distinct advantage, no doubt. Also the question of footwear. At least four slips by Tigers to zero for Racing. Rugby is an outdoor game player on grass, or at least some grass.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

interesting to hear Healey saying that the plaggy pitch had been heavily watered on the day of the match, and it's probable effect on humidity. I wonder if it also made the surface slippy, and if so, were Racing wearing longer studs?
Last edited by loretta on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Good player and a very good passer of a ball but lacks pace off the mark for me, that's not a criticism solely aimed at him by the way as I think it's symptomatic of all the 9's.
I think Tigers have missed a trick in recent times in not having enough direct pace straight off the ruck.
With the amount of rucks in a match it's worth quite a few line breaks and line breaks are extremely difficult to come by.
Just my opinion but never limit your game.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Good player and a very good passer of a ball but lacks pace off the mark for me, that's not a criticism solely aimed at him by the way as I think it's symptomatic of all the 9's.
I think Tigers have missed a trick in recent times in not having enough direct pace straight off the ruck.
With the amount of rucks in a match it's worth quite a few line breaks and line breaks are extremely difficult to come by.
I've seen him make breaks and score tries previously. I don't know whether he's just not finding gaps to go through or whether he's playing it a bit safe whilst he acclimatises to senior rugby. Having said that I don't think he's rapid.

We've had Ben Youngs at 9 in recent years and he's very quick and that hasn't helped us particularly.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:52 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm

I've seen him make breaks and score tries previously. I don't know whether he's just not finding gaps to go through or whether he's playing it a bit safe whilst he acclimatises to senior rugby. Having said that I don't think he's rapid.

We've had Ben Youngs at 9 in recent years and he's very quick and that hasn't helped us particularly.
BY does the two step and go, very good change of pace.
I'm refering to straight off the heels around those rucks.
There were lots of opportunities to break the line in that area against Racing on Sunday.
It would transform the Leicester team in my opinion, once defence is turned they are as good as anyone but they just don't offer enough of a line break threat in that half back area and in particular off rucks at 9, just my opinion.
We could always just go and buy the expensive half of the Sarries pack and Owen Farrell instead!