cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Post by G.K »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm Embarassment at tackling and defence time again. As usual put our selves in with a chance and we blow it yet again. Sadly we are a major spent force in Europe.
Is GM the option for success.... Maybe not tbh.
Always second best, I'd add to the above too much poor kicking and poor lineout and tactics. Same thing week in week out for years now. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

We can all slate the performances of late and in.particular our attack, as we've looked impotent at times with ball in hand, but who before play would have said we'd come away with a TBP and finish within 10 of Racing on their own patch??
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

25tiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 pm Didn’t want to repost another moan about Owens but checking the try after the conversion has been taken, forward passes galore, NFL style blocking and Racing Metros ‘impeccable discipline’.... this is starting to become a bit of a joke
Owens and the laws of rugby have never been well acquainted. Top referee? :smt043
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

Worth mentioning that we had 2 very good performances from our 2 Australian Internationals today. Whilst I understand why their commitment to the cause has been questioned in recent times, they certainly played for the shirt today.

Also very pleased with Ben White, George Ford and Adam Thompstone’s performances today. Particularly with Ford and Thompstone we saw that form is always a temporary thing and class does always shine through at some point.

I believe we will continue to improve under GM and as supporters we can do our bit by making some noise next week from minute one.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm Embarassment at tackling and defence time again. As usual put our selves in with a chance and we blow it yet again. Sadly we are a major spent force in Europe.
Is GM the option for success.... Maybe not tbh.
Always second best, I'd add to the above too much poor kicking and poor lineout and tactics. Same thing week in week out for years now. :smt009
I agree regarding the kicking, not good enough from White and Ford.
If Leicester had a top half back pairing today I think they could've won that, Racing were so loose and lazy to defend, they left so many one v one, two v two and three v three's to attack, let alone the occasional easy available overlap.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:28 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:57 pm I really worry about some people anti Nigel rants, I think some are not rugby related at all. :smt018
There are far worse refs than him, he refs the same every match....play to the ref....simples.
No ranting here just stating things as I saw them. He always officiates over an exciting game and there’s plenty worse out there, I just think he refs to his own laws sometimes not those of the game
Mark62 - the fact that he refs to his own laws rather than those of the game is, by definition, a bad referee.. If he refs to his own laws how on earth do either team know what the hell he's going to blow up for next.
Give blood, play rugby!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

George Ford in the 70th minute!! Pure class. Superb kick, excellent chase and sublime presence of mind to take the quick line out to bag a bons point try.

If that was Danny Cipriani, everyone would be wetting themselves!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:10 pm George Ford in the 70th minute!! Pure class. Superb kick, excellent chase and sublime presence of mind to take the quick line out to bag a bons point try.

Ha not wrong there. Moment of great awareness from Ford to set up that try!
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

So good to read some positive comments...
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:57 pm I really worry about some people anti Nigel rants, I think some are not rugby related at all. :smt018
There are far worse refs than him, he refs the same every match....play to the ref....simples.
He's been going downhill for the last 2 or 3 years at least (same as Romain Poite IMO) - probably should have retired after the last world cup rather than sticking out for 2019.

Given his improvement over the last 2 or 3 years it's a shame Wayne is retiring after 2019
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:10 pm George Ford in the 70th minute!! Pure class. Superb kick, excellent chase and sublime presence of mind to take the quick line out to bag a bons point try.

Foot in play on the throw in?
How many forward passes by Racing before the intercept?
:smt017
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Ford was brilliant today. Manu looks leaner and faster so let’s hope he stays fit. Forwards held their own and surely at some point our luck with injuries and refs decisions will change. Owens wasn’t the cause of our defeat but he did have a poor game as Oz and Ben Kay stated. The losing bonus point was on until Owens somehow mistook Will Evans’ head for his hands.
Ford did a great job calming down Genge too when he was harshly carded because Owen’s communication with the Tigers’ players was poor.
If, we can perform with greater discipline and keep more players fit then hopefully we can start winning again.
Europe isn’t the priority as The Premiership is where we do need results.
Win next week will, however, obviously boost confidence and then if we win 2 out of 3 of the next Premiership games and injuries clear up, Europe can be the focus again.
Geordan is the man and with patience a better backing will do us proud.
The players today put pride in the shirt. Keep on improving.
Ford has to be the full time captain. He spoke well to Owens’ and on another day will get more decisions go our way.
Oh and foot over the line for the thrown in from Ford! I have rarely seen any hooker in any game keep even one foot behind! Great thinking by Ford and Thomo. Keep it up lads.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

HantsTiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm Why is it whenever we are losing or have lost some posters on here blame the ref, to many have a one eyed view, most ref decisions even themselves out over a match, stop blaming the ref for our inadequacies.
If you're going to give a yellow to Genge when the breakdown collasped into the scrum, note the front row were still bound when viewed from above, then it needs to be the correct call. I've watched us press the self destruct button all season and I don't for a second believe that Owens is to blame for us not defending but we're accountable for our mistakes and he should be too.
100%. Why is TMO there? If not to point out errors, or at least suggest a second look then he's redundant. Genge was clearly hard done by. Manu not. Stupid and two tries conceded.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

tigerssteve wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:36 pm
HantsTiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm Why is it whenever we are losing or have lost some posters on here blame the ref, to many have a one eyed view, most ref decisions even themselves out over a match, stop blaming the ref for our inadequacies.
If you're going to give a yellow to Genge when the breakdown collasped into the scrum, note the front row were still bound when viewed from above, then it needs to be the correct call. I've watched us press the self destruct button all season and I don't for a second believe that Owens is to blame for us not defending but we're accountable for our mistakes and he should be too.
100%. Why is TMO there? If not to point out errors, or at least suggest a second look then he's redundant. Genge was clearly hard done by. Manu not. Stupid and two tries conceded.
You say stupid, but how many forward passes were Racing allowed!
Time to do away with the deliberate knock on and make players pass backwards!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 pm Certainly a lot of effort and commitment from the "team" today, they were not helped by 2 yellow cards, I have never been a fan of Nigel, but the classic ball in the face knock on takes the first prize. :smt005
Well done boys, errors will always be made but that one vital element, commitment, was there today, we could have won this!
Bang on! They were proper Tigers today.