cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

beech

Re: cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Post by beech »

In the past I have had great respect for Nigel Owens but after today's performance it is time he retired.
tf22
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Most refs would have told Genge to leave the ball, in Owen’s defence Genge got up very quickly. But my word, there’s the biggest TV screen ever in front of your face showing a replay that there was no knock-on. Discipline needs to improve still, but a great try from Manu, and intelliegent rugby from Ford.

That was also Fitzgerald’s best performance in a while. Spencer was physical, I thought Kalamafoni was a bit below par despite his try.

I think that replacement hooker might get into trouble for that arm grab on Smith, I’ll be very surprised that it isn’t broken and while not deliberate it was definitely reckless.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Excellent performance, unlucky with a couple of decisions and the fact that Racing scored 3 of their tries when we were down to 14 men says it all. What a performance by Ben White. Fast ball made all the difference. Tried to force it at the end in search of a losing bonus point which probably cost us the bonus point. Looking forward to the return at Welford Road. Our European Dream isn't over yet......
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm Ben White is a lot better than I thought he was going to be.
Massive shift from him.

That was a performance we can build upon, whether or not we do it remains to be seen.
Watching him this season I thought he had a good footballing brain and all the skills required. What frustrated me (and everyone else) was how pedestrian he was and how all the tempo drifted away with him at 9. Today that wasn't the case, his game management looked so much better. If he keeps developing that side of his game he'll do well for us.

Best performance this season? Could be. Defence still needs some work but there was at least a degree of cohesion this week. In attack we looked pretty good.

Owens missed a lot and his inconsistencies were frustrating. You know you'll get an open game with him so at least there's always entertainment. How we didn't get a single offside penalty with their defensive line in front of the back foot for most of the last 15 minutes.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

An offensive remark has been removed and is not acceptable on the forum.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

While there may have been some rough decisions on the Tigers it was indiscipline again that put the Tigers under pressure. As Geordie eluded to before the game, discipline was paramount against R92. I thought the Tigers played well and seemed to have a structured purpose this time out with Genge, White and Manu lighting things up. A 4 trys to 5 loss will make the return game at WR interesting if the Tigers can keep 15 players on the pitch?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm An offensive remark has been removed and is not acceptable on the forum.
Quite agree. Incompetent would have sufficed.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Proud of the lads today thanks all for the effort they did us proud :smt001
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Excellent performance some ropey decisions from Nigel but 4 tries there is not to be sniffed at.

Something to build on good to see the players backing up their words this week with actions
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

25tiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 pm Didn’t want to repost another moan about Owens but checking the try after the conversion has been taken, forward passes galore, NFL style blocking and Racing Metros ‘impeccable discipline’.... this is starting to become a bit of a joke
To be fair ,Owens didn’t know the conversion had been Kicked. I like NO as a ref but that wasn’t his best performance. Racing throw an awful lot of “flat” passes
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Who do we have who is fit to come into the backs?
Hardwick
J.Ford
Harrison

Hopefully Worth, Olowofela or Aspland-Robinson might be fit.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I really worry about some people anti Nigel rants, I think some are not rugby related at all. :smt018
There are far worse refs than him, he refs the same every match....play to the ref....simples.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Whilst not all there, it was enough to convince me there are green shoots - thought Ben White acquired himself well and at times Toomua was scintillating.
Enough there to leave home early next week and enjoy a hearty breakfast before the game. Looking forwards to more of the same with a slightly more favourable result! Hoping Jonah is for and well. Well done!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I nearly threw something at the telly when the ball was kicked away with it clearly on to run the ball, espeicially first half.
Racing give teams chances.
Good performance from Leicester, really gritty, but those poor decisions on occasions are costly.
Toomua, pure class!
Genge with Manu latched on, great to watch!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:57 pm I really worry about some people anti Nigel rants, I think some are not rugby related at all. :smt018
There are far worse refs than him, he refs the same every match....play to the ref....simples.
No ranting here just stating things as I saw them. He always officiates over an exciting game and there’s plenty worse out there, I just think he refs to his own laws sometimes not those of the game