Tigers' decline

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers' decline

Post by G.K »

Baz wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:44 am This forum might be great for letting off steam, but, it's patently obvious that no one of consequence reads it. Might I suggest that fans who feel as disgusted as I do about the decline of our club, invest 5 minutes and a stamp, in writing a letter, expressing that disgust, to Peter Tom or Simon Cohen. If everyone who professes to feel strongly about the issue actually did this, I'm sure the message would get across.
I disagree - I read it.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

:smt023 :smt003
G.K wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Baz wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:44 am This forum might be great for letting off steam, but, it's patently obvious that no one of consequence reads it. Might I suggest that fans who feel as disgusted as I do about the decline of our club, invest 5 minutes and a stamp, in writing a letter, expressing that disgust, to Peter Tom or Simon Cohen. If everyone who professes to feel strongly about the issue actually did this, I'm sure the message would get across.
I disagree - I read it.
:smt003 :smt023 Beat me to it!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

I think we have tried enough coaches over recent years to know that is not the immediate solution.

I believe our biggest problem has been the negotiation of contracts and recruiting of both players and coaches. We have not used our salary cap as well as other clubs and have been unable to attract enough of the players we have wanted. We have also I believe lost players we wanted to keep and found current players wanting more money to stay that we were prepared to pay them. The truth is once you have identified who you wish to bring in and who to retain, the key skill to be successful in getting the best value from a salary cap is to be able to sell. Neither our current Head of Operations or MD come across as people who have sales skills as a strength.

I am also concerned about the current culture at the club. I don't believe we now have a culture that players want to join unless you pay top price for them. By contrast both Exeter and Sarries have strong club cultures that mean aspiring and established players want to be part of those teams. We used to have an attractive culture but I suspect that is no longer the case. This is clearly the responsibility of the MD.

I believe to turn the club around we need a strong leader (MD) who creates the sort of club culture that players want to be a part of. We also need whoever does the contracts and recruiting of coaches and players to be somebody who can sell this revitalised club culture. Once players are sold on staying or joining and the terms agreed then you need the services of a lawyer to put together the contract. In my business experience lawyers make the worst negotiators as they are typically unable to sell and tend to dictate terms.

BTW I have just signed the petition as the BoD is responsible for appointing the MD to run the club. However I fear things will have to get worse before they will eventually act and enable us to stop the decline of recent years.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Once were Tigers, now we have a lot of people who play for Tigers.
I'm not cynical just experienced