If you support a club.....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

If you support a club.....

Post by ellis9 »

If you support a club for its legends, one day, those legends will retire.

If you support a club for its stars, one day, those stars will depart.

If you support a club for its glory, there will come dark days that will test your loyalty.

If you support a club because its crest is engraved on your heart, then no matter how many legends and stars leave and no matter how dark those dark days are, your devotion will remain unbroken.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: If you support a club.....

Post by fortysix »

Have another drink or three. we are all Tigers fanatics.

Just a pity we have a :censored: Board and :censored: Coaches except Boris .

And a load of journeymen and one or two established internationals who were not bought up with the Tigers passion.

End of.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Another drink? I've not touched a drop today.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

fortysix wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:15 pm Have another drink or three. we are all Tigers fanatics.

Just a pity we have a :censored: Board and :censored: Coaches except Boris .

And a load of journeymen and one or two established internationals who were not bought up with the Tigers passion.

End of.
+1

Sadly Ellis must be a Happy Clapper :smt030 :smt030 :smt038 :smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Craig Newby tweeted this:

“The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” @LeicesterTigers I stand with you.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Loyalty is not a one way street, it works both ways ie fans loyalty to support the club through thick and thin and loyalty from the players to perform to the best of their ability.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 pm Loyalty is not a one way street, it works both ways ie fans loyalty to support the club through thick and thin and loyalty from the players to perform to the best of their ability.
To be honest, we support Leicester Tigers, the club. They have given us some amazing moments and memories over the years. I think the club deserves our loyalty but to be honest, that's what being a supporter is, you're loyal to the club, no matter how good or bad things are.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:02 pm
If you support a club because its crest is engraved on your heart, then no matter how many legends and stars leave and no matter how dark those dark days are, your devotion will remain unbroken.
Does the removal from the shirts of the Leicester Crest coincide with the demise of our great club and the introduction of the Tiger motif? There are not many in the whole club deserving the motif let alone the Leicester Crest engraved on their hearts! :smt017
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

I don't post here often but, following the Bristol game, thought I'd throw in my threeha'pence, for what it's worth.

I live in Oxfordshire. Coming to Welford Rd is a 180mi round trip. Now retired, I have to pay for that diesel. Why don't I support Chinnor, a mile away & doing rather well?

Because I was born & went to school in Leicester. 'Me mam' was born & grew up in the slums near Filbert St. Because Tigers, the City & the County were the teams I came to watch as a kid. I convinced my wife, a Hampshire lass, that Tigers were the best club in the world & we've had STs in the Crumbie, up from the WRd 22, for many years.

Because this is our team. We remember the glory years; they will come again. I don't know when or how, we come to WRd now more with hope than expectation, as it was in Johnno's day, but always with hope.

I will renew our ST next year. I shall grumble and shout "wake up, Leicester" when we do something brainf*rt stupid (again) but I'll make myself hoarse shouting them on too.

When I get depressed I'll look at my photo of the old scoreboard: Tigers 22 S Africa 17. We were there... No, we can't live in the past but it's not my job to run this club, coach or play. My job is to turn up & shout and, if it goes toes up & we're playing Ealing & Cornish Pirates next year, sobeit.

It's still my club. And, when we start winning trophies again, it'll be all the sweeter for having stuck with them through the murk.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

PGD wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:38 am I don't post here often but, following the Bristol game, thought I'd throw in my threeha'pence, for what it's worth.

It's still my club. And, when we start winning trophies again, it'll be all the sweeter for having stuck with them through the murk.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I don't think it's disloyal to feel let down by the current state of the club, I love my Tigers and always will but I was beating my steering wheel to death and turning the air blue this afternoon and I'm not ashamed to admit it. We are better than this, and we will be better than this in days to come, but man alive does it hurt at the moment.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

PGD wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:38 am I don't post here often but, following the Bristol game, thought I'd throw in my threeha'pence, for what it's worth.

I live in Oxfordshire. Coming to Welford Rd is a 180mi round trip. Now retired, I have to pay for that diesel. Why don't I support Chinnor, a mile away & doing rather well?

Because I was born & went to school in Leicester. 'Me mam' was born & grew up in the slums near Filbert St. Because Tigers, the City & the County were the teams I came to watch as a kid. I convinced my wife, a Hampshire lass, that Tigers were the best club in the world & we've had STs in the Crumbie, up from the WRd 22, for many years.

Because this is our team. We remember the glory years; they will come again. I don't know when or how, we come to WRd now more with hope than expectation, as it was in Johnno's day, but always with hope.

I will renew our ST next year. I shall grumble and shout "wake up, Leicester" when we do something brainf*rt stupid (again) but I'll make myself hoarse shouting them on too.

When I get depressed I'll look at my photo of the old scoreboard: Tigers 22 S Africa 17. We were there... No, we can't live in the past but it's not my job to run this club, coach or play. My job is to turn up & shout and, if it goes toes up & we're playing Ealing & Cornish Pirates next year, sobeit.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt045
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You may not post on here often but this post is perfect!

This is exactly what being a supporter is all about.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

PGD you have said all that is necessary to be said. I agree whole heartedly with all you say. :smt023
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Gremlinp

Post by Gremlinp »

Hi all

This is the first time I have posted after many years reading the forum. I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years now and health permitting always will be. Tigers are my club and it hurts at the moment. Supporting a club has its highs and lows and we have previously been spoilt so like you all i will celebrate the good days and moan like hell on the bad days that is part of my love of the Tigers. I will be there in my seat every match i can, always trying to help the guys wearing the shirt. The above is all i can do as a supporter so my request is simple i cannot sort out the situation that my great club is in but to those who can please do so as soon as possible we are running out of chances and it hurts.