Bristol v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:17 pm I'll probably get dragged through a hedge for this but it has to be asked- how long can Murphy be allowed to continue? It doesn't appear thst he's got what it takes, this is just ghastly.
The board did say that barring a disaster, Murphy would be allowed to the end of the season. Well surely this is a disaster and he either needs to go or needs help in the form of a new forwards and defence coach. Plus an experienced DOR beside him like Ford or Venter.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:19 pm The only up side is we know where we are now and that is in a relegation dog fight. Anyone who says we are not shows the captian of their brain ship is drunk at the wheel. We have been bonus point defeated by the newly promoted team after losing all our cup games and losing at home to Sarries (no disgrace that). We are in trouble make no bones about it.
Yes it's hard to think of a worse team in the Prem than us. Maybe Saints, but that's about it. We are definitely in a potential relegation battle unless there is a transformation in form, coaching and attitude.
Soggypitch
Baz

Post by Baz »

Bottom of the table 41 Tigers "All stars" 10. If there is anyone out there who is not embarrassed by this, please tell me what you're on, because I'd like some! I've been making the same point for some time, and keep getting lectures from the "let's just get behind them" brigade. Frankly, I don't know what that means. I'm in my 70's. and have been supporting Tigers for 63 years; most of my pension goes on supporting them, I don't know what else I can do. Something is DEEPLY wrong at my club, at the very top, I suspect. The name "Tigers" now evokes laughter, rather than respect. I still believe that GM does not have the right personality to make winners of a squad of talented players. I wish I had a solution.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Baz I’m as devastated as the next person, but we still support the boys surely, even though the squad is on its knees and devoid of ideas !? If we dropped to National 1 I’d still support them.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Devoid of ideas? That's the understatement of the millenium :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm Baz I’m as devastated as the next person, but we still support the boys surely, even though the squad is on its knees and devoid of ideas !? If we dropped to National 1 I’d still support them.
Yes of course we will westy but that doesn't mean we're not entitled to a :censored: good whinge!!!
Soggypitch
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

This is not a disaster. Bristol are a solid band of brothers with Saints legends at the helm in Reihana and Lam, Bristol were at home, and Tigers has a red.
Had a home win all over it this one.
Got rid of OConnor after one game, now you want Murphy out after 10 or so games. Perhaps the issue here is the players and the board, not specifically solely the manager.
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

It could be worse!! :smt034 Always look on the bright side of life!! :smt034
Semper in excretia
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Indeed Murphy is not solely responsible for this mess. Its been 5 years of continuous atrocious recruitment off and on the pitch. No lessons have been learned and now we are facing the consequences of the failure of the Board. Nothing will change until the Board choose to act decisively to halt the rot.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:13 pm Well the Board has brought us to this juncture through their bungling incompetent recruitment both on and off the pitch. Kay and Underwood should fix trot Oscar and take Cohen and Glyn with them

We need to clear out a raft of overpaid has beens not fit to wear the jersey.

We need a world class DOR, defence and forwards coach instead of the clique of ex tigers who simply are not up to it.

Action must be taken immediately or else the club will continue to decay and decline.

It will take years to for us to get back to the top but it must start now!
Gonna say it again, Cockers got rid of because he didn't tolerate egos and he knew AM was carp. Senior players, Kay, Underwood, BOD in general, plus trading a reasonable bunch of players for 'superstars' and some lacking spirit.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:36 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm Baz I’m as devastated as the next person, but we still support the boys surely, even though the squad is on its knees and devoid of ideas !? If we dropped to National 1 I’d still support them.
Yes of course we will westy but that doesn't mean we're not entitled to a :censored: good whinge!!!
Trouble is Soggy our whinging out of loyalty, season after season, is continually ignored. We all have the Tigers at heart but the patience of the most loyal supporter is still being severely tested. It is an embarrassment given the quality of individual players in the Tigers squad. I have never whinged being beaten by a better side as long as the heart has been put into the loss but when there is a blatant lack of direction, defence and leadership it beggars belief on what actually is being coached between games?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I wouldnt want Murphy out, Cohen and Glynn yes but more importantly I want Glynn replaced by a DoR with a pedigree of proven success who can instill some belief and spirit into a squad whose confidence must be shot to hell.
I'm not cynical just experienced
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cockers is just as much at fault as the board.
He had no balance to the squad, Spending how much money on a 3rd choice TH when Balmain could've filled it.
If he wasn't so stubborn on the forwards only plan we wouldn't have needed to try and get Mauger.

Cockers is a great coach but he was way to set in his ways the move has helped him understand that IMO.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:13 pm Well the Board has brought us to this juncture through their bungling incompetent recruitment both on and off the pitch. Kay and Underwood should go and take Cohen and Glyn with them

We need a world class DOR, defence and forwards coach instead of the clique of ex tigers who simply are not up to it.

Action must be taken immediately or else the club will continue to decay and decline.

wouldn't say no to Rowntree though.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:57 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:13 pm Well the Board has brought us to this juncture through their bungling incompetent recruitment both on and off the pitch. Kay and Underwood should go and take Cohen and Glyn with them

wouldn't say no to Rowntree though.
Great respect for Rowntree but we have to look further than ex-Tigers surely.