New users! Say hello, introduce yourself here.(new thread)

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Melder

Re: New users! Say hello, introduce yourself here.(new thread)

Post by Melder »

Hi

New user from the sunny south coast here. I've been a Tigers fan probably since I started playing for Rugby St Andrews after I left school in 1984 and due to job moves ended up down here in East Sussex.

All my 4 boys are now grown up (sort of) and am loving the fact that 3 are avid Tigers fans and one is a season ticket holder like myself. It's a long journey but really, really worth it.

Finding the forum a good source of gossip, finding the ability to measure what's posted against what's published by club and media.

See you on the terrace, Tigers for top 3 this season with at least one piece of Silverware?

Matt :smt006
"Never, ever, :censored: anything ever, that's my motto!" (Rik Mayall, Mr Jolly lives next door)
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Hi Matt. Welcome to the forum.Hope you're right about top three!
mj2012

Post by mj2012 »

Hi all

New user from our beautiful city. Moved here a few years ago and decided to give rugby a go having never got into it before! Go to matches here and there and want to basically learn more about the game and get more involved with the club.

Hope to make some valid contributions here and maybe see some of you at the actual Welford Road :smt002

FYI definitely starting to realise what I've been missing with the game all these years...

All the best
He he shamone, but with a better touch :smt023
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Welcome to the forum mj2012. Rugby is a fantastic game; a real sport played by real men - and women.
DaveZ

Post by DaveZ »

Morning All,

Finally signed up after browsing for a while. Like many I'm a former football fan who became disillusioned and went looking elsewhere for a real sport. Grew up fairly equidistant from FG and WR, so I'm surprised it took me so long to discover rugby! Now on the Leicestershire side of the border it was an easy decision to decide who to support. :smt003

Was an occasional visitor the last couple of seasons and now a ST holder for 2017/18. Really love the atmosphere and game. Quite often have away fans around me and the mood is always jovial between all parties. Especially like the family friendly aspect as I have a 22 month old little girl who has been to a few games with me. Always felt comfortable and safe bringing her. Sit in the Robin Hood stand which even has changing facilities in the gents!

Anyway glad to be here and hopefully see some of you around.

Dave
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Welcome to the forum, Dave.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Belated greetings DaveZ!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
annchriss234

Hi..newbie here

Post by annchriss234 »

Hi..newbie here
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Welcome to the forum!
Tiger4

Post by Tiger4 »

Hello, new to forum
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Welcome to the forum, Tiger4!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

A big hello to all the members of this forum.

I am retired from the Thames Valley Police, and have followed Tigers since 1978. My place of birth was Aylestone, but have spent most of my life in Marlow, on the river Thames. However, I have never forgotten my roots, and am proud to come from Leicester, and also support Tigers, who over the years have given me so much pleasure. :smt039
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Dangerous4 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:04 pm A big hello to all the members of this forum.

I am retired from the Thames Valley Police, and have followed Tigers since 1978. My place of birth was Aylestone, but have spent most of my life in Marlow, on the river Thames. However, I have never forgotten my roots, and am proud to come from Leicester, and also support Tigers, who over the years have given me so much pleasure. :smt039
10 posts - you're almost a veteran! Welcome!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
milesanderson
Tiger Cub

Post by milesanderson »

Hello I'm an opinionated fan and have been since Dean Richards captained the side. Played as a schoolboy in Rhodesia/ Zimbabwe and coached kids from U7 to u16 at Richmond , London Scottish and London Welsh. The main beef I have with the coaching at Welford Road is, its too formula bound and rugby is haphazard , things dont always go to plan. the Tigers I think need to unlock their imaginations ,be more daring, make bolder choices and learn to think on their feet and improvise!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Hi all, I didn’t know this thread existed!

Been a long time lurker and longer time Tigers fan.

Unfortunately I spent 20 years working Saturdays as the core business day so following the team was fractured and visits to WR almost none existent.

That’s all changed over the last few years and I’ve been a regular at WR for the last two seasons and I’ve just ordered a half season ticket for the rest of the season.